Mason, McBrayer and Dorsey suspended

Guys just back off. You tell me how as a recruiter you would have been able to anticipate that these players would have done this? Stop pilling on and let it work itself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know Gopherhole. Lots of posters with all the answers to every situation.

Excuse me, but read the the intro and early posts on the 'official game thread' and tell me how many people should be kicked off the the gopherhole. That gives you an idea of how people have responded to earlier shenanigans. And then I wonder if any of the double entendre experts are the same people who want to fire Pitino.

And in the irony department, the Strib just ran a story (there's a thread about it on the board) about McBrayer. The whole point of the story is how his mother - an assistant warden at the Ryker's Island jail in NYC - kept him on the straight and narrow growing up, and how he used basketball to stay out of trouble.

This puts Pitino between a rock and a hard place. If he kicks these guys off the team, then it hurts his chances of having a good season next year and saving his job. but, if he doesn't kick them off the team, then he gets accused of putting wins over player conduct.

The U of M, where the fun never stops! and somewhere, Norwood Teague is laughing.

Pretty amazing that no media outlet has picked up this story yet. If this had this happened at Duke or Kentucky it would be all over by now. I guess that's one plus to having a mostly irrelevant basketball program.

Guys just back off. You tell me how as a recruiter you would have been able to anticipate that these players would have done this? Stop pilling on and let it work itself out.

One or two issues over a few years? Sure. A guy not qualifying, a few leaving, kicking off a few players, suspending a few others? Yeah, you have to recruit a different quality of player.

So we're going to kick kids off the team for having sex now? Please fold all Gopher athletics immediately.

People acting like they pulled a McNeil here. They filmed (presumably) consensual sex amongst (presumably) all adults and accidentally posted it online (much easier to do than you might think). That's more terribly bad judgement than a character flaw. Agree fully with the suspension, but demanding they be kicked off the team is a little extreme. I would say it also depends upon the female in questions thoughts. Probably one of the more important voices here.

I'm not too concerned yet, it certainly does look bad, but curious to see how this plays out.

I'm far more concerned with Grayson Allen attempting to hurt kids on the court with dirty plays than I am who our players have sex with off the court.

Excuse me, but read the the intro and early posts on the 'official game thread' and tell me how many people should be kicked off the the gopherhole. That gives you an idea of how people have responded to earlier shenanigans. And then I wonder if any of the double entendre experts are the same people who want to fire Pitino.
Nevermind - like the video, they've been removed.

It's a story but in college sports there are a thousand worse ones every year. Actual crimes.

So we're going to kick kids off the team for having sex now? Please fold all Gopher athletics immediately.

Big difference between kids having sex - AND kids having sex and posting video on social media.

These are scholarship athletes at a public university. Their actions reflect on the team and the university. Go ask any of the Board of Regents if they're happy with this kind of publicity.

Again - the problem is not the sex. the problem is posting sex videos on social media and making them public. It's about judgement - and not being smart enough to understand that actions have consequences.

Well if we kick any of these players off the team we might as well give Sharp a Scholarship. He's playing well enough.

+19

People acting like they pulled a McNeil here. They filmed (presumably) consensual sex amongst (presumably) all adults and accidentally posted it online (much easier to do than you might think). That's more terribly bad judgement than a character flaw. Agree fully with the suspension, but demanding they be kicked off the team is a little extreme. I would say it also depends upon the female in questions thoughts. Probably one of the more important voices here.

I'm not too concerned yet, it certainly does look bad, but curious to see how this plays out.

Agreed.

Embarrassing? Yes. Terrible judgement? Yes. Suspensions warranted? Yes.

Kicked off team? Most likely not. Unless there is more to the story.

Agreed.

Embarrassing? Yes. Terrible judgement? Yes. Suspensions warranted? Yes.

Kicked off team? Most likely not. Unless there is more to the story.

There almost always is when it comes to the Gophers...

Could they have released this information before I put money on the +185 ML. FML!

Big difference between kids having sex - AND kids having sex and posting video on social media.

These are scholarship athletes at a public university. Their actions reflect on the team and the university. Go ask any of the Board of Regents if they're happy with this kind of publicity.

Again - the problem is not the sex. the problem is posting sex videos on social media and making them public. It's about judgement - and not being smart enough to understand that actions have consequences.

Of course we don't know for sure who actually posted the video.

And in the irony department, the Strib just ran a story (there's a thread about it on the board) about McBrayer. The whole point of the story is how his mother - an assistant warden at the Ryker's Island jail in NYC - kept him on the straight and narrow growing up, and how he used basketball to stay out of trouble.

This puts Pitino between a rock and a hard place. If he kicks these guys off the team, then it hurts his chances of having a good season next year and saving his job. but, if he doesn't kick them off the team, then he gets accused of putting wins over player conduct.

The U of M, where the fun never stops! and somewhere, Norwood Teague is laughing.

I doubt that.

I'd like to know also, ya know, for science.

Read the other thread with a ton of pages today.... It's a double team, 2 videos multi players involved posted on Dorsey's Twitter. Taken down 30 minutes later.

Paging Carlos Morris - need some conduct essential to the team (warm body).

People acting like they pulled a McNeil here. They filmed (presumably) consensual sex amongst (presumably) all adults and accidentally posted it online (much easier to do than you might think). That's more terribly bad judgement than a character flaw. Agree fully with the suspension, but demanding they be kicked off the team is a little extreme. I would say it also depends upon the female in questions thoughts. Probably one of the more important voices here. I'm not too concerned yet, it certainly does look bad, but curious to see how this plays out.

+1000

Love how this forum gets busy when **** hits the fan. Where where these trolls the last couple games when these kids where playing hard and being extremely competitive. Bunch of ******bags if you ask me.

How does the U of M sex consent waiver form factor in with this wild action?

Pretty amazing that no media outlet has picked up this story yet. If this had this happened at Duke or Kentucky it would be all over by now. I guess that's one plus to having a mostly irrelevant basketball program.

Sure, and the NCAA would have cleared them already.

Top Bottom