Luckiest year ever for the state of wisconsin???

Reaction score
First the BADgers get to the Rose bowl...

sickens me to say the packers winning the super bowl...

whats next the wiscy bball team winning the final four? :eek:

stinks, but even the normal ones move here because they can't stand living there either. If you have ever been in Green Bay or Lambeau you wish you had those hours of your life back.
Pretty sad the existance of their living is determined by what a general manager assembles together.

Sickening

No fan base deserves that kind of buffet or big reward all in one year. I want to steal there leprechaun or at least kidnap that horse shoe they have up there butts for one year.

Happy to see the Packers win today. Congrats! I hate the Steelers.

that's the thing I hate the Steelers also but we don't have to live among them. Still mad the Steelers stole a ring from of us due to the roids they were taking in the 70's.

Lucky? Not the Packers. 15 guys on IR and lose their best CB at halftime of the Super Bowl along with the nickelback and #2 WR. This team had very little luck and a lot of hard work, etc. Hell of a season by them.

Same for Wisconsin....they kicked the Big Ten around and earned their way.

Tonight the state of Wisconsin is celebrating by making love to dead deer everywhere.

Lucky? Not the Packers. 15 guys on IR and lose their best CB at halftime of the Super Bowl along with the nickelback and #2 WR. This team had very little luck and a lot of hard work, etc. Hell of a season by them.

Maybe not lucky, but fortunate. Kind of like a hockey team riding a hot goaltender, Rodgers was perfect when they needed him most. Green Bay was beat up, but they got some breaks, including getting to play a very mediocre Bears team to get to the Super Bowl. Reminds me a lot of the 2008 Giants. They weren't the best team in football that year, but they made plays when they needed to and came away with the hardware.

Very pissed to see the Packers win today. It's pretty gross that a team made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth at 10-6 is now Super Bowl Champs. As much as I hate everything associated with Wisconsin, it is a huge accomplishment to win the Super Bowl with guys like Barnett and Finley (among many others) on IR.

Maybe not lucky, but fortunate. Kind of like a hockey team riding a hot goaltender, Rodgers was perfect when they needed him most. Green Bay was beat up, but they got some breaks, including getting to play a very mediocre Bears team to get to the Super Bowl. Reminds me a lot of the 2008 Giants. They weren't the best team in football that year, but they made plays when they needed to and came away with the hardware.

Can you really make the case that there was a team better than the Packers this season? I'm all ears for that.

Can you really make the case that there was a team better than the Packers this season? I'm all ears for that.

I hate the Packers but I think they were the best (or one of the best) teams in the NFL this year, especially this time of year.

It's nuts how much parity there is in the NFL though. I mean, the Packers only luck (IMO) was getting into the playoffs. If the Giants had held on against Philly or if the Lions hadn't pulled out that improbable win at Tampa, Green Bay doesn't make the playoffs, and I am saying this in full belief that they are better than the Giants or Bucs. It's just kind of funny how close they were to not being in the playoffs.

Oh well, I can't stand the Packers but they were good.

Also, Ron Johnson, Scott Walker, Sean Duffy #justsayin

Does this mean that Minnesota has had the unluckiest three decades in football history with the Vikings and the Gophers? Luck has nothing to do with it.

The Badgers and Packers have better organizations, better coaches and better players. Let's just focus on coaches. Was it unlucky that Minnesota teams were led by Brad Childress and Tim Brewster going into the 2010 football seasons?

I've been a Gopher fan for fifty years. Growing up in Northern Minnesota, I was a Green Bay fan until I was ten years old and the Vikings came to Minnesota. Big mistake. I cheered for the Vikings until Max Winter was replaced by a series of greedy and cynical owners. Yesterday I rooted for Pittsburg to no avail. I knew what a Packer win would do the fragile pysches of Vikings' fans. But I wouldn't call what Green Bay did yesterday "luck."

As for the Badgers, they were good, but also very lucky because they got to the Rose Bowl on a technicality. A fluke of the schedule prevented Michigan State from having a chance to go. In any case, that most likely won't happen again.

As for the Badgers, they were good, but also very lucky because they got to the Rose Bowl on a technicality. A fluke of the schedule prevented Michigan State from having a chance to go. In any case, that most likely won't happen again.

MSU lost by 30 to a team that lost to Minnesota. Again, UW wasn't "lucky" that the BCS (comprised of mostly computers) valued them higher. It wasn't a "technicality" that placed UW in the Rose Bowl. It was an overall value of all three Big Ten team's performances.

I see Highwayman ("Long suffering but not for long") has gone the way of Rip Van Winkle. Apparently he's fallen asleep. That's a good way to avoid the reality that the Badgers and the Packers haven't just been "luckier" than the Gophers and the Vikings over the last three decades.

Highwayman also illustrates another advantage for the Badgers and the Packers. Their fan bases are stronger--witness the thousands of Vikings season ticketholders who sell their seats to Packer fans each year for the annual game in Minnesota. More Badger fans travel to Minneapolis in one year to follow Wisconsin than all the Gopher fans who've ever gone to a Minnesota bowl game. Highwayman appears to be a typical Minnesota fan.

The Packers had good team chemistry and it worked.

But kicked the Big Ten around... do you not remember the Michigan State game. Wisconsin closed very strong, but I remember a much different Michigan State game where they kicked you around.

The Packers had good team chemistry and it worked.

But kicked the Big Ten around... do you not remember the Michigan State game. Wisconsin closed very strong, but I remember a much different Michigan State game where they kicked you around.

I also recall two different games where missed extra points by the opposition led directly to one point Badger victories. Don't get me wrong, at the end of the year the Badgers were probably the best Big Ten team. But they definitely had some luck on their side to get into that position.

Worst Super Bowl Ever

+1,000,000 to Gopher Gold's comment.

Edit: thanks for the spell check. I always screw that up.

Why do people think that "Super Bowl" is one word?

Not just picking on you, but an inordinate amount of people do this. It's strange. I've never once noticed anyone type "Worldseries", "NBAfinals", "Marchmadness", or "Stanleycup".

I took it as meaning the Wisconsin fans are lucky to have two football teams have such great seasons in the same year. Not necessarily that the two teams themselves were lucky. That's how I read it at least. And I agree.

They should appreciate it as going to the Rose Bowl and Super Bowl in the same year may never happen again. It's been forever since a Minnesota team has gone to either one, so it's just painful to see our rival state experience both in one year.

Why do people think that "Super Bowl" is one word?

Not just picking on you, but an inordinate amount of people do this. It's strange. I've never once noticed anyone type "Worldseries", "NBAfinals", "Marchmadness", or "Stanleycup".

Commas go inside quotation marks.

Today is a good day to be a Wisconsin football fan. :)

Commas go inside quotation marks.

In American usage. American English is well-known for inventing its own rules that deviate from standard British English. I read a great deal of British works during my collegiate career, and they don't include punctuation within quotes unless the original quote did as well. I much prefer it that way, and have used this style ever since. It's not accurate to say one or the other is "better" or "more correct", just different.

Not better, just different--kind of like the difference between Super Bowl and Superbowl.

In American usage. American English is well-known for inventing its own rules that deviate from standard British English. I read a great deal of British works during my collegiate career, and they don't include punctuation within quotes unless the original quote did as well. I much prefer it that way, and have used this style ever since. It's not accurate to say one or the other is "better" or "more correct", just different.

I've always done it with the commas outside of the quotes as well. I figure, the word itself doesn't include a comma does it? So why would I put the commas within the quote haha? And also, I've literally been taught both ways in school from one year to the next, so that tells me there is no standard in that regard.

Not better, just different--kind of like the difference between Super Bowl and Superbowl.

Except for the fact that nowhere on planet Earth is "Superbowl" used as an acceptable alternative for the NFL's championship game.

Except for the fact that nowhere on planet Earth is "Superbowl" used as an acceptable alternative for the NFL's championship game.
DING DING DING

By correctly pointing out that "Super Bowl" is INDEED two words, you have not only won an argument on the internet, but have saved the English language from certain destruction!!

Way to go, champ!!

As an added bonus, YOU WIN A PRIZE!!!!!

The prize is: a delicious can of Campbell's *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# YOU!!!

DING DING DING

By correctly pointing out that "Super Bowl" is INDEED two words, you have not only won an argument on the internet, but have saved the English language from certain destruction!!

Way to go, champ!!

As an added bonus, YOU WIN A PRIZE!!!!!

The prize is: a delicious can of Campbell's *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# YOU!!!

I would expect no less from someone with Wisconsin in their screen name.

Top Bottom