***Maryland @ MN - Saturday 1/23. Terp Time - OFFICIAL THREAD***

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I feel like we're gonna control the game from beginning to end, ala Michigan.

I'll say 85-69.

Time for Gabe to shine tomorrow on the offensive end.

Surprised the line is only -6. If I was a betting man, I take us and give the 6 points.

Last edited:

Is your name Stan?

Didn't realize you I was violating your unwritten rulez of the basketball board, Brian McCann

If you don't like it feel free to report this thread to the moderator and/or ignore me.

FWIW I've started game threads before, Mr. Happy.

Last edited:

Didn't realize you I was violating your unwritten rulez of the basketball board, Brian McCann

If you don't like it feel free to report this thread to the moderator and/or ignore me.

I’m just f’ing with you, but for real he does get sad though.

Last edited:

So much bad juju here.

After going 5-4 in what was undoubtedly one of the toughest stretches we have ever played, it would be such a downer to finish this season without a pretty gaudy record given how the schedule softens moving forward. That being said, Indiana/Purdue appear to be moving in the right direction. Somebody else might emerge.

Come on Gophers.....let me dream of a Sweet Sixteen again.

Gophers are due for a stinker at home. That’s what scares me. Maryland is capable. Have won at Wisconsin and Illinois.

Jump on ‘em early. Gophers owe the Terps after last years choke job at The Barn.
How is the world did they beat Illinois on the road? This game has danger written all over it. I don't want to hear we "did not come ready to play". Blow them out and don't look back.

1. Freeman with a surprise and surprisingly effective six minutes.
2. Ihnen with nine rebounds but 0-4 on rainbow threes.
3. Johnson with a strong all-around game.
4. Mashburn with twice as many minutes as Williams.
5. Gabe with two early drives to the bucket and two later threes.
6. Robbins with four blocks.
7. Carr runs unchecked with 25 points.

Gophers win by 13

1. Freeman with a surprise and surprisingly effective six minutes.
2. Ihnen with nine rebounds but 0-4 on rainbow threes.
3. Johnson with a strong all-around game.
4. Mashburn with twice as many minutes as Williams.
5. Gabe with two early drives to the bucket and two later threes.
6. Robbins with four blocks.
7. Carr runs unchecked with 25 points.

Gophers win by 13
Minus the Freeman minutes, feel like this could describe a couple games this year already

Gameday info...

I am likely watching this game on my phone. Will be an interesting one. I think the gophers win but get tested. Maryland isn’t great but has a couple nice road wins and will be looking to add to their resume.

-6 seems light. Gophers by a dozen

Don't care how they win, but they must win this one. Come ready to play and win by 10-20 and lets move on...

Gophers are due for a stinker at home. That’s what scares me. Maryland is capable. Have won at Wisconsin and Illinois.

Jump on ‘em early. Gophers owe the Terps after last years choke job at The Barn.

Say that again. That was a disaster. They are more talented than their record, though. And as the TV guys say ad nauseum, they have the most energetic bench in the conference.

This is that trap game, but i don't think the Gophers fall into it. Not as big of a margin as I'd like, but they probably win by about 8.

Both team may have matchup concerns. Who will guard Scott who shoots 40% from 3 and is 6/7 with a big body? Johnson is my guess. All their guards look big and strong. Guessing Gabe on Wiggins, Both on Hart and Carr on Ayala but Morsell.........? If that is their lineup who does Liam guard as they don't appear to have a starter big?

The Gophers have to get the ball to Liam right off the tip off and stay with it. Md will probably double on him as their tallest starter is just 6/7. Carr will have to deal with their bigger guards. Maybe MD will show a zone?

I do like how we're fighting to get the ball inside today. Will pay off eventually.

Top Bottom