Markus Allen Commits to the Gophers

I think Dylan is now dialed in - I watched the 4Q again yesterday for kicks and he looked like a number one receiver, making contested grabs in traffic. Additionally, he made at least one or maybe two tackles as the gunner on punt coverage (I don’t think he does that if he’s got a foot out the door).

He needed someone talent wise on his level.

Not to take anything from your point, but nearly certain that is Walley who is the gunner on the punt team? They wear the same #

I think Dylan is now dialed in - I watched the 4Q again yesterday for kicks and he looked like a number one receiver, making contested grabs in traffic. Additionally, he made at least one or maybe two tackles as the gunner on punt coverage (I don’t think he does that if he’s got a foot out the door).

He needed someone talent wise on his level.
I mentioned this elsewhere, but I don’t think Dylan really did anything different against Wisconsin. Athan just seemed more willing to take the risk of throwing 50/50 balls his way, which is where he’s always excelled. I still think Dylan leaves some to be desired in his ability to get open, but if he’s making catches like he did on Saturday, maybe he doesn’t need to.

Let the WI pipeline begin. WR spot filled. Would love a DE/LB who had 11.5 sacks last year come over and stick it to his former team

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I don’t think Dylan really did anything different against Wisconsin. Athan just seemed more willing to take the risk of throwing 50/50 balls his way, which is where he’s always excelled. I still think Dylan leaves some to be desired in his ability to get open, but if he’s making catches like he did on Saturday, maybe he doesn’t need to.
Regardless, I’ll take 5-86 Avery Saturday. One thing to keep in mind, is he is just beginning to scratch the surface - next year a whole new level.

Yeah he didn't do anything different but his effort stayed 100% and that's the difference. He has had attitude problems in the past that have lead to disagreements with coaches and in return had a lack of effort on the field.

If we keep feeding him and he gets confidence he could be deadly.

I hope he helps the Gophers.

having said that, players don't make a lateral transfer if they're happy at their current school.

something didn't work out at WI.

have to hope that the Gopher coaches understand the situation and have a plan to correct any possible issues.

having said that, players don't make a lateral transfer if they're happy at their current school.

have to hope that the Gopher coaches understand the situation and have a plan to correct any possible issues.
There is very clearly a subset of WI players who have taken issue with how their coaching situation has been handled this year- I’d say that’s a safe bet.

There is very clearly a subset of WI players who have taken issue with how their coaching situation has been handled this year- I’d say that’s a safe bet.
He was not happy with playing time, it had nothing to do with Chryst being fired. When he lost snaps to freshman Vinny Anthony, he bolted. He was 6th on the depth chart

I was hoping that the Gophers would poach some of Wisconsin's OLs. But now with Luke Fickell coming to Madison, it is Pipe Dreams.

Yeah sorry I replied before I read the rest of the thread.
It's okay. He's a former Linebacker. They've been known to jump off sides on blitzes from time to time. He'll understand... ;)

blitz-all-night-remember-the-titans.gif

cb43c56e-40a8-4777-beeb-f39b62159c35_text.gif

Dylan Wright already transferred once, correct? From A&M to here. So wouldn't he have to sit out a year if he were to transfer again? Or am I misunderstanding the transfer rules?
Unless he grad transfers yes is my understanding

I know I'm making assumptions and cart before horse here, but a WR core of

CrAB
Jackson
Wright
Brockington
Allen

With depth of
MBS
Hoskins
White
Dino Kailakmanis
Recruits

Plus BSF at TE

There's some serious potential there. There's a good mix of height, size, and speed.
Not sure if MBS can handle being a back-up. It would help if he could catch.

Might be portal himself, we'll see. Wild speculating there, I have no info.

Unless he grad transfers yes is my understanding
My understanding is that when they went to the one-free-transfer rule ... that killed the grad transfer.

The point was to simplify it all, and make it like the other sports (volleyball, for example) that allow one transfer with no conditions. So then why still allow a grad transfer on top of that?

I'd vote to get rid of it. There is always the waiver process if you really want to leave, or just sit out a year.

Didnt Athan underthrow him a bit on the 45 yarder. I thought Dylan had a step on the CB

My understanding is that when they went to the one-free-transfer rule ... that killed the grad transfer.

The point was to simplify it all, and make it like the other sports (volleyball, for example) that allow one transfer with no conditions. So then why still allow a grad transfer on top of that?

I'd vote to get rid of it. There is always the waiver process if you really want to leave, or just sit out a year.
You very well could be correct abs hope you are

one underrated thing about recruiting the portal is that guys brought in via the portal are less likely to leave via the portal

He transferred because he wanted to hold the axe. He didn't like his chances in the next 3 years!

I hope we establish the passing game no matter what the score is,

And time other than trying to establish it on third and long.
Yeah, I think Athan can consistently give the Gophs 200-250 yards passing and 30 yards running per game.

I’d go so far as to say it’s a fair bet

Last edited:

I thought for sure it was Wright - he’s not credited with any tackles on ESPN’s box score, but I was screwed out of tackles I made in HS, not that I’m still bitter about it, so I will review the tape tomorrow when I have some time and report back.
Well, I hope that after you review your HS tapes you're able to credit yourself with those tackles.

Well, I hope that after you review your HS tapes you're able to credit yourself with those tackles.
That’s how I ended up tied for the team
lead; oh and theten bucks to the stat guy- my buddy who I tied was livid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. He was only half a tackle in front of me - so dick move, yes, by 2 outlandish
Compared to my other exploits.

Last edited:

Not sure if MBS can handle being a back-up. It would help if he could catch.

Might be portal himself, we'll see. Wild speculating there, I have no info.
MBS should be no more than a number 5 WR on a decent college team.

Top Bottom