Maxx Williams

If it's true it's fantastic news! Welcome aboard Maxx! Info I found about him.

Rivals profile

From Nebraska board.
Player: Maxx Williams
Hometown: Waconia, MN
School: Waconia
Position: MLB
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 210
40 time: 4.6
Interest: Being recruited primarily by Iowa and Wisconsin. Taken multiple visits to both. Camped at NU in summer 2010. Plays QB and LB in h.s. Great overall athlete.

Father is Brian Williams, former NFL lineman with the New York Giants.

http://www.highschoo...etro-Defense-1/

NBC affiliate in Minneapolis:
Our All-Metro Punter is Waconia junior Maxx Williams, at 6-3, 210 pounds.

He averaged 39 yards a boot on 30 punts this season. But Williams is more than just a punter.

He was the Wright County Conference Offensive Player of the Year and had the ability to score every time he touched the ball. Waconia finished 7-3 and Williams will be back next season.

We just spoke with Maxx and will have the interview up shortly. He is very excited to follow in his parents footsteps to continue their family's tradition with the Gophers.

Love it. I know nothing about him, but am happy to see another MN kid likely to get offers from other schools staying home.

Is it just me, or does he look like he's about 13 years old on that rivals profile?

Always glad to see a kid stay in state when Wisconsin is interested in him.

Where is this guy on the list of Minnesota's top 2012 players? Kill has been doing such a bang up job locking down the 2012 Minnesota kids that we almost need to start a check list of the top 10-15 instate guys.

I honestly don't know much about Maxx Williams other than the fact that he's got some good bloodlines. Are they looking at him as a LB or TE? Welcome aboard Maxx!

Love seeing Kill locking up all these Minnesota kids. He said awhile ago that he was gonna tell any Minnesota kid that is thinking about leaving to look at him in the eyes and tell him they're leaving Minnesota to play for another BigTen school. So far so good.

I wonder how many Minnesota kids will commit before the first out of state kid commits. Right now, Kill is on a roll in state.

He said awhile ago that he was gonna tell any Minnesota kid that is thinking about leaving to look at him in the eyes and tell him they're leaving Minnesota to play for another BigTen school.

It was actually Limegrover who said that, but yeah, it was awesome.

Man, I haven't been this excited for a Gophers season since 2003.

Where is this guy on the list of Minnesota's top 2012 players? Kill has been doing such a bang up job locking down the 2012 Minnesota kids that we almost need to start a check list of the top 10-15 instate guys.

I would say he is 10-12, right now. He still looks like he has yet to hit his growth spurt given that he looks like he is 12 years old in his Rivals profile pick. The good thing about that is his superior genes will probably kick in soon and he will go beast mode in the weight room. I'm pretty sure his dad came in at about the same size as him (also recruited as a TE?), but then ended up on the o-line at 300 lbs and turned out to be a 1st rd draft pick.

I think there are about 10-12 or so better players in the state right now, but that means we may end up signing 10-15 in-state kids if not many go out of state; and he definitely has some upside given his Gpa, Dad, uncle, and mom have all played big time athletics.

Thanks, my memory is not quite what it used to be..:cool02:

But yeah it only Febuary and he has locked down 4 Minnesota kids, keep em coming Kill.

Absolutely!

We keep hearing from recruits Kill knows what he is doing.

Ba-Da-Ba-Da Baaaaa!!! I'm lovin' it!!

If it's true it's fantastic news! Welcome aboard Maxx! Info I found about him.

Rivals profile

From Nebraska board.
Player: Maxx Williams
Hometown: Waconia, MN
School: Waconia
Position: MLB
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 210
40 time: 4.6
Interest: Being recruited primarily by Iowa and Wisconsin. Taken multiple visits to both. Camped at NU in summer 2010. Plays QB and LB in h.s. Great overall athlete.

Father is Brian Williams, former NFL lineman with the New York Giants.

http://www.highschoo...etro-Defense-1/

NBC affiliate in Minneapolis:
Our All-Metro Punter is Waconia junior Maxx Williams, at 6-3, 210 pounds.

He averaged 39 yards a boot on 30 punts this season. But Williams is more than just a punter.

He was the Wright County Conference Offensive Player of the Year and had the ability to score every time he touched the ball. Waconia finished 7-3 and Williams will be back next season.

Funny, your Rivals link shows him wearing a Becky hat and only shows interest in the Badgers and vice versa. Then at the bottom is a link to the article saying he committed to the U. Kinda made me chuckle..

Welcome home, Maxx!!

haha I noticed that too Fromo. But per Chris M. he said he cancelled his visit/junior day to Wisky when we offered.

My guess is he camped there last summer and it's the only pic rivals has of him. Either way gingers look better in maroon.

I would say he is 10-12, right now. He still looks like he has yet to hit his growth spurt given that he looks like he is 12 years old in his Rivals profile pick. The good thing about that is his superior genes will probably kick in soon and he will go beast mode in the weight room. I'm pretty sure his dad came in at about the same size as him (also recruited as a TE?), but then ended up on the o-line at 300 lbs and turned out to be a 1st rd draft pick.

I think there are about 10-12 or so better players in the state right now, but that means we may end up signing 10-15 in-state kids if not many go out of state; and he definitely has some upside given his Gpa, Dad, uncle, and mom have all played big time athletics.

I agree Sonny, I think Maxx is in the top 10 or right around there. I have never seen him play but according to people who have and his list of Jr days and that sort of thing he is a big strong athlete. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up anywhere from H-Back, TE, DE, or MLB. I know they have said they are looking at him as a TE but I think that is up in the air with the Kill staff.

Kill has done an awesome job already for 2012.

I agree Sonny, I think Maxx is in the top 10 or right around there. I have never seen him play but according to people who have and his list of Jr days and that sort of thing he is a big strong athlete. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up anywhere from H-Back, TE, DE, or MLB. I know they have said they are looking at him as a TE but I think that is up in the air with the Kill staff.

Kill has done an awesome job already for 2012.

Well, according to Maxx, he said that Kill told him they are recruiting him for the TE position. So I'm thinking that's where they'll put him first and foremost. From there on out, it's all up in the air.

Well, according to Maxx, he said that Kill told him they are recruiting him for the TE position. So I'm thinking that's where they'll put him first and foremost. From there on out, it's all up in the air.

Yeah, I saw that. I was just saying that it sounds from what Kill has talked about that he is extremely fluid with exact positions. I think guys who are the size and athletic ability of Maxx Williams, they simply get into school, get them lifting weights and see where he falls. But yeah, you are right, i'm sure his initial look will be at TE.

Top Bottom