McKinley & Dandridge each suspended for 2 games

Didn't he steal her shoes as well?

As far as my wife is concerned, the stealing of her shoes would be the unforgiveable part. You can take anything of hers you want, but if you mess with her shoes, you've just unleashed a pit bull.

Mmm hmm...and he booted them w/o saying "violation of team rules" and without their names in the police blotter. It looks like they got the boot for being insubordinate...if that's the case then he's protecting his own a** by getting rid of them because letting them stay means his authority gets undermined. In other words, what is worse...booting players off a weak secondary and keeping your authority intact or letting them stay and risk a mutiny. Not quite the same thing as letting players play after getting arrested.

So now Bielema is too much of a disciplinarian? I don't see how this thread can get any better.

You tried to stay on topic. Good insight on the actual Gopher specific topic of the thread.

I hope we see someone step up.

GM

Thanks Mother Teresa, I'll take that into consideration. And if you want to go back to that post you'll see I said I use that type of language on trolls, so they all fall under that category. You go live in your fantasy alter boy world.

This isn't for me. This is for GopherHole. Based on the recent posts the site is growing in leaps and bounds. People will judge this site by the members who post here. The way you communicate represents the GopherHole community. All I do is ask you to show some class when you post, not just for me, but for the community.

No, actually you missed the point. You beat a woman, you're gone. No second chances. Do you disagree with that?

I don't disagree at all, and if I had been responsible for determining his punishment, he would have been gone. IMO, the "away game" punishment was weak, but it wasn't my decision, nor was it Bielema's.

So, after Smith's second violation there was a disciplinary option of keeping him on the team?? On Wisconsin.

I'm sure he could have pulled out some half-assed punishment if Bielema were the type of person that you folks so fervently wish to believe he is. He didn't, but that and all the other evidence I've laid out certainly won't stop you from believing whatever you want to believe. As I said before, you guys live in a fantasy world and I don't expect anything I could do would change that. It certainly is entertaining to watch, though.

BTW, it's "On, Wisconsin."

I don't disagree at all, and if I had been responsible for determining his punishment, he would have been gone. IMO, the "away game" punishment was weak, but it wasn't my decision, nor was it Bielema's.

I'm sure he could have pulled out some half-assed punishment if Bielema were the type of person that you folks so fervently wish to believe he is. He didn't, but that and all the other evidence I've laid out certainly won't stop you from believing whatever you want to believe. As I said before, you guys live in a fantasy world and I don't expect anything I could do would change that. It certainly is entertaining to watch, though.

BTW, it's "Off Wisconsin."
FYP ;)

This isn't for me. This is for GopherHole. Based on the recent posts the site is growing in leaps and bounds. People will judge this site by the members who post here. The way you communicate represents the GopherHole community. All I do is ask you to show some class when you post, not just for me, but for the community.

fair enough, these trolls kill me though, I feel like if the moderators are going to let them spew the garbage they do on here than what the heck, using F bombs on them is fair game, but point taken, we'll try and reel it in a bit.

fair enough, these trolls kill me though, I feel like if the moderators are going to let them spew the garbage they do on here than what the heck, using F bombs on them is fair game, but point taken, we'll try and reel it in a bit.

<3

BTW, it's "On, wisconsin."

actually, it is: "On, Minnesota." the good people of Minnesota just let wisconsin borrow that little ditty and insert their name in there since the geniuses over in madistan were having such a hard time writing their own fight song.

I AM A GOPHER NOT A TROLL!

BTW, it's "On, Wisconsin."

You need to take off your red and white glasses and re-evaluate this process.

I believe BB hid behind a "disciplinary committee" to allow Smith to play. I mean, if BB booted two players this summer, then he had the authority to dismiss Smith right away. Or, is it because Smith had value and the other two guys didn't?

The Smith incident leads me to believe BB lacks character and puts winning above the wearing the W. You beat your girlfriend, you should be off the team- no second chances. And, if BB is the person you say he is, then Smith should have been gone in July 2007.

The very fact that there was second opportunity for discipline is disturbing. That's the point, SFB. At Wisconsin it appears there's several chances before removing the trash. There shouldn't be.

sf badger

Yes it is "On Wisconsin" and you are definitely "On Something". You have been proven wrong and that is always the case when some nasty butt fu@ky badger fan comes trolling. I am surprised that you even know what the word parody means.
Go back where you came from, no one gives a damn about what you say and what you think. You are from Wisconsin which eliminates any credibility that you think you may have.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wisconsucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, it is: "On, Minnesota." the good people of Minnesota just let wisconsin borrow that little ditty and insert their name in there since the geniuses over in madistan were having such a hard time writing their own fight song.

Not exactly. The music was originally written for a school with a four-syllable name. Sing it, and you'll see. When the folks to the east claimed the orphan as their own (and a very nice orphan it is, I will admit) their name didn't quite fill the line and an additional syllable had to be added, kinda like adding some padding for a hand-me-down suit that doesn't fit little brother.:)

To my untrained eye, Wilhite is our best defensive end. I look forward to him getting some more snaps. This young man is a player.

It's exciting to see the Brewster commits starting to get their ops. The more they get to play on D the better off we are, otherwise we have a very inexperienced defense next year.

Though I'm an obviously new poster, I have read and enjoyed much of GopherHole for several years. I wish people would simply ignore obvious trolls. Don't respond! They're looking to agitate people and I don't think insulting them and calling them names really deters them at all. It's like the pathetic kid who'd eat boogers back in elementary school just to get noticed even in a negative way.

It's frustrating when a decent thread is hijacked or becomes an argument with someone like sfbadger. Won't happen if his ruesse is ignored.

Seriously, this is a blow to the Gopher defense. Sansavere reported on KQ that McKinley was the Gophers leading tackler. Way to do your homework, Sanny.

Seriously, this is a blow to the Gopher defense. Sansavere reported on KQ that McKinley was the Gophers leading tackler. Way to do your homework, Sanny.

You've got to be kidding! McKinley isn't even close to being our leading tackler. He has 11 tackles and is ranked 10th. Nate is our leading tackler with 47.

Here's our top 10 tacklers through 4 games:
47 Triplett, Nate
40 Campbell, Lee
35 Lawrence, Simoni
26 Theret, Kyle
17 Royston, Kim
14 Cooper, Keanon
12 Small, Eric
12 Collado, Ryan
12 Simmons, Traye
11 McKinley, Cedric

Yeah, well I heard they made some comments about Bielema's behavior on State St. and that was the end of their football careers. If you think that is a positive sign of discipline for your coach to exhibit, more power to you.

Where do you get your false stuff? IIRC, you were also the one who made false claims about the Illini rescinding their offer to Appleton.

You need to take off your red and white glasses and re-evaluate this process.

I believe BB hid behind a "disciplinary committee" to allow Smith to play. I mean, if BB booted two players this summer, then he had the authority to dismiss Smith right away. Or, is it because Smith had value and the other two guys didn't?

The Smith incident leads me to believe BB lacks character and puts winning above the wearing the W. You beat your girlfriend, you should be off the team- no second chances. And, if BB is the person you say he is, then Smith should have been gone in July 2007.

The very fact that there was second opportunity for discipline is disturbing. That's the point, SFB. At Wisconsin it appears there's several chances before removing the trash. There shouldn't be.

The point you keep missing, possibly intentionally, is that for the first Smith punishment, it was not up to Bielema. Because the incident was between two UW students it was a University handled discipline, Bielema was not involved. Also, Smith had not been convicted of anything at that point. When Smith later did not keep his commitments to the first-time offender program and had to go to trial, Bielema removed him from the team.

Now, you might have a problem with Smith getting a "second" chance through the first offender program, but you'll have to take that issue up with the Madison DA. You might have a problem with the University's discipline program, too, but neither of those things has anything to do with Bielema.

It's frustrating when a decent thread is hijacked or becomes an argument with someone like sfbadger. Won't happen if his ruesse is ignored.

If posters weren't making ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims that Bielema was a lax disciplinarian, based on a complete ignorance of the facts, I wouldn't have posted a thing. You guys are so busy patting Punky on the back for his strong moral fiber for having doled out two-game suspensions and drawing phony comparisons to Bielema's behavior before you even know what the Gopher infractions are. Maybe you think a "decent thread" is one full of misinformation and moral preening, but I don't.

If posters weren't making ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims that Bielema was a lax disciplinarian, based on a complete ignorance of the facts, I wouldn't have posted a thing. You guys are so busy patting Punky on the back for his strong moral fiber for having doled out two-game suspensions and drawing phony comparisons to Bielema's behavior before you even know what the Gopher infractions are. Maybe you think a "decent thread" is one full of misinformation and moral preening, but I don't.

Well then here's an idea: ignore it all!

You know, being that this is a discussion board about Gopher sports for gopher fans, it shouldn't be that difficult for opposing fans to just ignore us, yet you seem to hang around, let your frustration with us get the best of you, and try to 'put us in our place' when really you're coming off as a complete *sshole.

I mean, c'mon, we're not even the only ones who are/have questioned some of the decisions by BB and his people. There's already been enough articles detailing some of them; are you going to go and confront all of them on this? I don't think it's worth it, IMHO.

I think the only part of this argument that makes sense is the implication. Which is of course that Bielema sucks. Wisconsin too btw.

I'm not sure suspending two guys and making it a public announcment qualifies as covering something up.

Top Bottom