Mcneal leaves Clemson

I don't know...total Prima donna from the earlier link [http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=926]

GH: Why did you choose Clemson?

BM: My Mother’s sister that I grew up with (one of my favorite aunties), and a lot of my family is in Atlanta. I’ve also got family in North Carolina and South Carolina, so I’ll have family around where I’d be. Having family there makes a big difference for me; the home vibe and the opportunity to play was wonderful. I also liked the head coach and the all of the assistants.

GH: So it is basically that you can have the advantages you would have at Minnesota by having a support system, but still get to experience something new?

BM: Exactly.

GH: Who will be your wide receiver coach at Clemson?

BM: Jeff Scott.

GH: What’s his background? What do you like about him?

BM: He’s a young guy, I think was 27 and just turned 28 this week. He’s a really down to earth guy, he coaches hard, he’s a good Christian and a wonderful guy that my family and I trust.

Why anyone doesn't want this kid ... NO IDEA! I don't know a whole lot about him, but I took a quick glance at his rivals profile from HS. He was the #10 Reciever in the country and #1 recruit in MN.

Also, as far as family sounds like that is definitley here in MN and it is good to see religon as being a plus for him considering Coach Kill was named coach of the year by the fellowship of christian athletes.

Would love to see this guy as a Gopher, being a highly rated MN kid at a position we will desperatley need next year. Hope coach Kill brings him in!

EDIT: Maybe Clemson has a different opinion of what a Prima donna is, but every Clemson board I have checked out discussing the transfer has had nothing but compliments for McNeal. Not sure where rumors of him having a bad attitude is from, but I am still hoping he is a Gopher!

From Golden Bear Lair

BrYce McNeal, a Clemson transfer, is a target for Cal and will be taking an official visit to Cal this Friday. He is a Wide Receiver and was one of the top in the 2009 recruiting class. McNeal, a highly-touted recruit coming into Clemson, decided to transfer this year to another school for post-grad. Golden Bear Lair was able to talk to BrYce McNeal about the current status of his situation and the schools on his list. For background, McNeal impresses in both rankings and stats as noted in his player bio:
Before Clemson: Rated as the #75 player in the Rivals.com 100…#91 player in the nation by PrepStar…#75 player and #9 wideout in the nation by ESPN.com…#10 wideout in the nation by Rivals.com and #25 wideout by Tom Lemming…#40 wideout in the nation by Scout.com…#8 player in the Midwest by SuperPrep…#16 wideout in the nation by SuperPrep…#91 player and #13 wideout in the nation by Athlon…#12 player in the ACC by Athlon…had 41 catches for 344 yards and one touchdown as a senior…had 31 catches for 720 yards and nine touchdowns as a junior…participated in the U.S. Army All-American game…coached by Chris Ohm at Breck High School…recruited by Jeff Scott and Mike Dooley…chose Clemson over Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Oregon.

2009: Red-shirted.

2010: Had 19 catches for 187 yards and seven yards on four carries in 318 snaps over 12 games (three starts)…had four catches of at least 20 yards…had at least one catch in nine games…had four receptions for 43 yards at Boston College; he had a 29-yard catch…had three catches for 33 yards against #23 N.C. State…had three catches for 21 yards in 61 snaps at Florida State…missed the Wake Forest game due to an injury.

In 2011, BrYce McNeal left the team in the middle of the season, but still decided to graduate from Clemson. He will graduate early this spring and then will be looking to transfer.

The list of schools that BrYce is considering is still developing, but he has visited Uconn already and is currently setting up a couple more visits with other schools as well. As for his contact with Cal, BrYce told Golden Bear Lair “When I got my release papers, I just forwarded them to different schools including Cal who expressed interest. Later, I was able to talk to Coach Kiesau and he said that Cal would love to have me so I was able to set-up this visit on Friday.”

BrYce McNeal will get his master’s degree at the university he chooses to transfer too to play football. He is eligible to play 2 seasons at the university he will attend as well.

McNeal also knows a couple players on the Cal Football team already as he explained ” I know Keenan Allen because he I met him when he was on a visit to Clemson when he was being recruited. I also know Allan Bridgford because he was the quarterback of my team in the 2009 Army All-American Game.”

When pressed to name his favorites, McNeal said that he is still undecided and will start making a list after the Cal visit as the list of schools expressing interest is still growing.

Cal will be getting a very experienced and talented Wide Receiver if they land BrYce McNeal and that could help the Bears immensely as they are losing some Senior WRs this year and will have a young receiving corps behind Keenan Allen heading into next season.

Make sure to follow Golden Bear Lair for updates on BrYce McNeal as he takes more visits and ultimately decides where to attend.

From Golden Bear Lair

BrYce McNeal, a Clemson transfer, is a target for Cal and will be taking an official visit to Cal this Friday. He is a Wide Receiver and was one of the top in the 2009 recruiting class. McNeal, a highly-touted recruit coming into Clemson, decided to transfer this year to another school for post-grad. Golden Bear Lair was able to talk to BrYce McNeal about the current status of his situation and the schools on his list. For background, McNeal impresses in both rankings and stats as noted in his player bio:

In 2011, BrYce McNeal left the team in the middle of the season, but still decided to graduate from Clemson. He will graduate early this spring and then will be looking to transfer.

The list of schools that BrYce is considering is still developing, but he has visited Uconn already and is currently setting up a couple more visits with other schools as well. As for his contact with Cal, BrYce told Golden Bear Lair “When I got my release papers, I just forwarded them to different schools including Cal who expressed interest. Later, I was able to talk to Coach Kiesau and he said that Cal would love to have me so I was able to set-up this visit on Friday.”

BrYce McNeal will get his master’s degree at the university he chooses to transfer too to play football. He is eligible to play 2 seasons at the university he will attend as well.

McNeal also knows a couple players on the Cal Football team already as he explained ” I know Keenan Allen because he I met him when he was on a visit to Clemson when he was being recruited. I also know Allan Bridgford because he was the quarterback of my team in the 2009 Army All-American Game.”

When pressed to name his favorites, McNeal said that he is still undecided and will start making a list after the Cal visit as the list of schools expressing interest is still growing.

Cal will be getting a very experienced and talented Wide Receiver if they land BrYce McNeal and that could help the Bears immensely as they are losing some Senior WRs this year and will have a young receiving corps behind Keenan Allen heading into next season.

Make sure to follow Golden Bear Lair for updates on BrYce McNeal as he takes more visits and ultimately decides where to attend.

Sounds like he's homesick...

Talked with someone very close to Bryce yesterday and it sounds like Cal is a done deal. He has 2 years of eligibility left and will enter grad school there. Impressive that he finished up at Clemson in 3 years.

Per Sid:

"Bryce McNeal, the former Breck wide receiver who spent three seasons at Clemson, is now at Connecticut, where he will have two years of eligibility remaining."

Go Gophers!!

Per Sid:

"Bryce McNeal, the former Breck wide receiver who spent three seasons at Clemson, is now at Connecticut, where he will have two years of eligibility remaining."

Go Gophers!!

What really impresses me about Bryce is his focus on the future beyond football. He was really debating between UConn and Cal (and yes, now I can tell you the Gophers had talked to him too) but he told me one of the deciding factors for UConn was that he wanted to get into broadcasting someday. With it being close to ESPN, possibly building connections there or an internship -that was a deciding factor. So he'll finish school with a graduate degree, and if football doesn't work out - he's got a great head on his shoulders and a bright future regardless.

I think Coach Kill should at least talk to Mc Neal and see if there is a mutual benefit here. He did graduate in 3 years...he does have some football skill (his freshman year showed that to me)and Clemson is a good football program. I think its better than taking a flyer on a JC kid. I just think to write off the person without having a conversation with him is not smart. My 2 cents anyway.

I think Coach Kill should at least talk to Mc Neal and see if there is a mutual benefit here. He did graduate in 3 years...he does have some football skill (his freshman year showed that to me)and Clemson is a good football program. I think its better than taking a flyer on a JC kid. I just think to write off the person without having a conversation with him is not smart. My 2 cents anyway.
"and yes, now I can tell you the Gophers had talked to him too" I take it reading comprehension isn't your thing?

Yeah I didn't read the last post...glad we talked to McNeal at least. I wish him luck!

Top Bottom