Michigan @ Minneosta Game Thread

nope

The timeout by Tubby was pretty bad--not because Westbrook made the shot (he probably heard the to anyway), but because of our terrible, putrid, deplorable, set plays on offense. We don't have any.

nope, I disagree. I think we have offensive plays but the players cant or wont regulary run them.

nope, I disagree. I think we have offensive plays but the players cant or wont regulary run them.

Well, if Cobbs knows how to pass the ball, he's going to see a LOT of playing time next year at the point.

I'd be happy if we had some guys that could knock down a jumper every now and then. That's our biggest problem on offense. Well that, and the almost mandatory 18+ turnovers we surrender on a regular basis...:rolleyes:

Some of you on this thread are really wasting all that fantastic basketball expertise. You should go ask Tubby if he can use you as assistant coaches. When you do that, take along your Big Ten all-conference awards to really impress Tubby. And kindly tell us how that meeting goes. I don't have to name you all; you know who you are.

I would think each of the 4 recruits will see lots of PT next season.

In general, the current squad lacks playmakers and floor leadership. I hope someone among these new four can provide that. I know Royce White will be a playmaker. Mbakwe is going to be a dominating monster. Williams and Cobbs I'm less certain about but quite optimistic.

Some of you on this thread are really wasting all that fantastic basketball expertise. You should go ask Tubby if he can use you as assistant coaches. When you do that, take along your Big Ten all-conference awards to really impress Tubby. And kindly tell us how that meeting goes. I don't have to name you all; you know who you are.

You obviously did not see the game today. Either that or you need to have your eyeballs removed and polished. The decision to play Williams for even one minute after he threw two balls away in the first 5 mnutes was ridiculous. That's not basketball expertise, that's common f'ing sense.

Just because Tubby is one of the most renowned coaches in the nation doesn't mean that he's exempt from making bad decisions which occurred today.

Will Minnesota Athletics ever stop choking?

They were IN the tournament up by 10 at home with less than ten minutes to play. You don't lose that lead against an average Michigan team with your tourney hopes on the line.

We've only lost 2 halftime home leads in Tubby's tenure....does it surprise ANYONE that one of them was a game we desperately had to have?

If this team missses the NCAA's we can have quite a discussion over which meltdown was more atrocious....Gopher Football from 7-1 to irrelevant or Gopher Basketball from 16-1 to irrelevant.

Handsome,

I watched the game. Tubby knows what he's doing.

cwilson,

Instead of whining here, why not call up Tubby, state your case, and teach him a few lessons?

Top Bottom