Maresh and ?

I know many people who wrestled with him in HS. They have worked for me in summer jobs. Maresh is a hot head and a cocky dude, accoring to most of them. Take it for what it is worth... Also, my neighbor is a U of M cop and was involved all day friday talking to sergents regarding the incident on April 10th. He told me today that he would have been let go but he gave the cops a bad time and was therefore cited. Lots of cursing at the officers. I would not be suprised if he is suspended. My neighbor was annoyed with him and couldn't believe how bad his attitude was.

cool story, BUT anyone who knows real crime knows that U o M cops are not real cops and doesn't care much for what they say.

Let me see?

Originally Posted by eker0016
He said he saw "what he believed to be" Maresh and possibly Royston get in an altercation with the police (which means a noisy argument). As it turns out, Maresh did indeed receive a minor consumption. Perhaps he incorrectly used the word "altercation," but perhaps Maresh was in a noisy argument with the cops as well. I realize you have a vested interest in Kim and I agree that if he didn't positively identify Kim as another individual being cited, then he should not have made that conjecture.

Perhaps he incorrectly used the word altercation? My man, he said Kim and Sam got into an altercation with the police. It did not happen, there is no perhaps. My relationship in no way clouds my judgment when it comes to folks by name erroneously posting in a public forum that someone got into an altercation with the police. Clear and simple, it was the wrong thing to do. And please allow me to add, I have also noticed that he has not rushed back here to correct his mistake nor have you commented on that. I guess when it comes to folks being responsible for their actions it only applies to football players.

I realize since you don't have a vested interest in the players you don't care what someone saids about them, even if it is untrue.;)

Originally Posted by eker0016
I want you to give the guy a break because he posted a relevant piece of news he observed (although we agree the conjecture went over the line) and you absolutely lambast him for it. My wanting a message board to permit rumor and banter in no way is incongruent with my wanting a message board to be civil.

When Maresh walks down the street with a bottle of Jagermeister, he is openly inviting himself to be talked about. If I posted factually incorrect information on here, I would expect to be corrected for it as well. I realize you were/are angry but anger in itself is not an excuse for unleashing that anger upon others.

I guess you will take your "relevant" news regardless of how much collateral damage comes with it. Why are you okay with incorrect rumors demeaning someones charactor but you take issue with someone knowledgeable of the situation making a comment? Am I to assume you believe my response was worst than the baseless and incorrect accusation? To steal and modify a quote from you, If someone posts on a message board that an upper classmen who was only checking on his teammates welfare; got into an altercation with the police "is openly inviting himself to be talked about".

"I realize you were/are angry but anger in itself is not an excuse for unleashing that anger upon others"

What? My man, I said I was not angry. Grasshopper, I guess you have been dying to use that dime store quote. Wow, I never realized the Royston men were so angry and into altercations with the police. Where is my NWA "straight out of Compton" album? I want to hear "fornicate the police!" :eek:

Oh and for the record, if the worst thing in life Sam does is get a ticket for having a beer as a minor 3 weeks from his 21 birthday and watch a fight, he should become a Saint. By comparison at the same age; I should be serving a life sentence in prison.:D
Gee, nice try at playing the race card. What part of "possibly" don't you understand? "If" KR was present, someone should teach him the old saying "a man shall be judged by the company he keeps."

Really? You actually posted this sh_t on the internet? Really? Do you know what altercation actually mean? So you actually saw both of them get into a heated argument with the police? That's what you're claiming you saw?

And you're certain enough of this to post it on the internet? To throw someones good name out there? Now don't hide behind "appeared." Nobody is gonna remember that, all they will remember is what you claimed you saw.

My man, you are wrong for this. When you float stuff like this out there it has ramifications. I wasn't going to respond but lots of folks read this stuff and my phone has been ringing all afternoon.

Yes I know what happened, no I'm not going to tell, yes you got it wrong and no I'm not angry.

In the future if you must write or post something make sure you got it right first.:cool02:

Give me a break. Its the fricken internet. What do you want him to do get quotes from your boy Kim and the thug Maresh about what happened? I don't care what happened, if you are surrounded by 4 squad cars outside a bar it's nothing good.

And to CRG and the rest of the "Clear Sam Maresh's Name!" crowd, get over it. He has displayed thugish behavior before, and seems to have done so again recently. And I heard about this before it was posted on the Gopher Hole. I don't think its a good thing to be picked up by the cops walking down the street #$%faced with a bottle of Jag in your hand.

Do you really blame Sam if he's cocky? His older brothers were big football and wrestling stars, his cousins(the Massey's) were huge wrestling stars in Minnesota(Kyle even was the heavyweight for Wisconsin a couple years ago). So Sam comes in to high school with everyone around him expecting big things from him, He wins 3 state wrestling championships and is ranked in the top 250 nationally in football, honestly what person in his position wouldn't be cocky?

MNBadgerGuy do you have any evidence to back up your claims that Sam is a thug or are you just trying to stir the pot? The kid got an underage ticket 3 weeks before he's 21 and watched a fight last year, yeah that really sounds like a thug to me?? It's not like he's acting like the late 80's/early 90's Miami players robbing ppl and getting caught with marijuana and coke. I have a friend who's going to be playing basketball next year at UW-GB who is only 18 and he has more underage drinking tickets then Maresh does, so this really is no big deal.

I think we're missing the bigger picture here.

I'm not a doctor, but I'm fairly certain that heavy alcohol consumption is bad for the heart and can, among other things, cause high blood pressure.

I don't know whether he uses Alcohol heavily, but for Sam, who has survived open heart surgery and been given a second chance at life, I hope he stays away as much as possible from anything that can cause further damage to his internal system.

Gee, nice try at playing the race card. What part of "possibly" don't you understand? "If" KR was present, someone should teach him the old saying "a man shall be judged by the company he keeps."

Race is on your mind not mine. I have no idea how you made a race issue out of what I posted?

On second thought I do understand; you know what NWA is short for and you read into that more than I intended. I guess I can see that. Like I said, that was not my intent. I only mentioned the name so folks would get my F the police reference/joke.

You also missed my comment about KR happening upon the scene (he was coming from church after a long day visiting kids at the hospital) and checking on his teammate to see if he could help.:D

On a serious note, I find the term "race card" offensive. Racism is horrible thing and that term is usually used by racist (not you) to hide behind when they have said or done something racist.

Also KR was really just checking on his teammate in that unfortunate situation. There are plenty of other ways to judge a man in addition to the company he keeps. Three that come to mind or:
1. Does he show concern for his friend?
2. Does he make inaccurate acusations and then don't bother to apologize?
3. And my favorite; does he keep his friend from getting in trouble in the first place?

I would give him of score 1-1 and n/a.

You also missed my comment about KR happening upon the scene (he was coming from church after a long day visiting kids at the hospital) and checking on his teammate to see if he could help.:D

I think the question of how/if Royston was involved was just cleared up - 100%. For those of you that doubt Sportsfan24, the fact that he was never cited for anything, or brought up in any of the police documentation should also be proof.

I'm guessing that he put a lot of smiles on kid's faces in the hospital, so kudos to him!

P.S. MNGophers11 - the company that he keeps? It's his teammates, I would hope that he would check up on a teammate and make sure everything is okay every time.

All this speculation reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker:

"I saw Elvis making crop circles"

I think the question of how/if Royston was involved was just cleared up - 100%. For those of you that doubt Sportsfan24, the fact that he was never cited for anything, or brought up in any of the police documentation should also be proof.

I'm guessing that he put a lot of smiles on kid's faces in the hospital, so kudos to him!

P.S. MNGophers11 - the company that he keeps? It's his teammates, I would hope that he would check up on a teammate and make sure everything is okay every time.

Okay it's official! I suck at the sarcasm thing.

GopherLady you are so sweet but.... Kim was partying like the rest of them (for the most part he's a great kid but an angel he is not) I was joking about the church and hospital visit. The difference is he is old enough to drink (if he was drinking, I didn't ask...sometimes ignorance is bliss). You are correct, he was not arguing with the police nor was he involved in anyway. He was only checking on the welfare of his teammate. The police had no issue with him and he had none with them.

Inregard to Sam he is making mistakes like the rest of us did and do, the difference is he is doing it under the bubble of public scrutiny. It is not unfair for people to comment or take issue with his poor decisions, I would just hope folks keep it in perspective.

Okay that should put it to rest and I will stop trying to be funny.....who am I fooling I will always be a smarta$$.:D

GopherLady you are so sweet but.... Kim was partying like the rest of them (for the most part he's a great kid but an angel he is not) I was joking about the church and hospital visit. The difference is he is old enough to drink (if he was drinking, I didn't ask...sometimes ignorance is bliss). You are correct, he was not arguing with the police nor was he involved in anyway. He was only checking on the welfare of his teammate. The police had no issue with him and he had none with them.

Inregard to Sam he is making mistakes like the rest of us did and do, the difference is he is doing it under the bubble of public scrutiny. It is not unfair for people to comment or take issue with his poor decisions, I would just hope folks keep it in perspective.

Okay that should put it to rest and I will stop trying to be funny.....who am I fooling I will always be a smarta$$.:D

I was kind of wondering who stays at the hospital until the wee hours of the morning :D

I feel stupid for not picking up on that - I just know the team does a lot of those apprearances - Saturday a few were at a Hope Kids event, that it seemed legit.

Next time, just clear up the rumor from the beginning - because what people speculate is almost always worse than the truth!

You make a fair point, but Maresh is certainly testing the limits of perspective. Here is my take:

One underage is unfortunate -- it happens to many people in college. It can be avoided, but not worth a harsh judgement. Two underages is just plain stupid. You have to be pretty dumb (even if you were over 21) to be drinking a bottle of Jag while walking down the street. Add in the fact that he got two underages in the four weeks before he turned 21 and that puts me over the top. It shows a complete lack of common sense/intelligence/maturity.

If he only had the one, oh well. It happens. But the circumstances seem to indicate that he has a lot of growing up to do and doesn't seem to care much.

You make a fair point, but Maresh is certainly testing the limits of perspective. Here is my take:

One underage is unfortunate -- it happens to many people in college. It can be avoided, but not worth a harsh judgement. Two underages is just plain stupid. You have to be pretty dumb (even if you were over 21) to be drinking a bottle of Jag while walking down the street. Add in the fact that he got two underages in the four weeks before he turned 21 and that puts me over the top. It shows a complete lack of common sense/intelligence/maturity.

If he only had the one, oh well. It happens. But the circumstances seem to indicate that he has a lot of growing up to do and doesn't seem to care much.

I can't argue with you at all. I tell my wife the word stupid and children are interchangeable. Have you ever had a child repeatedly bounce a baseball off the aluminum siding of you home; sit on your glass table (and eventually through) to watch TV; and my personal favorite, send 200 texts from her cell phone while the family is on vacation in South America... after you told her not to text because you were in South America?

In the news this morning, everyone was upset because the mother sent her adopted Russian child back to the adoption agency in Russia unaccompanied by an adult with a note attached. The note said the child was unruly and she decided to send him back after he threatened to burn down the family house.....with the family still in it. I'm not saying she was right but like Chris Rock said "I understand."

Sam is a good kid but I think he has stretched that about as far as it can go, it's time to grow up. Which I believe he will do.

Have you ever had a child repeatedly bounce a baseball off the aluminum siding of you home; sit on your glass table (and eventually through) to watch TV; and my personal favorite, send 200 texts from her cell phone while the family is on vacation in South America... after you told her not to text because you were in South America?

Remove the bat
Move the table
Take away the phone

I don't blame the child for a lot of this.

Remove the bat
Move the table
Take away the phone

I don't blame the child for a lot of this.

For some stupid carries over to adulthood.

Who said anything about a bat?

You're assuming I didn't take them away, and even if I did how would that have prevented what happened? I guess you meant I should have never purchased a baseball for my son, had a glass table in the living room (I'm old school, kids aren't allowed in the "good" room) where they are not supposed to be because we have a family room. Why would I expect them to sit on the couch, love seat, chair or ottoman instead of the glass table? And I should have never purchased a cell phone for my teenage daughter. I guess you're right, who would ever do any of these things without expecting what happened to happen?:cool:

It's obvious you have no stupids...excuse me, children.:D

For the record I love my children infinity times infinity.:)

For some stupid carries over to adulthood.

Who said anything about a bat?

You're assuming I didn't take them away, and even if I did how would that have prevented what happened? I guess you meant I should have never purchased a baseball for my son, had a glass table in the living room (I'm old school, kids aren't allowed in the "good" room) where they are not supposed to be because we have a family room. Why would I expect them to sit on the couch, love seat, chair or ottoman instead of the glass table? And I should have never purchased a cell phone for my teenage daughter. I guess you're right, who would ever do any of these things without expecting what happened to happen?:cool:

It's obvious you have no stupids...excuse me, children.:D

For the record I love my children infinity times infinity.:)

Oops...I read baseball and aluminum and it came into my head as an aluminum bat hitting the siding. If I had heard that ball against the house even once, they would know not to do it again or they lose the ball. If my boys (thanks for asking...2 by the way, 5 and 7 years) sat on a glass table, I would explain the inherent danger of that, have them sit where they should be sitting, and if they do it again, they lose the privilege of watching TV until they can play by the house rules. And I'll bet you've seen your daughter text about a million times, so if you saw her fiddling with her phone while out of the country, you probably would have a good idea of what she was doing.

Anyways...sorry for the terse reply. In my mind there is no right or wrong way for a lot of parenting, just decisions that you make as a parent. I always tell my boys that I have just one job in raising them: to get them to make good decisions. And rule #1 in our house is simply, have fun and try your best.

Oops...I read baseball and aluminum and it came into my head as an aluminum bat hitting the siding. If I had heard that ball against the house even once, they would know not to do it again or they lose the ball. If my boys (thanks for asking...2 by the way, 5 and 7 years) sat on a glass table, I would explain the inherent danger of that, have them sit where they should be sitting, and if they do it again, they lose the privilege of watching TV until they can play by the house rules. And I'll bet you've seen your daughter text about a million times, so if you saw her fiddling with her phone while out of the country, you probably would have a good idea of what she was doing.

Anyways...sorry for the terse reply. In my mind there is no right or wrong way for a lot of parenting, just decisions that you make as a parent. I always tell my boys that I have just one job in raising them: to get them to make good decisions. And rule #1 in our house is simply, have fun and try your best.

From the sound of it you seem to have a good handle on the whole parenting thing. As a seasoned veteran (boy 10, girl 15, son 22 and daughter 25) I want to hear back from you in 10 years. Right now you are in the Daddy knows everything and I want to do what's right stage. Next up is the you don't know anything and what can I get away with stage; followed by the I guess you were right I should have listened to you can you help me out of this mess stage.:D

You weren't terse you just have a strong opinion about having the answers for parenting....that's cool; I use to be just like you, 1 house siding, 1 glass table, 1 $2,000 cell phone bill and a whole bunch of other stuff ago.

Now I just thank god for beer and jazz music.

I'm at the stage where my daughter realizes that the sun comes up and goes down without me doing it. When she was about 18 months, she would ask me to give her the sun back.

Hell...I already know I don't know anything. I'm just trying to minimize damage.

This thread should be moved to the Daddy Forum. For the time being, I'm going to crack a beer and put on some Miles Davis. What? It's only 1:00? Crap...I'll wait another hour for the beer.

Top Bottom