McCaffrey, Warner, Farniok leaving Frosty

swingman

Reaction score

Kurt Warners kid a captain...Farniok bros were captains

Something bad is going on at Nebraska. Losing such high profile recruits can't look good and sends a signal that there is chaos in Nebraska. Another bad season, plus these recent transfers spells doom for Frost, IMO.

Something bad is going on at Nebraska. Losing such high profile recruits can't look good and sends a signal that there is chaos in Nebraska. Another bad season, plus these recent transfers spells doom for Frost, IMO.
I think he’s doing exactly what I want to see in Lincoln and want to see him there for several decades.

Here is an interesting thought. If McCaffrey has speed, can he be converted into a DB for the Gophers' backfield?

He should be playing WR and I think that's where Nebraska also wants him. But he wants to play QB, and that's the problem.

He should be playing WR and I think that's where Nebraska also wants him. But he wants to play QB, and that's the problem.

Yeah I don't see a fit for him. Unless we brought him on for a Seth Green type role?

Yeah I don't see a fit for him. Unless we brought him on for a Seth Green type role?
I don't think he would fit in a Seth Green type role. He's more of a slasher runner and our set is very much set up as a power run set. Could he grow into it? Perhaps, but I don't think that would at all utilize his skill set. I also don't think he has a future as a QB in the B10, but perhaps with the right coaching and right system, he could get there

I don't think he would fit in a Seth Green type role. He's more of a slasher runner and our set is very much set up as a power run set. Could he grow into it? Perhaps, but I don't think that would at all utilize his skill set. I also don't think he has a future as a QB in the B10, but perhaps with the right coaching and right system, he could get there

Fair point. Maybe DB then.

Seems like a complete implosion in Lincoln. Amazed Frost could get his UCF team off the bus and into the stadiums, let alone winning games... given what has transpired since his arrival at Nebraska.

He can't seem to throw the ball accurately...

For some perspective on these recent big name transfers: https://www.huskerboard.com/index.p...frey-is-entering-the-transfer-portal/page/30/

McCaffrey - was given the chance to take over the QB job and was horrible.

Wandale - the second highest used WR in the country. He didn't leave on his own, it wasn't his choice.

Farniok - undersized and would never become a starter.

Warner - had all of the chances in the world to become a main target and got beat out. His dad can say whatever he wants on Twitter, it will never chane the truth about Warner's ability as a Big Ten WR.

For some perspective on these recent big name transfers: https://www.huskerboard.com/index.p...frey-is-entering-the-transfer-portal/page/30/

McCaffrey - was given the chance to take over the QB job and was horrible.

Wandale - the second highest used WR in the country. He didn't leave on his own, it wasn't his choice.

Farniok - undersized and would never become a starter.

Warner - had all of the chances in the world to become a main target and got beat out. His dad can say whatever he wants on Twitter, it will never chane the truth about Warner's ability as a Big Ten WR.

Was Wandale Robinson forced out? How wasn’t it his choice?
He literally wrote “I will be entering my name into the transfer portal”
Am I missing something?

He can't seem to throw the ball accurately...
his mechanics are all sorts of terrible. that can be corrected to some extent via coaching. that and progression through reads/seeing the field. Maybe someone can optimize that with him

Am I missing something?

I would assume that is referring to his mother's illness.

I would assume that is referring to his mother's illness.
He didn’t have to leave Nebraska. He chose too. Not like he was kicked out or anything. Kids transfer. A lot of kids are leaving Nebraska. They aren’t all superstars but it matters

This is beautiful. Frost was huffing and puffing about a return to glory with good recruiting classes and now its all crumbling to the ground. If they don't win 6 games in 2021 he will be canned.

This is beautiful. Frost was huffing and puffing about a return to glory with good recruiting classes and now its all crumbling to the ground. If they don't win 6 games in 2021 he will be canned.
I’m not sure. They guy seems to do no wrong.

You mean someone did not make the right decision in recruiting the best high school player for their program? How can it be? Most of these guys making the decisions on recruits were coaching Division III football somewhere and now are in charge of making all the right decisions.

Am I missing something?
I agree the wording that poster uses makes it seem like they're implying something beyond just choosing to leave to be closer to his ill mother.

Top Bottom