McKinley & Dandridge each suspended for 2 games

cduff

Reaction score
For a violation of team rules. No further info will be relased, per the U.

Unreal, our best DE at our thinest position, right before our rivalry game.....

Why didn't we do a "Bret Bielema" and announce they will sit out the SDSU game in November?? :D

Always unfortunate when any player makes a poor decision.

Well it's team building. Whatchya goin to do. It makes the team stronger when rules are enforced. Just not for Saturday. :(

a two game suspension

is a pretty good F'up. They must have done something really stupid. Let's hope that they learn a lesson.

come on mckinley! why couldn't it have been some third string freshman?!

man, talk about bad timing. i do give coach brewster credit though for actually having moral fiber and not simply pulling a bret bielema by only suspending them from "tuesday & wednesday's training table" or some crap like that as schnoodler suggested.

Well now that Derek Onwachi is back healthy, maybe he can step in after a week of practices. Lose one starter, gain another.

It's inevitable in any program. Kids make mistakes, be thankful it's not front page of the Strib news (knock on wood).

The enforcement and suspension (especially with a player as important to the D as Ced) brings credibility to Brew and the program, and establishes respect from the players. I don't think we'll ever hear anything about dissention in the locker room over Brew's career.

I think that this shows there's no truth rumors that Whaley was "suspended" for two games. Brewster isn't one to hide stuff like this.

Wow, our depth at safety is wiped out. With Rallis injured and Dandrige suspended, Kenny Watkins is it, unless we want to use walkons.

Right is right, wrong is wrong.

No clue what happened, but I like that we do this sort of thing. You cant let the inmates run the asylum. I have been very proud that over the past 15+ years we havent given token slaps on the wrist for mistakes.

Why didn't we do a "Bret Bielema" and announce they will sit out the SDSU game in November?? :D
Bielema probably would've suspended them for all remaining games through the end of the year in months not ending in "ber".

It's inevitable in any program. Kids make mistakes, be thankful it's not front page of the Strib news (knock on wood).

The enforcement and suspension (especially with a player as important to the D as Ced) brings credibility to Brew and the program, and establishes respect from the players. I don't think we'll ever hear anything about dissention in the locker room over Brew's career.

it is now....as the primary story under "latest news"

and it was already on the front page of the pioneer press website listed under of all things: "editor's picks" please!

man, talk about the tabloid nature of today's supposed "newspapers" :rolleyes:

Wow, our depth at safety is wiped out. With Rallis injured and Dandrige suspended, Kenny Watkins is it, unless we want to use walkons.

I'm sure Cooper could play back there in a pinch. We also have CBs Johnny Johnson and Michael McKelton if we're real desperate for S help.

Really lets down their teammates who work their butts off week after week since early August.

man, talk about bad timing. i do give coach brewster credit though for actually having moral fiber and not simply pulling a bret bielema by only suspending them from "tuesday & wednesday's training table" or some crap like that as schnoodler suggested.

I'm curious, how many years of living in a dream world did it take before you started really believing the crap you spout? I know reality has been tough for Gopher fans, but facing the truth will help you in the long run.

Bielema just booted two former starters (from probably the second weakest area) off the team before this season started. Last year he booted his starting DE off the team just before the season started and the year before that he said buh-bye to a top RB. And you still are able to maintain that he's somehow a lax disciplinarian. You guys crack me up.

Google Aubrey Pleasant and Shane Carter.

And I think you guys must be referring to Lance Smith. You know who's not on the team anymore? Lance Smith

Bielema probably would've suspended them for all remaining games through the end of the year in months not ending in "ber".

Google Aubrey Pleasant and Shane Carter.

And I think you guys must be referring to Lance Smith. You know who's not on the team anymore? Lance Smith

Lance Smith left the program voluntarily. He was not booted from the team. He played two years ago while being convicted.

It gives Wilhite and Jacobs a chance

I'd like to see Wilhite start. He was only in for a short-time on Saturday and he had a sack and a forced fumble. Good things happened when he was in. He's been working hard and has a great attitude.

it is now....as the primary story under "latest news"

and it was already on the front page of the pioneer press website listed under of all things: "editor's picks" please!

man, talk about the tabloid nature of today's supposed "newspapers" :rolleyes:

What's wrong with the strib and pioneer press reporting this? This is certainly sports news, and they both have sports sections in which they report sports news.

This is hopefully a team rules/late to practice/internal discipline incident, but it does clear the way for some young guys to get their feet wet. Watkins/Lewis might be called on to play special teams/backup @S.
Wilhite is a star in the making, he's done nothing but flash great pass rush skills everytime he gets a chance. Jacobs and Wilhite will fill in just fine, hopefully Cedric comes back humbled and hungry to prove his dedication to his teammates.

Top Bottom