Markus Allen Commits to the Gophers

Sweet. Won't ever say no to talented receivers.

Another Dylan Wright sized receiver... If Spann-Ford stays with us another year, our receiver room is going to out physical just about every team. Very exciting in my eyes.

Not as big as Dylan Wright. He was listed as 6'4" 215lb. coming out of HS. Really big for a receiver. Allen was listed as 6'2" 190lb. Still big....but not Wright sized.

I know I'm making assumptions and cart before horse here, but a WR core of

CrAB
Jackson
Wright
Brockington
Allen

With depth of
MBS
Hoskins
White
Dino Kailakmanis
Recruits

Plus BSF at TE

There's some serious potential there. There's a good mix of height, size, and speed.

solid get IMO.
Add him and Donielle Hayes going into next year! And still in on Chance Fitzpatrick as a recruit as well.

Will be interesting if there is any movement out from any of the WR's on the team right now

Be interesting to see how Allen mixes in. Highly regarded out of high school, but also skeptical due to the fact that Wisconsin doesn't exactly have a good WR room themselves. I imagine will see some guys leave from our side as well. MBS seems like a prime target there, not wishing the guy away, but his brother decommitted and I am not sure he would stick around with the potential to lose playing time between portal guys coming in, guys coming off their red shirt years. Brockington emerging . I was worried about Wright as well (and still kind of) but he's really played a lot better once Athan took over.

Be interesting to see how Allen mixes in. Highly regarded out of high school, but also skeptical due to the fact that Wisconsin doesn't exactly have a good WR room themselves. I imagine will see some guys leave from our side as well. MBS seems like a prime target there, not wishing the guy away, but his brother decommitted and I am not sure he would stick around with the potential to lose playing time between portal guys coming in, guys coming off their red shirt years. Brockington emerging . I was worried about Wright as well (and still kind of) but he's really played a lot better once Athan took over.

Yes, there's probably a fair chance he transfers. He had a lot of receptions here over his years so it shouldn't be too difficult for him to get decent offers.

I think Dylan is now dialed in - I watched the 4Q again yesterday for kicks and he looked like a number one receiver, making contested grabs in traffic. Additionally, he made at least one or maybe two tackles as the gunner on punt coverage (I don’t think he does that if he’s got a foot out the door).

He needed someone talent wise on his level.

Anyone have any solid insight on the pickup other than adding depth?

I see that he was a 4* recruit with a solid list of high end offers, and I also see his stats the last 2 seasons at WI.

CrAB
Jackson
Wright
Brockington
Allen

With depth of
MBS
Hoskins
White
Dino Kailakmanis
Recruits

Plus BSF at TE

There's some serious potential there. There's a good mix of height, size, and speed.
Just a few weeks ago ... or even a week we thought we had CRAB and ... it was a desert is far as WR potential / productivity goes.

You sure that wasn't Walley?

I thought for sure it was Wright - he’s not credited with any tackles on ESPN’s box score, but I was screwed out of tackles I made in HS, not that I’m still bitter about it, so I will review the tape tomorrow when I have some time and report back.

Last edited:

I thought for sure it was Wright - he’s not credited with any tackles on ESPN’s box score, but I was screwed out of credit I made in HS, not that I’m still bitter about it, so I will review the tape tomorrow when I have some time and report back.
You don’t have to. Walley has been on that coverage all season. It was Walley, not Wright.

You don’t have to. Walley has been on that coverage all season. It was Walley, not Wright.
Thanks.

I’ve been waiting for Dylan to bust out all year, I’m now seeing him everywhere 🤪

Regardless, I’m confident he’s staying.

Last edited:

Like the fact that he has 3 years left. Hopefully they can get him in and tap into the potential he had coming out of high school.

CrAB
Jackson
Wright
Brockington
Allen

With depth of
MBS
Hoskins
White
Dino Kailakmanis
Recruits

Plus BSF at TE

Would love to see someone emerge as a solid slot option for the Gophers ahead of MBS for 2023

Top Bottom