Luckiest year ever for the state of wisconsin???

The funny thing about the hate between Wisconsin and Minnesota is they're basically the same state.

The funny thing about the hate between Wisconsin and Minnesota is they're basically the same state.

Except one has better football teams and a more supportive media environment.

Except one has a metropolitan area with real economic activity and the other has drunk serial killer animal rapists wandering through the streets.

Minnesota is known for lakes and nature, high levels of fitness, high literacy rates, long lifespans, and an atmosphere of culture, learning, and academic achievement.

Wisconsin is known for beer, brats, serial killers, dead animal rapists, toothless hillbillies, and rampant morbid obesity.

So, yeah...pretty much the same thing.

Do you really think that the 2010 Packers were any better than the 2009 Vikings? Or the 1998 Vikings? Or the 1975 Vikings (or even the 1987 Vikings)?

Nice string of hypotheticals. Like this can be answered at all.

Since it's a bunch of opinion...yes, I do think the 2010 Packers are better than those teams. Best case for it, is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy after 16 players lost to IR, 3 road playoff wins over #1, #2, and #3, and a win over the Pittsburgh Steelers....the NFL's best franchise of the last 6 years.

I'm disturbed by how often and how easily people from other parts of the country get them confused. It's bad enough that they think North and South Dakota have merged into one state, but getting Minnesota and Wisconsin confused is unacceptable.

It could be worse.....imagine if Wisconsin's coaches decided to run the ball on the biggest play of the season compared to a pass out of the shotgun?

stinks, but even the normal ones move here because they can't stand living there either. If you have ever been in Green Bay or Lambeau you wish you had those hours of your life back.
Pretty sad the existance of their living is determined by what a general manager assembles together.

I hate WI as much as the next guy, but I don't think there's a football fan in the world that wouldn't rather spend three hours in Lambeau than the humptydump.

Minnesota is known for lakes and nature, high levels of fitness, high literacy rates, long lifespans, and an atmosphere of culture, learning, and academic achievement.

Wisconsin is known for beer, brats, serial killers, dead animal rapists, toothless hillbillies, and rampant morbid obesity.

So, yeah...pretty much the same thing.

Minnesota is known for cold and funny accents, and Wisconsin is known for cold and funny accents and cheese.

Point #1 is valid. But being 1 concussion from being average? How profound. So is almost every team, especially those with the top QB's (NE, Indy, etc.) To Pittsburgh's credit they could probably make the play-offs without Big Ben, but they wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl.

That's not entirely true, Aaron Rodgers has a history of getting concussions. He won't as his career goes on. Brade and Manning seemed to have learned how to not take head shots or get hit as hard. They still get hurt (Brady's broken foot, and torn ACL/MCL) but they seem to know when to get rid of the ball, how to fall, when to take a sack, etc. Rodgers will learn that as his career progresses (Considering his former mentor never could teach him that)

IMO, the Patriots were the best team in the NFL in 2010-2011 though and it was not even close. Unfortunately, they laid a HUGE egg in the playoffs (still can't figure out how that happened) and didn't make it.

But as much as I hate GB and all things Wisconsin, I wouldn't count any of their success to luck. They did what was required of them to reach their desired goals. Can't really knock them for that. They played better than every team that was put in front of them in the playoffs.

Screw Wisconsin. I spent one semester going to school in Madison and it was the biggest waste of four months in my life. The whole state's a piece of sh-t. They may have good football teams but that's about it.

delusional

And yet here you are, trolling. I guess victory does little to alleviate your massive inferiority complex.

Wow, you are delusional. So, delusional it is entertaining. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe that is the reason that fans from other states come on "your" message board. It has nothing to do with feeling inferior. Why on God's green earth would they feel inferior? This is a message board pertaining to football. So please tell me why anyone from Wisconsin would have an inferiority complex? For the majority of the living humans on the planet we can't remember Minnesota football being anything but a losing program. We do remember watching the Badgers in four Rose Bowls and the Packers in 3 Super Bowls.
Like a previous poster pointed out, on a whole, the two states are very similar otherwise. I often see the arguement that Wisconsin citizens are jealous of the Twin Cities. Really? Why? I have no desire to visit anymore than I have to, let alone live there. I know the reason I come on this board. To be entertained by people who have convinced themselves that people from Wisconsin are jealous. If that was the case, why wouldn't they just leave the state and move to Minnesota. It isn't like there is some big wall between the two states.
The fact of the matter is I like most Minnesota sports fans, they are good people, just like the majority of Wisconsin fans. Every fanbase has fans that have seriously compromised views of the outside world, and their post are good for a laugh. That is what keeps me coming back. A good example is the guy who said he would be dissappointed if the Gophers don't win 8 games next year. Keep posting stuff like that and I will keep coming back.

Can you really make the case that there was a team better than the Packers this season? I'm all ears for that.

Considering the Packers we're only the third best team talent wise in the NFC north (slightly ahead of detroilet), yes, I can. The 2010 season was cursed for the elite of the NFC, letting cinderalla's like green bay squeek into the playoffs and then miraculously get into and win the superbowl.

I had a broken watch once, and it was right twice a day...

Wow, you are delusional. So, delusional it is entertaining. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe that is the reason that fans from other states come on "your" message board. It has nothing to do with feeling inferior. Why on God's green earth would they feel inferior? This is a message board pertaining to football. So please tell me why anyone from Wisconsin would have an inferiority complex? For the majority of the living humans on the planet we can't remember Minnesota football being anything but a losing program. We do remember watching the Badgers in four Rose Bowls and the Packers in 3 Super Bowls.
Like a previous poster pointed out, on a whole, the two states are very similar otherwise. I often see the arguement that Wisconsin citizens are jealous of the Twin Cities. Really? Why? I have no desire to visit anymore than I have to, let alone live there. I know the reason I come on this board. To be entertained by people who have convinced themselves that people from Wisconsin are jealous. If that was the case, why wouldn't they just leave the state and move to Minnesota. It isn't like there is some big wall between the two states.
The fact of the matter is I like most Minnesota sports fans, they are good people, just like the majority of Wisconsin fans. Every fanbase has fans that have seriously compromised views of the outside world, and their post are good for a laugh. That is what keeps me coming back. A good example is the guy who said he would be dissappointed if the Gophers don't win 8 games next year. Keep posting stuff like that and I will keep coming back.

Someone boot the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# outta this clown.

"Lucky" isn't the word I would choose. "Fortunate" is a better one. It's not like they rubbed a lucky rabbit's foot. They just have competent people running their programs.

Now, Minnesota on the other hand, we're different. We're cursed as *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

On Barreiro's show yesterday, it was reported via a source within the Wisconsin athletic department, that Bielema (following the game this year) greeted Brewster by saying "good luck coaching in DIII next year", which is what prompted the infamous handshake. Bielema may be competent, but I wouldn't want him coaching my team.

I know the reason I come on this board. To be entertained by people who have convinced themselves that people from Wisconsin are jealous.

That's why you come to a Minnesota football board? Really? OK.

You're a troll. Your team went to the freaking Rose Bowl and you're spending your time on a 3-9 rival's message board looking to bask in the schadenfreude because you're a sad person.

You, at the very least, have an inferiority complex. That I am sure of.

And by the way, don't forget about one thing:

6 > 0.

Wisconsin fans always confound me with the your-NC's-were-so-long-ago-it-doesn't-matter-argument, considering it's the same exact crux to the Packers-are-the-greatest-team-ever argument.

It's all good though, man. Your life is great in Wisconsin. So great that you're on a Minnesota message board bragging about it. You're right, I'm delusional.

On Barreiro's show yesterday, it was reported via a source within the Wisconsin athletic department, that Bielema (following the game this year) greeted Brewster by saying "good luck coaching in DIII next year", which is what prompted the infamous handshake. Bielema may be competent, but I wouldn't want him coaching my team.

What goes around comes around. brent one day (hopefully soon) will get his.

Top Bottom