McCaffrey, Warner, Farniok leaving Frosty

Nebraska's schedule is brutal again next season too. Their crossovers are Ohio St, Michigan, and Michigan St. They also play Oklahoma and Buffalo in the non-conference.
Frost has to know he's screwed. Doesn't he?

In the original 2020 schedule, they certainly would've lost to Cincinnati at home (likely before the fans had a chance to realize how good they were), and I don't even know if the Central Michigan and South Dakota State games would've been completely off the table.

Now in 2021they upgraded the MAC game to the league runner-up and top contender Buffalo, and are going to be brutally embarrassed in Norman against their "rival" from the Big 8 days.

They did sneak in a downgrade in FCS, as a "rest" game (ala the SEC) in-between home games against Iowa and Wisconsin in November.

Mainly because he is Frost.

If he was winning 8 or 9 games like Pelini, he'd have a longer leash than Pelini did because he's Frost. But he's not even close to that level.

You can't go 4 straight seasons without making a bowl game pretty much anywhere and keep your job, let alone at Nebraska. The Gophers haven't even gone 3 straight seasons without making a bowl in 23 years, and have fired 3 coaches over that timespan.

Michigan McCaffrey is moving back to Colorado to play for his dad's Northern Colorado team. I learned the Ed McCaffrey is HC at Northern Colorado today.
I wonder if he will be eligible to play right away in the spring games?

Frost has a cult following at NE including the AD and it is going to be hard for them to admit that they were wrong.
It is a very difficult job where the expectations, sense of self worth and relevance of an entire state`depend on the success of the university football team.

Frost has a cult following at NE including the AD and it is going to be hard for them to admit that they were wrong.
It is a very difficult job where the expectations, sense of self worth and relevance of an entire state`depend on the success of the university football team.
Nebraska fans still believe he can win there. In my opinion there has been little to no improvement since his arrival.

Top Bottom