Macura likes idea of being first to commit to Pitino for 2014

Yes I do... the facts speak for themselves. Any unsubstantiated interest he may or may not have in signing first is secondary to him looking at other schools. 100% of all evidence supports the idea that he does not care if commits first or not.

I think you're confusing the difference between liking the idea of doing something, and being completely intent on doing something. Not the same thing. Really shouldn't be this hard to understand.

I think you're confusing the difference between liking the idea of doing something, and being completely intent on doing something. Not the same thing. Really shouldn't be this hard to understand.

I think your confusing a rumor (sans supporting evidence) that somebody would like to do something with a opinion (backed by supporting evidence ) that said rumor is without basis. Furthermore buddy there is no more evidence that JP wants to sign first than there is that Travis, Vaughn or Jones want to be the first to sign

Pretty sure schools aren't limited in how many official visits they can host, recruits are simply limited to how many they can take(per It'sa pig man) Pretty stupid/jerk thing to cast stones when you have no idea what you were posting here.Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cramer View Post
c. INSTITUTIONAL LIMITS: The total number of official visits any institution may provide
PSAs on an annual basis (August 1 through July 31) shall be limited to:
i. Basketball – 12

How was I casting stones? It's not like I called you stupid or anything, I merely thought you were mistaken. Turned out I was mistaken and I owned up to that. You on the other hand have tried to call people out all over the place with statements like "please try to read better". So who's being a jerk then? I just thought it was funny that you stated "only a moron..." while proceeding to post what can only be described as a complete mess of a non-sentence.

I think your confusing a rumor (sans supporting evidence) that somebody would like to do something with a opinion (backed by supporting evidence ) that said rumor is without basis. Furthermore buddy there is no more evidence that JP wants to sign first than there is that Travis, Vaughn or Jones want to be the first to sign

I think you are confusing your opinion (that Macura scheduling a visit to Xavier means that he doesn't want to be the first to commit) with facts. Would Macura really like to be the first to commit? I don't know and neither does anyone else on this board. Furthermore, who cares? Does it really matter if he is the first to commit or even that he would like to? As long as he ultimately does then it doesn't make the slightest difference to me nor should it.

if JP really wants to commit first he can/have...but he has not. This is not rocket science . Waiting to decide is the choice he made and contrary to him having the stated baseless and illogical desire to commit first. Neither JP or myself cares if he commits first or last.

Sorry Minnesota D1 played Next Level in Denver. Marty tapes all of the games for his top teams. He posted that game. He has them listed as Pump and Run.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Macura is working on setting up an official visit with Minnesota. He averaged over 25 points per game as a junior for the Panthers last year</p>— Chris Monter (@collegebbnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/collegebbnews/statuses/368188516141780992">August 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good sign.

The Gophers would be lucky to get JP to be the first to sign. Just enjoy reading all the top players Coach Pitino has been offering and who actually are interested in the MN Gophers. It will take awhile, but we are lucky to have Coach Pitino. As for JP, why not be the first to sign to play at Minnesota. Minnesota is a Big Ten school, the toughest conference in the country. JP's signing will also lead other players to sign with the Gophers!!

I never even said that he wants to sign with us or that the rumor was true. All I said was him setting up a visit with another school doesn't automatically mean he doesn't "like the idea of being our first commit." I also said (which you seem to be having a lot of trouble understanding) that liking the idea of doing something, and being fully intent on doing something are two completely different things. Read it slowly if that helps you.

Two random and pretty worthless comments from me (what's new?) re: this thread:

1) IIRC JP had a bum ankle or something he was playing through out in Denver. I was there.. recall him throwing down some pills from his mom (assuming it was ibuprofen or something similar). He played that weekend, but it wasn't his greatest series of games ever. Point is: he might be just a tiny bit off in that game. But, I might just be dreaming this up. It's been a long spring/summer.

2) PSA visits - maximum of 12 isn't always true for basketball. I believe new legislation was adopted one year ago (after the 2012-13 manual came out, but it was effective immediately) that changed additional visits from a waiver process to automatic -- for bball, it could have had relevance (although I don't think it did) for Minnesota this summer.

If there is a head coaching change and the prior staff already used at least 75% of the visits, an additional 25% is allowed (i.e., if Tubby & his staff had 9 or more visitors from 8/1/12 to his departure, the limit would have been pushed to 15 through 7/31/13).

I am mad at myself for reading this entire thread. He reportedly likes "the idea" of being the first to commit. It does not say that it is his heart's #1 true desire. We all clearly need some real news if a rumor from a fitness club can generate this type of argument. We all should take a deep breath and a do a couple of knee bends. I can't believe I jumped into this. Thank you GophersOnTheRise for attempting to bring the conversation back to reality. I need two Aleve and three fingers of anything.

I am mad at myself for reading this entire thread. He reportedly likes "the idea" of being the first to commit. It does not say that it is his heart's #1 true desire. We all clearly need some real news if a rumor from a fitness club can generate this type of argument. We all should take a deep breath and a do a couple of knee bends. I can't believe I jumped into this. Thank you GophersOnTheRise for attempting to bring the conversation back to reality. I need two Aleve and three fingers of anything.

Ha if I wasn't so bored today I wouldn't have responded this many times. I think I'm going to have to call it quits in this thread. If Cramer is still struggling to understand at this point I will lose faith in mankind.

I really hope he JP verbals today to stop this threads direction. He will graduate a Gopher star.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Heard last night that Iowa State feels good about getting Macura for an official Sept. 14 weekend and Vaughn Nov. 17 weekend. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cyclones&src=hash">#cyclones</a></p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/368357633012400128">August 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Didn't JP say he was going to commit in August? Now taking mid-Sept. visits? I know it's his right to take his time.

I want to get one or two '14 commits soon!

Didn't JP say he was going to commit in August? Now taking mid-Sept. visits? I know it's his right to take his time.

I want to get one or two '14 commits soon!

It was posted in another thread that Ryan James doubts Macura takes a visit to Iowa State. He thinks Xavier will be his last one. And Iowa State feeling good that Macura will visit isn't the same thing as him actually visiting.

It was posted in another thread that Ryan James doubts Macura takes a visit to Iowa State. He thinks Xavier will be his last one. And Iowa State feeling good that Macura will visit isn't the same thing as him actually visiting.

At the same token, Ryan James doubting Macura will not take a vist, isn't the same thing as Macura not actually visiting.

Know one will know until Sept. 14th; or if Macura comes out and either commits to a school or says he is not going. Just shows how recruiting can be a total guessing game.

At the same token, Ryan James doubting Macura will not take a vist, isn't the same thing as Macura not actually visiting.

Know one will know until Sept. 14th; or if Macura comes out and either commits to a school or says he is not going. Just shows how recruiting can be a total guessing game.
I agree with gold.

Just a quick note about Iowa State and Macura. He was wearing an Iowa State T-shirt while working out yesterday. The optimistic Gopher fan would assume that all his Gopher T-shirts were in the laundry or being mended due to being worn too often.

Chris Monter

I think a lot of players buy shirts when they're on visits whether they plan on going there or not. I bet he has a Creighton shirt too. Doesn't really mean anything IMO.

I have an Iowa shirt. I use it to clean the bathroom floor.

What a stud. I love the Hoffarber comparison that makes absolutely no sense other than the fact that they're white Minnesotans who can shoot threes. Their styles of play are completely different. I love how crafty Macura is.

Out of curiosity, anyone have a good idea of how tall he actually is?

Here are some new highlights of JP:

I love the sound on the video. You should spread the word to all high schoolers making highlight videos that ridiculous rap songs don't make you look any better in the highlights.

What a stud. I love the Hoffarber comparison that makes absolutely no sense other than the fact that they're white Minnesotans who can shoot threes. Their styles of play are completely different. I love how crafty Macura is.

Out of curiosity, anyone have a good idea of how tall he actually is?

+019 on the Hoff - Mac comparison.

6'-5"

I feel like he'll become one of those players where you look up in the 4th quarter and wonder how the hell he scored 20 points on you. The kid just knows how to score. A shorter John Shurna.

Top Bottom