Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas Trip Plans: Hotels, Bars, Tickets, Tailgating, etc.

What If You're a Sophisticated Gopher?

The U is known for producing some of the best and brightest graduates, and I have no doubt that some of you have your own plaque on Scholar's Walk. So, if you are in town and looking for something more than cheap beer (or a house made from the cans), you will find plenty to do in the Energy Capital of the World.

I'm just going to leave one simple link here, because performance dates vary and you may be into different things. However, you should be able to catch several theater performances, ballet, opera, symphonies, and other live performing arts and music during your stay.

http://www.visithoustontexas.com/things-to-do/performing-arts/

Also, check out the museums link on that page for even more to do.

Getting Drunk

I wish someone had made this guide for me prior to my trip to Minneapolis. The reason is because I was thoroughly unfamiliar with local beers. Therefore, we picked up a sixer of Grain Belt to carry around to the tailgates and I was looked upon with disdain by the local beer snobs. Hey, in my defense, I saw the giant Grain Belt sign north of downtown and thought it was the cool beer. We made up for it by sampling several other beer selections at Stub and Herbs, so all was not lost.

I'm a beer snob, but I don't see how anyone can look down upon Grain Belt? Both kinds work just fine.

Fitting in With Texans

I reckon I better give y'all some advice on how you Yankees can fit in here with us once you cross the border into our country. Since you're fixin' to spend a few days with us, you might as well get settled in and comfortable. Y'all are Minnesota nice, and generally well-mannered folk, so you should have no trouble assimilating.

First of all, expect to make small talk with cashiers at the store, or random people around you. Not everyone is talkative, but quite a few strangers will want to engage you in conversation.

Ladies, let us gentlemen hold open the door for you.

We're very accepting of different diets, lifestyles, or races, although you may come across someone who acts as if you slapped their mama if you don't eat meat or want to kiss a person of the same gender. Just ignore them, they're just old goats set in their ways and don't mean any harm to anyone.

Don't expect to smoke anywhere indoors or close to indoors. I'm pretty sure Houston has banned most of that. You can get your tobacco fix with a nice pinch of Levi Garrett or Copenhagen if you so desire, but please try to aim for the spittoons.

We're pretty casual, for the most part. Unless you're hitting up the theater district, you don't need to go too fancy with your wardrobe. No one will judge you based on what you're wearing unless you're in some hoity-toity Galleria shop.

That being said, you don't have to starch up your Wranglers and slip on your Tony Llamas unless you're headed to the rodeo. I can't promise you won't see someone riding a horse in town, but most of us have cars.

The way you can tell a good Texan is if they have this ring on their finger (and you'll see a lot of them):
ring.jpg

If you need anything while you are in town, just tell one of these folks that you know TexasAggie '11 and they'll help you out.

You need to eat at least one plate of enchiladas, one chicken fried steak, and one Whataburger while you are here. I'd also suggest some BBQ, but everyone knows the best of the best is out towards the Hill Country. I wouldn't have you settle for anything less.

If you're making a mixtape for your journey down, here's what to put on your iPod:
Willie Nelson
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Buddy Holly
Freddy Fender
Janis Joplin
Roy Orbison
ZZ Top
Robert Earl Keen
Mike Jones
Selena
Pantera
Bob Wills
Texas Tornados
Townes Van Zandt
Flaco Jimenez
Pat Green
The Toadies

Grab a copy of Texas Monthly and Texas Highways at the newsstand in the airport, and please don't wear your spurs indoors.

I'm in my early 30's so take this from the perspective from someone that's a hotel snob, likes nice restaurants, and would head to a bar after the game for a few. Everyone has their own perspective but if you fit part of the profile above, you might want to read what I have to say.

Overall impression of Houston: I lived in Houston for 2 years from '08-'10. Houston is not a pretty city. In fact, it's downright ugly. It's flat. There's not a single power-line buried. There are no zoning laws, making the city mish-mashed. It's awesome for business and there's more money in Houston than you might think. So that means there's places to spend that money (i.e. restaurants, hotels, nightlife, etc). Nobody "chooses" to live in Houston. They go there for the business opportunities. What you'll also find is Houston is an international city. Dallas tends to have the Texas mentality. You have a hard time finding people "from Houston" Lots and lots of transplants. That makes the city kind of cool IMO. Visually ugly but it has personality.

Weather: It's hot as F in the summer but around the New Year, expect highs in the 50's and 60's. If you stay for 3+ days, there's a decent change you'll see 70's.

Downtown Houston: I think downtown Houston blows. There are some nice hotels like the Four Seasons but people just don't walk around downtown because there are sketchy areas to say the least. If you stay downtown, ask your conceirge about where not to venture. The Toyota Center is downtown and the Rockets do play the Thunder (Harden vs old team) on the 29th so that's kind of cool if that's your thing. Also, the House of Blues can have good acts but didn't see anything I'd like during that time. There is an underground city (similar to the Minneapolis skyway system) that connect downtown buildings in Houston but if I wanted to smell urine, I'd go to a public bathroom for that.

Midtown: Just to the southwest of downtown. Lots of bars are restaurants. Kind of the trendy area to live. No hotels but this is where my wife and I will go at least one night with friends. Understand that Houston is known for 3 types of food: BBQ, Tex-Mex, and Seafood. From the Seafood angle, try Reef. It's in Midtown and has some of the best food in Houston IMO. (http://www.reefhouston.com/). Also in Midtown is Cyclone Anaya's, a great Tex-Mex place. (www.cycloneanaya.com). Next to Cyclone's are some good sports bars and restaurants. Another good bar is Pub Fiction in Midtown (www.pubfiction.com).

Rice U Area: Just to the southwest of Midtown is the Rice U area. Good shopping and restaurants. Quite safe. Not a bad place to stay if find a hotel in this area. Its also pretty close to Reliant. It's next to the Medical Center, the world's largest health care centric area with tons of hospitals, clinics, etc. It has it's own skyline. I really like Rice Village. It's a shopping area with many restaurants and bars and is a couple of blocks west of Rice U. Dining options I like are Mi Luna, which is a spanish tappas place that's sooooo good (mi-luna.net), Brian O'Neills Irish Pub, which has an awesome happy hour (brianoneills.com), and Little Woodrows, which has a great beer selection (http://littlewoodrows.com/). Since it will be Winter Break for Rice U, I don't expect there to be a big college crowd at night in this area but there are still many young recent grads that hang out around here.

Reliant area: This is south/southwest of Rice U. Not much to do around the stadium Obviously tailgating is what we'll be doing but in terms of restaurants, bars, etc: not much. Lots of chain restaurants and no bars. FYI: It's a bit sketchy 3-4 blocks west of the stadium. There are some hotels north and northeast of Reliant that aren't too bad. I just won't be spending any time in this area other than gameday so it doesn't make sense for me to stay in a hotel close to it. I do like Reliant as an NFL stadium though. It's nice and clean inside. It doesn't have the character of a Lambeau field but if the roof is open, I'm kind of a fan because I like nice and clean.

Galleria: This is an area that's 3 miles west of downtown and 4 miles northwest of Reliant. You'll know it's the Galleria because it has the tallest building in the world that's not associated with a downtown skyline (a product of the lack of zoning laws in Houston). It's easy to spot. That building is easily taller than any building in Minneapolis and it's just there by itself. In the Galleria is a high-end mall but also lots and lots of nice hotels and restaurants. This is where I'm staying (Westin). There's a St Regis, Omni, Intercontinental, etc. Also, there are too many restaurants and bars to begin to list. Very safe, clean area and since I'm a hotel snob, it works perfectly for my wife and me.

If you do want to do the touristy stuff (and there's not much in Houston that's touristy), I'd recommend the NASA tour. It's 30 minute drive from the areas I described above but it is pretty cool. It's easy to spend a day there. Also, I'd avoid Galveston. It's a dump.

If you like to golf, I'd recommend Wildcat (http://www.wildcatgolfclub.com/). It's the closest public course to the areas described above and it's a good track. It's just south of Reliant.

Don't stay up near the airport. It's a long drive to anything worth seeing. North Houston is a dump and you'll drive thru it to get to the area where you stay. You'll understand what I mean when I say the northside of Houston is a dump. You'll also notice that everything I mentioned is south and/or west of downtown That's because that's the only areas of Houston worth doing anything or staying anywhere.

That's about all I have time for right now. If you have specific questions, you can message me.

Wow, TexasAggie Guy and PewterSchmidt, thank you both for sharing so much information. This is way better than Lonely Planet : )!
Both of you guys shared things that are fun for both young and old, hipster and conservative.
Thanks!

A Few Odds and Ends

There's a couple of things I forgot to include in my other posts that may be worth knowing.

First, we play washers here. It's just like cornhole, but you toss large metal washers through the holes in the boards. In our vernacular, cornhole is the place you poop from. So, don't be surprised if you get directed to a pub with a rainbow flag if you ask a native Texan if they want to play cornhole with you.

Micheladas. It's like a Bloody Mary made with the beer of your choice. Give it a try.

Chips and salsa are free at most Tex-Mex restaurants. They will automatically be brought out to your table when you sit down. Most times, refills are free, unless the menu states otherwise.

If a restaurant has Pappas somewhere in the name, chances are the locals love it. The family of restaurants aren't going to give you the most authentic down-and-dirty Texas experience, but they're a good safe bet and can be found in almost all parts of town. The Goode family of eateries are decent, and more of a budget option than Pappas (which can be moderately pricey).

Go crazy and have at least one margarita, whether it's a dollar special (in that case, have five) or a signature specialty blend from a restaurant or bar. They'll come frozen or on the rocks, and they may ask if you want salt on the rim.

If you're going to make an extra-long trip out of the bowl game, look into the Big Bend. It's across the state (a 650 mile drive), but you can break that up with a stop in San Antone, Austin, or the Texas Hill Country.

Make every store or restaurant name possessive if it's not already. Example: Buffalo Wild Wings = Buffalo's. This rule does not apply to Whataburger.

You can refer to fans of Texas Tech as 'tards. They love that.

Don't say Houston like the New Yorkers do (house-ton). It's yew-stun. For all other place names, if you are in even the slightest doubt, it's probably not pronounced how you think it is. e.g. Manchaca = man-shack; Burnet = burn-it; Bedias = bee-dies; Leaky = Lake-E.

Don't mess with Texas. Seriously, find a trash can and don't litter.

It's a state law that if someone sings "The stars at night | Are big and bright" then everyone within earshot has to stop and clap-clap-clap-clap.

Just kidding, but it is a state law that all passengers in the vehicle, even in the back seat (this part is new) must be buckled up.

Real chili doesn't have beans.

Drive friendly. When leaving the stadium or any other busy area not controlled by a light or officer, zipper merge. That means let one person from the opposite direction go, then you go, and so on. Don't be that guy who tailgates the person in front of you so that people from the other direction can't get in line.

Texas does not honor Minnesota's concealed weapons permit. Leave your firearm at home or locked safely in your vehicle.

If you see a Buc-Ee's on your drive in to town, it's a darn good place to stop and get refreshments and fill up with gas.

I find the Brisket way too smokey and dry. I like my BBQ dripping. Different strokes I suppose.

If you go to one of the signature BBQ joints in the state, such as Luling's City Market, the brisket will be pretty moist. In most places where you go into the smokeroom or outside to the pit to pick your meat, simply ask for a cut off the fat end.

If you go to one of the signature BBQ joints in the state, such as Luling's City Market, the brisket will be pretty moist. In most places where you go into the smokeroom or outside to the pit to pick your meat, simply ask for a cut off the fat end.

OMG, that is so easy to ask for with Wisconsin Women. :)

Thanks for all of the helpful tips and suggestions, guys! Hopefully I can find a way down there to make good use of them!!

Using the advice from this thread, booked a three-night stay at the Holiday Inn near Rice. Right next to the rail line for easy access to downtown/uptown and the stadium, and within walking distance of the Rice Village establishments.

Using the advice from this thread, booked a three-night stay at the Holiday Inn near Rice. Right next to the rail line for easy access to downtown/uptown and the stadium, and within walking distance of the Rice Village establishments.

I was at a grad student leader conference at Rice last year and this was the hotel where the delegates stayed. Because I only went down for one day of the conference, I didn't have a room myself. However, I picked some colleagues up for dinner here. The lobby seemed fairly swanky and clean, so based on that, I would say you made a good choice. There is a Pizza Hut and Jack-in-the-Box(?) in the parking lot.

I mentioned in one of my posts that whomever finds Texas A&M University park gets bonus points. I think you're going to win since you are staying right across the street!

Just booked for the Crowne Plaza Near Reliant. Really close to the stadium

Convenient location for the game, but bring a bottle of water because the trek across the Reliant parking lot is a bit longer than it seems! There isn't much in the way of nightlife or entertainment around there. Just north of you on Kirby is Freebird's, a burrito place similar to Chipotle (if you are familiar with them) that got their true start from their location across from Texas A&M. If you follow the south loop west from your hotel to Braeswood and keep heading west until you go a couple of blocks south on Hillcroft, there is New York Coffee Shop. They sell bagels by the dozen and I am partial to their jalapeño bagels. It's about four miles from your hotel. I can't vouch for the coffee.

Convenient location for the game, but bring a bottle of water because the trek across the Reliant parking lot is a bit longer than it seems! There isn't much in the way of nightlife or entertainment around there. Just north of you on Kirby is Freebird's, a burrito place similar to Chipotle (if you are familiar with them) that got their true start from their location across from Texas A&M. If you follow the south loop west from your hotel to Braeswood and keep heading west until you go a couple of blocks south on Hillcroft, there is New York Coffee Shop. They sell bagels by the dozen and I am partial to their jalapeño bagels. It's about four miles from your hotel. I can't vouch for the coffee.

Thanks Aggie. I am doing a quick 1 day trip from Pittsburgh the morning of the game and leaving the next morning. I looked for the most convenient hotel I could find. Your information really helped me out with the search.

Bring me a Primanti Bros. sandwich and one of everything from Sheetz and I'll trade you for some tex-mex and barbecue.

I worked at a Sheetz when I was in high school. Had one at the bottom of the hill I grew up on. I never got sick of the food. You got a deal haha.

has the u announced an official pep rally yet?

Aggie,

Is it worth heading south to the Gulf for an afternoon? Or are the beaches closest to Houston/Galveston pretty dumpy? I'd like to maybe spend a day on the beach, but want to make sure it's a nice place to spend an afternoon before I spend a day of my time down there driving down there and back.

Thanks!

Aggie,

Is it worth heading south to the Gulf for an afternoon? Or are the beaches closest to Houston/Galveston pretty dumpy? I'd like to maybe spend a day on the beach, but want to make sure it's a nice place to spend an afternoon before I spend a day of my time down there driving down there and back.

Thanks!

Galveston is not the nicest beach in the world by any stretch of the imagination. It's also not exactly a litter-filled oil-slick with mangy dogs running around. Basically, it is a small patch of sand with salt-water waves lapping at your toes and a Ben and Jerry's across the street.

If you go in expecting a Corona beer commercial experience, plan to be disappointed. If you want to be able to wear shorts in December and sip on some margaritas or chow on hush puppies, you'll be just fine.

Kemah may have more going on in terms of activities and attractions. Galveston has some cool historic homes and the Moody Gardens Christmas lights thing is cool if you are into that. Either way, I would think coming from much colder weather, just the ability to sit at an ocean front bar around New Year's would be cool. There's also the option of Lake Conroe if you wanted to go out on the water. Several places there will rent you a boat by a full- or half-day.

Galveston is not the nicest beach in the world by any stretch of the imagination. It's also not exactly a litter-filled oil-slick with mangy dogs running around. Basically, it is a small patch of sand with salt-water waves lapping at your toes and a Ben and Jerry's across the street.

If you go in expecting a Corona beer commercial experience, plan to be disappointed. If you want to be able to wear shorts in December and sip on some margaritas or chow on hush puppies, you'll be just fine.

Kemah may have more going on in terms of activities and attractions. Galveston has some cool historic homes and the Moody Gardens Christmas lights thing is cool if you are into that. Either way, I would think coming from much colder weather, just the ability to sit at an ocean front bar around New Year's would be cool. There's also the option of Lake Conroe if you wanted to go out on the water. Several places there will rent you a boat by a full- or half-day.

Yeah, I'm not expecting scantily-clad women filling the beaches and a raging party by any means. A few of my group have never seen a body of water bigger then the lakes up here so it was something a couple of them were kinda excited about. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I'm not expecting scantily-clad women filling the beaches and a raging party by any means. A few of my group have never seen a body of water bigger then the lakes up here so it was something a couple of them were kinda excited about. Thanks for the advice!

I would say, and locals or those more in the know may disagree with me, that you should check out The Spot. There are five different restaurants/bars in one location, and The Spot has an upstairs patio overlooking the Gulf. It's a little touristy, but not bad.

On the other side of the island you can find Katie's Seafood Market on Wharf Road. That's where I usually go to pick up fresh fish or shrimp.

We have a branch campus in Galveston. It's off the beaten path a bit on its own island, but the cool thing to see there are the training ships. Students at TAMU-G can participate in the Texas Maritime Academy and train on actual ships.

They have dolphin tours, although I have no clue whether they operate in the winter. There are also some ghost walking tours you can take. And, like just about anywhere with water, there are the Duck amphibious vehicle tours.

Schlitterbahn, which is a waterpark, has some heated indoor pools that are probably still open this time of year. I've never been to the one in Galveston (only the original in New Braunfels), but I remember seeing something about it still being open when we were in town two Christmases ago. It may be worth a look.

The Strand, which is kind of the main street of downtown, has a few bars and shops on it. It's nice and pretty to walk down, but there's a lot of overpriced tourist junk being sold in many of the shops. It's a good stroll if they have Christmas lights up.

Galveston runs pretty much on a rectangular grid, with numbered streets running north-south, starting from the east. East-west streets are alphabetical, starting from the north. However, in downtown many of the streets have been renamed to something else. Then, they call some streets 1/2 and some Rear and some are both. Honestly I have no clue what they are doing. Either have someone explain the system to you or take a GPS if you are looking for something specific.

However, just follow I-45 as it turns into Broadway and turn back right at Seawall and that will get you to the ocean.

For those who are big Lord of the Rings/Hobbit fans, I recommend The Hobbit Cafe on Richmond Ave if can get there.

Aggie... thanks for all of the information!

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious if you have any suggestions for New Year's Eve in Dallas? After the bowl game we are heading to Dallas for a couple days, and that's where we will be ringing in the New Year.

Thanks.

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious if you have any suggestions for New Year's Eve in Dallas? After the bowl game we are heading to Dallas for a couple days, and that's where we will be ringing in the New Year.

What kind of scene are you looking for?

p.s. Stick around town for a couple more days for the Cotton Bowl for a really good time.

Tickets arrived an hour ago. Section 109, $75.

New Year's Eve in Dallas

Since I'm killing time here for a minute, let me take a stab at a couple of very different options for NYE in the Metroplex.

First, for MplsGopherFan or anyone who will be in DFW on the 3rd or 4th, let me invite you to a couple of different events:

On the evening of January 3 we will be in the Fort Worth Stockyards. When I say we, I mean thousands of maroon-clad Aggies. At midnight, you are welcome to join us for one of the best traditions in college football, Midnight Yell Practice. The Stockyards are off of Main Street, north of Downtown Fort Worth. There are numerous steakhouses and bars here, and there will more than likely be live music. On your way into the Stockyards, eat at Joe T. Garcia's if you've never been, or join some of my colleagues at the pre-party at Longhorn Saloon at 6:30 p.m. Around 11:40 p.m., just follow the crowd down to the east end of Exchange Street towards the hill. There will be a maroon bus parked at the top, and that's where the action will take place.

On Saturday the 4th, the Aggie Gameday Headquarters will be at J. Gilligan's in Arlington. It's on Abram between Collins and Cooper, just a stone's throw away from the stadium. I'm sure people will be there all day, but most of my team arrives around 3:00 p.m. You're also welcome to take the shuttle to the stadium and tailgate with the Aggies. If you tailgate, just tell whoever you walk up to that you know me from GopherHole and I said to show you some Aggie hospitality, and they'll give you beer or food.

Now, for New Year's stuff:

To people from the Metroplex, the name Dallas means a specific set of incorporated city limits. For the rest of Texas, Dallas means an enormous area in North Texas that can include any number of smaller cities. So, I will cover some events or nightlife that are outside of Dallas proper.

Dallas has its own NYE celebration akin to the one in Times Square (i.e. outdoor, crowds of people, etc.). Never been, but it seems promising if you want the Big Apple experience in the Big D.

I like the Greenville Avenue area, somewhat close to the SMU campus. St. Patty's Day is their annual big hurrah, but I'm sure they tear it up for NYE as well. Check out the Granada Theater because they have a good blues-rock band playing that night. Nearby Henderson Avenue is also good.

I don't know too much about Downtown or Uptown. When I lived in Dallas, I was in Far North Dallas, so I tended to hang out in Addison or the like. Sorry about the lack of recommendations for this area.

Belt Line Road in Addison has a hundred bars right in a row. Some of the surrounding communities have less than favorable liquor laws, so all the restaurants and nightlife concentrate right here. Black Finn is a good place if you are younger and want to hook up with someone. Stay away from the *&%^*@# Magic Time Machine.

Don't be fooled by any hype you hear about Deep Ellum. This district just east of Downtown has seen better(?) days. If you're into metal/punk/tattoos, you might enjoy it, though (honestly, I enjoy it from time to time). You may also hear hype about Sundance Square in Fort Worth. There's one interesting bar (8-something?) and Razoo's chain cajun food, and that's about it - it's not bad, but it's not great. West End in Dallas is super touristy. Avoid, unless you want to eat at Spaghetti Warehouse and not enjoy any of the local scene.

If you do go to Downtown Fort Worth, and you have a little class and culture, you might enjoy the NYE performance at Bass Hall. Great venue for all kinds of performances. I think there's a Flying Saucer somewhat nearby if you want to get drunk first.

As mentioned above, the Stockyards can be alright if you want to get into a whole cowboy vibe. I would wait until the Aggies take over and not waste your NYE there, however. Get a burger from Kincaid's if you are in Fort Worth.

Grapevine has the Glass Cactus built into their mega hotel/shopping complex. There is a disco cover band playing that night.

If you're loaded with cash from betting against the Tards in the Meineke Bowl, head over to the bar at the Mansion at Turtle Creek. Actually, it's really not terribly more expensive than many other Dallas establishments, but you will appreciate the classiness of the joint after spending the week with Tech fans.

If you want the real Texas experience, check out the Sons of Hermann Hall or Love and War in Texas. You'll feel like [insert your favorite country legend's name here] might just mosey on in at anytime and grab a tall cold one.

Black Friar and their sister bars are pretty popular local hangouts. The Old Monk is a great place for sports fans. McKinney Avenue is a pretty popular place and there seems to be lots going on.

That's kind of a shotgun blast approach to a few things that might be of interest. Grab a Dallas Observer or Fort Worth Weekly when you hit town to get a list of upcoming concerts and events.

Let me know what part of town you are in, what types of things you might be interested in doing, what kind of music you like, etc., and I will see if I can be of more specific help.

Let me know what part of town you are in, what types of things you might be interested in doing, what kind of music you like, etc., and I will see if I can be of more specific help.

Aggie, thank you, again, for all of your help! The Big D NYE Event in Victory Park sounds fun. We may check that out. We are staying in Uptown, so we may also check out the Uptown bars/restaurants. I lived in Dallas in the mid-90's, when "Uptown" did not yet exist, and that part of Dallas was really not a very good part of town (I was VERY young at the time ...). I know things have changed significantly since then, so I'm really interested in seeing what has become of that part of town (I've heard great things!).

Unfortunately, I need to be back in Minneapolis for work on January 2, so the Cotton Bowl and the Aggie events in Ft. Worth and Arlington are not options for me. I would definitely be there if I could.

I may have missed it, but will you be in Houston cheering on your 2nd favorite team to a victory against the "Tards"? If so, the GopherHole fans heading to Houston (including myself) owe you and your wife some drinks for all of your help! Let us know!

Thank you!

We are staying in Uptown, so we may also check out the Uptown bars/restaurants.

Basically, if you stick to McKinney Avenue, you will have more than enough places to go. To me, Uptown has a bit too many young professionals trying to look like millionaires on a $30k salary, but the few times I've gone out there have been fun. Black Friar, which I mentioned above, is on McKinney,

I had a friend say the Ginger Man is a good place, especially if you prefer good beer. I've been to the Londoner in Addison for happy hour many times, as it was a couple blocks from my wife's school. There is one in Uptown, too. Might be worth checking out for a pint or two.

If you decide to go exploring, there is a light rail station near the American Airlines Center that will take you downtown as well as out to the north suburbs. I'm not sure how late it runs, but it could be a good alternative to driving or a cab.

I may have missed it, but will you be in Houston cheering on your 2nd favorite team to a victory against the "Tards"?

We're definitely planning on being there for the game. We haven't picked up tickets yet, but we plan on finding something cheap on our way into the stadium. I have a coworker who may be tailgating down there, but other than that, we have no pre-game plans.

I'll keep GH up to date as to what we decide to do. I may try to bring some free Aggie swag for y'all (koozies most likely).

My coworker was asking about what pop/rock/country/rap songs there are about the Gophers so that she can make a playlist to antagonize the Tech people at her tailgate. Anyone have suggestions/YouTube links for Gophers mentioned in song?

We're definitely planning on being there for the game. We haven't picked up tickets yet, but we plan on finding something cheap on our way into the stadium. I have a coworker who may be tailgating down there, but other than that, we have no pre-game plans.

I'll keep GH up to date as to what we decide to do. I may try to bring some free Aggie swag for y'all (koozies most likely).

My coworker was asking about what pop/rock/country/rap songs there are about the Gophers so that she can make a playlist to antagonize the Tech people at her tailgate. Anyone have suggestions/YouTube links for Gophers mentioned in song?

Thanks again for all of the help! This doesn't have words so many people won't likely understand it at the tailgate, but this is the song TCF Bank Stadium starts the break between the 3rd and 4th quarter this year. There are a few different versions, and about every sport is involved in one of these videos between the different versions.

Top Bottom