Mark Coyle Press Conference Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I found it odd how MC wouldn't answer that. It was clear from the questions there was confusion and yet he made no effort to be clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then he lied about it tonight in response to two direct questions.

Plenty of people wanted Claeys fired. Many of them for good reasons, but those defending Coyle really should reevaluate their position.

I found it odd how MC wouldn't answer that. It was clear from the questions there was confusion and yet he made no effort to be clear.

No, he answered that saying "yes, we will honor the contract". Would have to listen again, but there was a follow-up question where somebody asked "The whole contract?" and he said yes, the whole contract.

No, he answered that saying "yes, we will honor the contract"

I thought he said "we will honor the full contract" which is what was confusing to all. Even Dan B on KFAN summarized after they would be paying him $3M not just buyout. It was confusing how MC answered. At least in my opinion.

Well then he lied about it tonight in response to two direct questions.

Plenty of people wanted Claeys fired. Many of them for good reasons, but those defending Coyle really should reevaluate their position.

Why would anyone lie about this? The buyouts are there for a reason and buying out a contract is common place. You just say we have terminated Claeys employment and bought out the remaining years of his contract per the contract. Simple question to answer...no privacy laws to hide behind.

No, he answered that saying "yes, we will honor the contract". Would have to listen again, but there was a follow-up question where somebody asked "The whole contract?" and he said yes, the whole contract.

Where's the confusion or the lies then? Honor the contract means the buyout is honored.

Why would anyone lie about this? The buyouts are there for a reason and buying out a contract is common place. You just say we have terminated Claeys employment and bought out the remaining years of his contract per the contract. Simple question to answer...no privacy laws to hide behind.

That's literally what he said.

"Did you fire him for cause"
"We will honor the contract"

He was saying they were going to pay him what he was owed.

I thought he said "we will honor the full contract" which is what was confusing to all. Even Dan B on KFAN summarized after they would be paying him $3M not just buyout. It was confusing how MC answered. At least in my opinion.

When you were typing this I corrected mine. I think that response was on the follow-up question not the original. Maybe he did lie twice.

He also said there are things he can't discuss. He said the contract would be honored and it will be. I took that as Claeys will be paid his buyout per the contract. This is not hard to understand. Coyle never said he would be paid $3.1M. Joe C. is stirring the pot and Barreiro is too.

He also said there are things he can't discuss. He said the contract would be honored and it will be. I took that as Claeys will be paid his buyout per the contract. This is not hard to understand. Coyle never said he would be paid $3.1M. Joe C. is stirring the pot.

LOL. Multiple media folks have tweeted clarification on this. The problem was that it was hard to understand with how MC answered. Settle down dude, all I said is that it was odd how he answered that question - and it was. Very odd.

Clearly MSP media don't know what honor the contract means

I said this real time. He answered it and the media kept asking. Not Coyle's fault the twin cities media is dumb

This press conference functioned to give us all a feeling for what the players went through when Coyle "explained" to them the suspensions. The man has trouble communicating. Seemingly because his philosophy is to say nothing as much as possible.

I said this real time. He answered it and the media kept asking. Not Coyle's fault the twin cities media is dumb

Yeah, everyone knows "we will honor the full contract" means buyout. This isn't even a big deal - just don't get why he didn't answer this question straight up.

LOL. Multiple media folks have tweeted clarification on this. The problem was that it was hard to understand with how MC answered. Settle down dude, all I said is that it was odd how he answered that question - and it was. Very odd.

It was hard for you to understand, yes. Hard for the media to understand? Apparently it was!

I have no faith in this dipwad whatsoever. He and Kaler have ruined this program. He is full of crap and anyone who doesnt see that is blind. We will be crap until they are both gone.

And he could have answered by saying "Yes, we are paying him his buyout", because many people who were hearing and then will be reading about the press conference would assume once he said he will be "honoring their contracts"those non hardcore fans wouldn't have been aware that Claeys was the only one who didn't have a contract for the season, just the buyout.

"Be truthful at all times"

But obfuscation was his main goal.

Yeah, everyone knows "we will honor the full contract" means buyout. This isn't even a big deal - just don't get why he didn't answer this question straight up.

You do if you know they put buyouts in coaching contracts

Don't think it's a big deal either. Don't think Coyle has been great in this, but to say he lied there is flat wrong

Listening to the press conference i took it as Claeys was getting his full 3 million. One of the media members asked Coyle if Claeys was going to be getting the buyout in his contract, and he responded no we will honor his full contract. Why do you respond with that when it was clearly asked if Claeys was getting buyout money. Pretty easy to see why people were confused.

I wonder if Coyle bumped his head crawling out from under his desk for this press conference? Complete lack of leadership on full display.

Don't think it's a big deal either. Don't think Coyle has been great in this, but to say he lied there is flat wrong

Are you Marky C's little sister or something? Half your posts are defending that dbag.

I never said he lied about that. There would be no reason to. I said it was odd how he answered. That was all.

More lies from Coyle.

He didnt lie, but purposefully dodged making a complete answer.... None of the reporters pressed hard enough for the answer they were looking for, which was full contracted figure, or buyout figure.

Listening to the press conference i took it as Claeys was getting his full 3 million. One of the media members asked Coyle if Claeys was going to be getting the buyout in his contract, and he responded no we will honor his full contract. Why do you respond with that when it was clearly asked if Claeys was getting buyout money. Pretty easy to see why people were confused.

Because they don't understand that buyouts are in the contract?

I don't think it is listenters fault. The people asking questions in the room clearly didn't understand. Maybe he should have put it clearer but I thought he was pretty clear that they weren't firing him for cause. They were honoring his contract.

I don't think it is listenters fault. The people asking questions in the room clearly didn't understand. Maybe he should have put it clearer but I thought he was pretty clear that they weren't firing him for cause. They were honoring his contract.
Wasn't it always $3M and change to the whole staff, are people this dense?

Doogie asked specifically about the buyout, Coyle responded, "we will honor the full contract". Odd response. Everyone in the room knows about the buyout.

Golden Doosh-Bag Award to ya' Philly. Yours until someone comes up with something more ignorant.

Uneducated D-bag of gopherhole (you) doesn't get to hand out your own award.

Doogie asked specifically about the buyout, Coyle responded, "we will honor the full contract". Odd response. Everyone in the room knows about the buyout.

They clearly didn't know what he was saying or they wouldn't have had to ask so many times

Top Bottom