Local media appears unanimous: Brewster must go!

The media is treating Brewster exactly the way they treated Jim Wacker after he had been here a few years. The local media doesn't take kindly to people who can talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

I do not get why some people believe Brewster is above any criticism that he is receiving. His offense is horrible and is getting worse each year. He has shuffled coordinators and schemes around so the team looks more and more confused on offense. This makes it look like he does not have a plan and he does not know what he is doing. After three years we still do not know if he can coach.

One thing that drives the media crazy is Brewster talks a lot of smack and does not back it up. It is one thing to be positive, but he should try to be a little more realistic because people aren't buying it anymore. I have said and continue to say you have to give the guy another year, but if Maturi found a home run hire, I would pull the trigger right now. If you give him another year, I am almost positive things will be a little clearer on what we need to do. I don't think he needs to win "x" amount of games, I just need to see a significant improvement especially on offense to make me believe he is the right guy for the job.

Mostly because nobody knows if Brewster can back it up or not, nobody. Until the cooking is done, don't write your critique about the food. Until his biggest strength (recruiting) is developed and carrying the team, until the heart of his team are these better recruits don't pretend you know the impact of Brewsters abilities. Nobody knows, anybody who pretends they do is either an outright liar or a fool.

Top Bottom