Max Brosmer produced the best passing grade in the nation in Week 2

He had time on many plays.

One of Minnesota's biggest offensive struggles was giving its new quarterbackenough time to throw the football. Brosmer was pressured on 28.5% of his dropbacks and the North Carolina defense got home for five sacks on the night.

Veteran Tar Heels defensive lineman Jahvaree Ritzie was arguably the player of the game, recording six tackles and three sacks. Listed at 6-foot-5 and 290 pounds, Brosmer was running away from him all night.

One of Minnesota's biggest offensive struggles was giving its new quarterbackenough time to throw the football. Brosmer was pressured on 28.5% of his dropbacks and the North Carolina defense got home for five sacks on the night.

Veteran Tar Heels defensive lineman Jahvaree Ritzie was arguably the player of the game, recording six tackles and three sacks. Listed at 6-foot-5 and 290 pounds, Brosmer was running away from him all night.

The 71.5% where he dropped back and wasn't pressured doesn't equate to "many" plays in your book?

So you agree he had time on many plays, as the poster stated? Yes or No.

I agree that he was not pressured on 71.5% of his throws.

In assessing pass protection, do you consider that excellent, good, mediocre, bad...?

I consider 71.5% as many plays, like the poster stated. Do you?

No, not in the context of assessing pass protection over the course of a football game. I think the QB was under pressure during too many pass plays for my liking. I think North Carolina's pass rush was very disruptive.

I realize it's a little premature to say this, but I really like Max Brosmer. He appears to me as a legit Big Ten QB. He throws a nice ball with touch and accuracy. To those in the know, would you say he's in the top half of Big Ten in terms of talent? How would you compare him Tanner so far?

Here are the latest career stats with the last 4 Gopher starters, sorted by passer rating. Things are about to get more difficult for Brosmer so we will see how well these stats keep up.

ATTCOMPCOMP-%INTTDYDSYDS/ATTTD/ 100 ATTINT/100 ATTTD RUSHNCAA Pass Rtng
MORGAN106366162.18%32659,4698.96.13.08151.2
BROSMER775368.83%136278.13.91.31147.5
LEIDNER102958056.37%32367,2877.13.53.133121.2
KALIAKMANIS40521653.33%13172,2365.54.23.23107.1

I realize it's a little premature to say this, but I really like Max Brosmer. He appears to me as a legit Big Ten QB. He throws a nice ball with touch and accuracy. To those in the know, would you say he's in the top half of Big Ten in terms of talent? How would you compare him Tanner so far?
I think he's similar to Morgan in a lot of ways. I actually think Brosmer does a slightly better job of not locking onto receivers like Morgan could do at times. Morgan was maybe slightly more decisive.

Agreed. Given time, he looks like a very accurate passer who attempts to read the D and find the open man rather than locking on. Very willing to check down, but only after going through his progressions. I like what I’ve seen the past two weeks, but the pass rush is going to be legit moving forward.

Last season the Gophers blew games again and again. That partly goes on the QB leader, do they win?

So far Brosmer in the first game had that fumble and a couple off passes. But from mid-UNC game to now he's good. The INT today wasn't his fault.

We will see. Win baby win.

What I am liking is going away from sticking the ball in the Rb's gut so long it allows the the opponent to adjust to the play.

Top Bottom