Mark Coyle Sole Finalist for U of M Director of Athletics position

Looks like a really good hire. The fact that he knows the area and the university bodes well for a long term commitment. As someone above said, I hope he gets the resources, support and freedom needed to do the job right.

Exactly!

I think what I'm most disappointed about is that we hired someone with AD experience. Everyone knows that those are the worst AD candidates.

Everyone at Syracuse seems raw about it, a positive for us I'd say.

KSTP 5 and Big Ten Network and Kare 11 is airing the news conference live right now.

Hopefully someone will warn him to check with the governor before creating any student ticket bundles.

Anyone have a good chronicle of events that happened while Coyle was with the department? I have to assume he was on Maturi's leadership team.

For example was he here when Mason was fired? When Lucia was hired? It would be interesting to know.

Anyone have a good chronicle of events that happened while Coyle was with the department? I have to assume he was on Maturi's leadership team.

For example was he here when Mason was fired? When Lucia was hired? It would be interesting to know.

Looks like he was in Minnesota from 2001-2005. If that is the case then the only major coaching change that would have taken place was in women's basketball.

Like I said...

I knew all along those were the people who should be on the dang committee. I'm pleased with their help in choosing our new A.D. Hat's off to the committee! Excellent choice! Go Gophers! :cool02::clap:

He was the Director of Marketing. Then Associate AD for External Affairs, where he was the main negotiator for media and licensing.

His direct sports contact started at Kentucky in 2005.

So the question now is, does he keep Beth Goetz as asst. AD?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

During the press conference he mentioned meeting wth her earlier and hoping she'd stay on.

From Gopher Lady's Post:

• I have a great deal of respect for Beth, I followed this program closely over the past 9 months. I look forward to working with her.

2prwvsw.jpg

Well done. Kudos.

Awesome!
Love me some Brewster!:clap:

I hold no grudge against Tim Brewster. The problem is that man who fired Brewster's predecessor. Tim Brewster is not a financial idiot. He was offered a 7 figure job and took it. Who amongst us would not do the same if given the opportunity?

Just watched the press conference. Mark Coyle is absolutely rock solid, professional and a family guy. Well done President Kaler!

Top Bottom