Macura likes idea of being first to commit to Pitino for 2014

Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) tweeted at 11:39 AM on Thu, Aug 15, 2013:JP Macura of Lakeville North/D1 Minnesota has scheduled an official visit to Xavier the weekend of September 6th.

WTH?

What makes you think JP won't ever start? He might not as a freshman but I could easily see him as a 3 year starter. Not trying to argue just genuinely curious.

As I clearly posted, I'm only guessing. If you look at all the 4 and 5 star wings Coach P. has offered in the short amount of time he has been here, J.P. would definitely not be in the top 5, and maybe not even in the top 10. Once again it's only my opinion, but I don't believe J.P. will keep that type of player on the bench. I think it's only a matter of time, and Coach P. will start signing that type of player.

Look, if JP likes the idea of being the first to commit to Pitino, then commit now, and he will be.

As I clearly posted, I'm only guessing. If you look at all the 4 and 5 star wings Coach P. has offered in the short amount of time he has been here, J.P. would definitely not be in the top 5, and maybe not even in the top 10. Once again it's only my opinion, but I don't believe J.P. will keep that type of player on the bench. I think it's only a matter of time, and Coach P. will start signing that type of player.

+1

good laugh.

Agreed. He is likely going to be our most lethal scorer after Dre moves on.

Pollyanna, didn't you learn anything when you were practicing with the girls team? Do you really believe we can compete in the B1G, when a complimentary player like J.P. is our most lethal scorer?

I know you want to crap on anything remotely positive, but the two aren't mutually excusive
try exclusive...try critical thinking for a change if JP really wanted to be the first commit he could today... Normal people do not go around telling people the want be the first commit(not that you get a prize for being first) and then schedule a visit for different school 3 weeks later in Sept of their final year of high school.

try exclusive...try critical thinking for a change if JP really wanted to be the first commit he could today... Normal people do not go around telling people the want be the first commit(not that you get a prize for being first) and then schedule a visit for different school 3 weeks later in Sept of their final year of high school.

I think the main idea is that many people that are apparently plugged into the situation have said that Macura is likely to commit to Minnesota. Whether he is really the first to do so or not doesn't really matter that much does it? The Xavier visit doesn't necessarily mean much as most kids take multiple officials to be sure of their decision, plus it's a free trip somewhere where you are treated like royalty. Does all of this mean that Macura is definitely going to commit? No but I personally trust these "rumors" especially since Ryan James said he heard it from many different people. Few are as good in the business as James is.

If you followed recruiting closely, you would know that it is very common for players to schedule visits only to commit somewhere before they actually take them. Not saying Macura will commit here before that visit, but that sort of thing happens all the time.

If you followed recruiting closely, you would know that it is very common for players to schedule visits only to commit somewhere before they actually take them. Not saying Macura will commit here before that visit, but that sort of thing happens all the time. Not very common ...it happens but is an exception to the majority of outcomes. Furthermore in the context of the allegedly wanting to be the first to commit here scheduling a visit 3 weeks out from now does not make sense...

If you followed recruiting closely, you would know that it is very common for players to schedule visits only to commit somewhere before they actually take them. Not saying Macura will commit here before that visit, but that sort of thing happens all the time. Not very common ...it happens but is an exception to the majority of outcomes. Furthermore in the context of the allegedly wanting to be the first to commit here scheduling a visit 3 weeks out from now does not make sense...

Why? Who do you think will commit between now and the weekend of September 6th? The only possibilities I can think of are Josh Perkins and Tum Tum Nairn, and I'd say that's probably unlikely, since Perkins seems like a Gonzaga lean and Nairn would still have an Indiana visit left. If Macura really wants to be the first commit, he more than likely has time and can still be patient. I can't fault him for wanting to make another visit to solidify his decision and to be wined and dined again.

I think the main idea is that many people that are apparently plugged into the situation have said that Macura is likely to commit to Minnesota. Whether he is really the first to do so or not doesn't really matter that much does it? The Xavier visit doesn't necessarily mean much as most kids take multiple officials to be sure of their decision, plus it's a free trip somewhere where you are treated like royalty. Does all of this mean that Macura is definitely going to commit? No but I personally trust these "rumors" especially since Ryan James said he heard it from many different people. Few are as good in the business as James is.
Never implied that we are not the fav. for JP in fact I like our chances,just calling out the JP wants to be our first recruit business! Must be inside info on Ryan James as the last thing I read from him was that JP was likely to sign with Butler during the official visit. Ryan also is on record saying that he liked our chances with Sandy Cohen and that he did not think he would go to Marquette.

Never implied that we are not the fav. for JP in fact I like our chances,just calling out the JP wants to be our first recruit business! Must be inside info on Ryan James as the last thing I read from him was that JP was likely to sign with Butler during the official visit. Ryan also is on record saying that he liked our chances with Sandy Cohen and that he did not think he would go to Marquette.

I think the head coach leaving to coach in the NBA might have had an impact in that case. Macura was there less than a week before Stevens left, if I'm remembering correctly. I doubt that Stevens would have allowed Macura to sign knowing that he was leaving for Boston a few days later.

Certainly not something that James could have foreseen at the time he made that prediction and/or should be held against him now. You might be right on the Cohen prediction. James remains one of my favorites.

Why? Who do you think will commit between now and the weekend of September 6th? The only possibilities I can think of are Josh Perkins and Tum Tum Nairn, and I'd say that's probably unlikely, since Perkins seems like a Gonzaga lean and Nairn would still have an Indiana visit left. If Macura really wants to be the first commit, he more than likely has time and can still be patient. I can't fault him for wanting to make another visit to solidify his decision and to be wined and dined again.
Very Elementary my good man ...If JP wants to be the first the only way to guarantee that outcome is to commit now! About 40% of the top 100 have already announced. The Gophs have like THIRTY offers outstanding they could get 1 out of 30+ anytime now. I do not believe there is a moratorium on players announcing for the next 3-4 weeks. JP obviously can live with not being the first to sign here.

I think the head coach leaving to coach in the NBA might have had an impact in that case. Macura was there less than a week before Stevens left, if I'm remembering correctly. I doubt that Stevens would have allowed Macura to sign knowing that he was leaving for Boston a few days later.

Certainly not something that James could have foreseen at the time he made that prediction and/or should be held against him now. You might be right on the Cohen prediction. James remains one of my favorites.

James thought JP would sign during the visit ...as in before the announcement , please try to read a little bit better.

James thought JP would sign during the visit ...as in before the announcement , please try to read a little bit better.

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that James did not think JP was going to sign with Butler on the official visit. Not even if JP wanted to sign. No one can sign until November.

I did it read it Jim. Although I must say that many of your posts are difficult to read given all the fragmented sentences.

You also might want to read my post again. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I doubt that Stevens would have allowed Macura to sign at Butler knowing that he was in negotiations with the Celtics. Or at the very least, he wouldn't have pushed Macura to sign at that time. I would assume that James went with information that he had which obviously wouldn't have included Stevens imminent departure. But to downplay James' credibility using that as an example is silly.

Regarding this thread in general....you are taking this way too literally. He was probably asked what he thought about being the first to sign at Minnesota and gave the typical, "that would be great" type response. Unless I missed the quote, I don't recall reading anywhere that he WOULD be the first to sign. Big difference. Because Alex Illikainen thought it would be neat to play in the Barn, does that mean recruiting battle is over? Of course not....

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that James did not think JP was going to sign with Butler on the official visit. Not even if JP wanted to sign. No one can sign until November.
. Be smart do not question cramer

I actually got a tweet from Ryan James as well saying that he doesn't think it will even matter if we give him the offer.....
James just stated on GI that he hears many people close to the situation expect Macura to commit to Butler on the visit tomorrow.

I did it read it Jim. Although I must say that many of your posts are difficult to read given all the fragmented sentences.

You also might want to read my post again. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but I doubt that Stevens would have allowed Macura to sign at Butler knowing that he was in negotiations with the Celtics. Or at the very least, he wouldn't have pushed Macura to sign at that time. I would assume that James went with information that he had which obviously wouldn't have included Stevens imminent departure. But to downplay James' credibility using that as an example is silly.

Regarding this thread in general....you are taking this way too literally. He was probably asked what he thought about being the first to sign at Minnesota and gave the typical, "that would be great" type response. Unless I missed the quote, I don't recall reading anywhere that he WOULD be the first to sign. Big difference. Because Alex Illikainen thought it would be neat to play in the Barn, does that mean recruiting battle is over? Of course not....

It isn't even a quote, the O.P. simply stated that there was a buzz that he would like to be the first to commit, which really could have just meant that the buzz is that Macura will commit soon and since no one else has he would be the first. Tough to really say off of one post about what was floating around at a Lifetime fitness. Jim Cramer is definitely taking that part way too seriously and, in my opinion, has come off very condescending and snooty many times.

I actually got a tweet from Ryan James as well saying that he doesn't think it will even matter if we give him the offer.....
James just stated on GI that he hears many people close to the situation expect Macura to commit to Butler on the visit tomorrow.

You claimed James said JP would "sign" with Butler on his visit. I said with 100% certainty James never said that would happen. Players cannot sign until November.

Then you cite a tweet that says James says JP could "commit" to Butler. That could be.

Committing and signing are two entirely different things. Try to keep it straight.

He was saying James didn't say he would sign during the visit, which he definitely didn't. Committing and signing are not the same thing.

Do not believe JP cares one iota about being first to sign. He is taking his sweet time like all 30+ of our 2014 targets. Facts support this. Being first is nice if you are a catalyst type of recruit who's commitment will encourage other 4/5 star kids to get on board.

Do not believe JP cares one iota about being first to sign. He is taking his sweet time like all 30+ of our 2014 targets. Facts support this. Being first is nice if you are a catalyst type of recruit who's commitment will encourage other 4/5 star kids to get on board.

JP might want to be the first to commit. He also might not. You have no idea.

JP might want to be the first to commit. He also might not. You have no idea.
I have and idea that JP does not care if he is first or not. My idea is supported by the FACT. He has not yet committed (any moron would know the only way to maximize one's chances be first is to ASAP) Not to mention the lack of any verified statement from JP indicating a desire to sign first. So yes I do have an idea supported by fact!

I have and idea that JP does not care if he is first or not. My idea is supported by the FACT. He has not yet committed (any moron would know the only maximize one's chances be first is to sign ASAP) Not to mention the lack of any verified statement from JP indicating a desire to sign first. So yes I do have an idea supported by fact!

Any one else see the irony here?

I have and idea that JP does not care if he is first or not. My idea is supported by the FACT. He has not yet committed (any moron would know the only way to maximize one's chances be first is to ASAP) Not to mention the lack of any verified statement from JP indicating a desire to sign first. So yes I do have an idea supported by fact!

This sentence is very painful to read. Legitimately hurts my head. A person can want to be the first player to commit, while still wanting to be absolutely certain about his decision first. Just because a player doesn't commit immediately after an offer doesn't automatically mean they wouldn't like to be the first of the class to do so. Either way, you still have no idea what his intentions are or what he wants to do, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

This sentence is very painful to read. Legitimately hurts my head. A person can want to be the first player to commit, while still wanting to be absolutely certain about his decision first. Just because a player doesn't commit immediately after an offer doesn't automatically mean they wouldn't like to be the first of the class to do so. Either way, you still have no idea what his intentions are or what he wants to do, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.
Yes I do... the facts speak for themselves. Any unsubstantiated interest he may or may not have in signing first is secondary to him looking at other schools. 100% of all evidence supports the idea that he does not care if commits first or not.

Any one else see the irony here?

Pretty sure schools aren't limited in how many official visits they can host, recruits are simply limited to how many they can take(per It'sa pig man) Pretty stupid/jerk thing to cast stones when you have no idea what you were posting here.Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cramer View Post
c. INSTITUTIONAL LIMITS: The total number of official visits any institution may provide
PSAs on an annual basis (August 1 through July 31) shall be limited to:
i. Basketball – 12

Top Bottom