Local Recruiting

Moorhead, Winona, and Bemidji are not needed, as public 4-year schools.

They should be given the option to convert to junior/tech schools, go private, or close.

Bemidji would probably be the hardest, as they have the investment in DI hockey arena which is pretty nice.
thank god your not in leadership to make these decisions

I'm not sure what reciprocity deals are in place now with neighboring states but in theory, for surrounding states, that should balance out. I can't imagine those schools are seeing many students from outside the five state region.

As for private schools, that's another matter entirely. Most are WAY overpriced. You will never convince me that with the possible exception of Carleton and maybe some specialized programs, that you are going to get a better education, much less ROI, attending an MIAC school over a state university.
Networks are far better with the privates from what I’ve witnessed. They give their students a leg up coming out of school

Networks are far better with the privates from what I’ve witnessed. They give their students a leg up coming out of school
I think that's probably true for some schools and some professions but say you went to Mac and wanted to be a teacher - that wouldn't matter. Granted my experience with Mac (one of my good friends from high school went there) is that for all its cost and so-called prestige, it was a fall back school for a lot of east coast burnouts who couldn't get into a fancy eastern school.

Depends on the field. And lots of fields these days people will end up going to grad school. Then the grad school matters more.

St. Thomas goes 7-3 (6-2) in its first season at the D1 level. Will be interesting to see if this has any affect on local recruiting. Biggest impact might be that is hurts some of the TOP MIAC/D2 programs in state more than the Gophers PWO program.

We have some really good football locally and much of the talent is late blooming and fresh when they come out of HS.

Part of why I'd like to see Campbell move on from ISU is to knock them down a bit in recruiting the area IMO.
PP has very nice article on Hope Adebayo, St Thomas freshman RB, Gophers should look at his brother Love, a sophomore at St Thomas Academy.

I believe Love Adebayo is a junior, and he is the real deal. I have never seen a HS back who was harder to tackle. STA's sophomore RB, Savion Hart, is also really good.

Top Bottom