Michigan @ Minneosta Game Thread

That was a tied ball to the Gophers. You can't have a timeout if you don't have none has possession, right? Either way it should never have gotten this close in the first place where the officials can have a say in this games outcome.

I don't for one second think this game has been decided by the officials. I was just pointing out my opinion on him and his officiating overall.

This is a team that is determined to make things as difficult for themselves as possible. With a 10-point lead in the second half, most teams that want to make the NCAAs find a way to close out strong. But not the Gophers.

Nope, they decide its better to stop guarding the three-point line and become tentative to the point of utter predictability on offense. And its going to cost them dearly heading into the Big Ten Tournament.....:mad::mad::mad:

yeah, the handwriting is on the wall. Better show up for the Big Ten Tournament

I'm still in disbelief that they blew this. How did it happen? NCAA birth on the line, wtf? What is it with all Minnesota teams...they consistently piss down their legs.

We lost it when we stopped driving to the basket. Ughhhhh

I still think we will make the NCAA with one BTT win.

this is ridiculous, never call a timeout when your on a transition 3

terrible coaching in this game, just awlful. dumb ass timeout, like they would have SOME OFFENSIVE play to even call. Stupid.

we just punched out nit ticket, hey atleast we should be a number 1 seed in the nit. YAY

I don't for one second think this game has been decided by the officials. I was just pointing out my opinion on him and his officiating overall.

Nope, didn't think you were. I was just stating that it shouldn't have come down to that. Was just my opinion, not directed at anyone.

The timeout by Tubby was pretty bad--not because Westbrook made the shot (he probably heard the to anyway), but because of our terrible, putrid, deplorable, set plays on offense. We don't have any.

I hope to God that Iverson was hurt or sick because that's a disgrace to the game to have Williams get the amount of minutes he got. Tubby's a great coach and all but he really hurt us today. A timeout with 4 sec left in the game when we need a 3 (meaning a good look) and we are a terrible in bounds team? Don't understand it.

Yeah, Tubby seemed to get his butt kicked in the last 10 minutes there.....that was bad.

i dont know what to think, we need to win 2 in the btt to be bak in the bubble.

Nice job guys. Try not to choke down the stretch next time. I don't want to sound too harsh, but they just hosed it up hard-core.

All you had to do is beat a below-average Michigan team at home. You knew they would come hard for 40 minutes. And you responded by clamming up and playing like you were scared down the stretch. Bravo.

If you're going to back into the NCAA by "hoping" for a big performance at the Big Ten Tournament, I don't want any part of it. Especially after openly blowing your supposed "final" home game of the season.

That was, in a nutshell, inexcusable.:mad::mad::mad:

Not to mention we had a double-digit lead again and let their main offensive weapon, the 3-pt shot, go uncontested the entire 2nd half. No adjustments at all on defense and more dumb play on offense. We were absolutely killing them in the paint, especially Sampson, so what do we do? We go back to running 35 sec off the clock and heaving it up.

credit goes to Michigan for using the zone effectively and to Al Nolen for never throwing an entry pass ever.

Not to mention we had a double-digit lead again and let their main offensive weapon, the 3-pt shot, go uncontested the entire 2nd half. No adjustments at all on defense and more dumb play on offense. We were absolutely killing them in the paint, especially Sampson, so what do we do? We go back to running 35 sec off the clock and heaving it up.

we were killing them in the paint and had a 10 point lead at about the 10 minute mark......then it was al nolen time......which means the offense goes to schit....no movement and they back off

but you can say we screwed it up.......but michigan went off and made everything.....i mean good lord......they just went off

they have guys who can score at will and we dont......how the hell we have the same record as them is beyond me

I hope to God that Iverson was hurt or sick because that's a disgrace to the game to have Williams get the amount of minutes he got. Tubby's a great coach and all but he really hurt us today. A timeout with 4 sec left in the game when we need a 3 (meaning a good look) and we are a terrible in bounds team? Don't understand it.

I cannot believe how bad Williams is. How many times was I on my hands and knees screaming at the SOB to MOVE and get himself open. He just stood there and when he got the ball he freaked out and passed it off as soon as he could. Either that or he just turned the ball over as fast as he could. I'm sorry, I'm sure he is a very classy kid but Tubby made a big mistake.

Sorry for the negativity but it is these little things throughout a game that lead to utter collapses like this. I'm sick about this ridiculous loss.

Every time I see that POS Williams, I think there's a good chance of me being able to make a D-1 basketball roster. I hope to God Tubby addresses Iverson not playing and he-who-shall-not-be-named playing.

I cannot believe how bad Williams is. How many times was I on my hands and knees screaming at the SOB to MOVE and get himself open. He just stood there and when he got the ball he freaked out and passed it off as soon as he could. Either that or he just turned the ball over as fast as he could. I'm sorry, I'm sure he is a very classy kid but Tubby made a big mistake.

Sorry for the negativity but it is these little things throughout a game that lead to utter collapses like this. I'm sick about this ridiculous loss.

He has a pair of the worst hands I have ever seen for a post player. Like you said, I'm sure he's a good kid and all, but how many post passes did he fumble today alone?? It seemed like every one. And when he did catch the ball, he put up a shot in the first half that I thought was going shatter the backboard. It was a bad move to let him play as much as he did today.:mad:

Top Bottom