Markus Allen Commits to the Gophers

Dylan Wright already transferred once, correct? From A&M to here. So wouldn't he have to sit out a year if he were to transfer again? Or am I misunderstanding the transfer rules?
I believe you are correct about sitting out after a second transfer.

I really don’t know how I feel about this. Obviously by the looks of it it seems like a sweet pickup but when I go back and watch his high school film he really did not look like anything special at all. His stats were really good, but he just generally looks slow and can barely beat these high school corners. I like however his hands. In the clips there were many contested catches from his lack of separation and his hands actually look pretty nice. Can’t see drops as his problem, I think his problem will be creating separation with sup par speed and route running. With that being said he’s got 3 years and a whole lot of potential. It’s also been 2 years since his HS days so I’m willing to bet he’s improved since

MBS should graduate and move on with his life.
You’re way too harsh on way too many players. I get everyone is pissed about the Purdue play, but the hate has gone way too far. MBS is still a solid player to have, maybe not as a top option at this point, but he still has a couple years to keep developing. He has made some big plays in the past.

solid get IMO.
Add him and Donielle Hayes going into next year! And still in on Chance Fitzpatrick as a recruit as well.

Will be interesting if there is any movement out from any of the WR's on the team right now
Why does an addition inherently require a subtraction?

Why does an addition inherently require a subtraction?
it doesnt......big picture. would be hard to blame a WR for looking for something more when the gophers are coming off back to back years finishing in the bottom 10 of pass attempts per game

I really don’t know how I feel about this. Obviously by the looks of it it seems like a sweet pickup but when I go back and watch his high school film he really did not look like anything special at all. His stats were really good, but he just generally looks slow and can barely beat these high school corners. I like however his hands. In the clips there were many contested catches from his lack of separation and his hands actually look pretty nice. Can’t see drops as his problem, I think his problem will be creating separation with sup par speed and route running. With that being said he’s got 3 years and a whole lot of potential. It’s also been 2 years since his HS days so I’m willing to bet he’s improved since
I haven't seen the film, but you don't have to be blazing fast to be a great WR if you run routes well and can catch. Da'Jon McKnight was pretty slow and at least statistically, is one of the best Gopher WR of all time.

You’re way too harsh on way too many players. I get everyone is pissed about the Purdue play, but the hate has gone way too far. MBS is still a solid player to have, maybe not as a top option at this point, but he still has a couple years to keep developing. He has made some big plays in the past.
Yeah, probably a bit hard on them. It’s three players 2, 22 and 55 that drove me crazy and all three were exposed. Impossible to argue IMO that we wouldn’t have been much better from the jump this year with 8, 0, 45 and 14 getting the reps other than the first three. It kinda turned out that way at the end for various reasons 2 got hurt and 8 blew up run and pass threat. 55 got benched in passing downs post the Penn St debacle with the TE TDs which at least was a step in the right direction. 22 I don’t know why he was still rolled out there only by the grace of the football gods that his most recent drop wasn’t picked Saturday. At one point this year he had four picks on his most recent seven pass attempts to him that had to be some sort of record. On the bright side, 8 and 45 will be all big 10 first teamers maybe as early as next year and 0 looks like he has a chance to be a baller.

Another wide receiver - does it even matter? As long as they stay in the current situation, where the entire offensive playbook could be written on a cocktail napkin, he’ll never get the ball anyway

Regardless, I’ll take 5-86 Avery Saturday. One thing to keep in mind, is he is just beginning to scratch the surface - next year a whole new level.
He seems to have an extra pep in his step since Athan took over, the step was intensified Saturday when it was obvious we were going to throw the ball.

He seems to have an extra pep in his step since Athan took over, the step was intensified Saturday when it was obvious we were going to throw the ball.

That "pep in his step" was also obvious when AK came in the second half of Nebraska. There is a chemistry there, or maybe a lack of chemistry elsewhere.

Another wide receiver - does it even matter? As long as they stay in the current situation, where the entire offensive playbook could be written on a cocktail napkin, he’ll never get the ball anyway
Were you asleep on Saturday?

Ummm, do you watch the games?

He joined yesterday and came out of the gates roaring with that great take. Can already tell he is going to be a ton of fun on the board. :)
That’s one way to make your presence known I guess.

I’d agree. Last year there were posters that were pretty excited by what they saw from him and his potential. He has a bit of a rough year but no reason he can’t bounce back and be a productive receiver next year.

Top Bottom