Mel Tucker DID get fired. With cause.

Cue people on here saying that the school has no right to fire him and they’ll have to pay him his full contract

That didn’t take long
Nor should it.

Head football coach admitting sexual contact with someone being paid by the university.
Said head football coach has a huge buyout, a morality clause, and an average football team.

Regardless if consensual or not, it’s an easy way to get out of that contract. Mel tucker doesn’t dispute facts that are fireable.

Forgot that he was getting paid $9.5M yearly! Definitely over paid.

I am guessing that the "suspension" was decided on after consulting with lawyers who have been scouring Tucker's contract and MSU policy. the last thing MSU wants is to somehow screw up the dismissal process and leave Tucker with a legal avenue that he could exploit to keep his money.

having said that, I put the odds of Tucker remaining as Head Coach at about 1 in 100.

after reading some of the accounts, it just goes to show you that money does not provide happiness. Tucker was hauling in 9-mill a year and - if the accusations are correct - he sounds like a very unhappy person.

One of many reasons to love the Fleck family!
GettyImages-1178406955.jpg

United!

Michigan State Announces Football Coach Mel Tucker Suspension | Press Conference​

Big Ten Network, September 10, 2023.

Tucker always came off as an extreme weirdo to me. That contract MSU gave him was super inexplicable from the off.

Something is rotten in East Lansing. Their athletic department is a dumpster fire.

Nor should it.

Head football coach admitting sexual contact with someone being paid by the university.
Said head football coach has a huge buyout, a morality clause, and an average football team.

Regardless if consensual or not, it’s an easy way to get out of that contract. Mel tucker doesn’t dispute facts that are fireable.
I agree with everything except he disputes one very large fact.

Tucker always came off as an extreme weirdo to me. That contract MSU gave him was super inexplicable from the off.

Something is rotten in East Lansing. Their athletic department is a dumpster fire.
Mel is considered to be a very kind and genuine teacher. Coaches and analysts alike comment on his humility and sincerity. This new issue is sad.

Top Bottom