Limegrover - year 5 and here we are....

Limey is a genius, he went to Northwestern and stuff...his offense is perfect for this team and you just need to stop questioning him.

Brick by brick. It's been well documented that it's being built defense first. Gotta get better talent on offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brick by brick. It's been well documented that it's being built defense first. Gotta get better talent on offense.

Maybe you could use that 2 years ago, no excuse in 2015.

We keep hearing how good our OL recruits are and the work they do in strength and conditioning. Yet they are never as good as advertised......Nothing drafted or signed.

We don't get playmakers.

Time to question Limey at this point

Some talent is there, they are just really young

We need a home run on a QB recruit if we want to move up in getting better offensive players. So far it's our Achilles heal.

Year 5 and I haven't shot myself in the face.

Northern Illinois had a good offense with the same coaches and system - so what has changed?
Maybe it's just a little more difficult to recruit quality skill people to a program that hasn't won a conf title in almost 50 years.

Pitch fork nation is gonna get me for saying, but... Perhaps look at Mason for O-Coordinator.

Although I'm not saying it's all Limeys fault, I know Kill is Nickle and diming his play calling. Even with Leidner, we can move the ball, it's all about playing to our strengths and using our skill payers available. But this staff is too proud and stubborn, they need to let the coordinators call their game.

Is that bubble screen to woli the replacement for the jet sweep to maye? Because, ya know.. there jet sweep NEVER worked. Ever. Terrible play, only got us 10-15 yds a pop..

My biggest concern moving forward is that we need a set backup plan for when Leidner performs like he did in the first half. I've been a huge Leidner supporter, but it's obvious now that Leidner is one of the most up-and-down QBs we've had, and his downs can be atrocious. Streveler is not and will never be an adequate second option, and currently, every time he goes in the game, everyone in the stadium knows he's going to run. Get Perra or even Croft (preferably Croft for redshirt reasons) ready to step in at any time so that we can have a backup plan that can at least give us a shot of jump-starting the offense.

A big time QB recruit would help, but do you guys actually think Limegrover would change his playcalling? Last year, we had no such thing as a 2 minute offense... Even when we were behind, we just ran the same thing over and over. They "implemented" a more hurry up offense this year finally... in the 5th year. I don't know if it's Kill or Limegrover that is holding us back, but it's definitely on the Coaches. They are too afraid to make a mistake on Offense. Simple example... Streveler last year, you put him in to start and put a leash on him... Other Coaches aren't afraid to make mistakes like our Coaches. You don't see Ohio State putting a leash on Cordale when he had to start for the first time. (bad example because of the talent gap between Streveler and Cordale) but same point... Can't hold back the team like that!

My biggest concern moving forward is that we need a set backup plan for when Leidner performs like he did in the first half. I've been a huge Leidner supporter, but it's obvious now that Leidner is one of the most up-and-down QBs we've had, and his downs can be atrocious. Streveler is not and will never be an adequate second option, and currently, every time he goes in the game, everyone in the stadium knows he's going to run. Get Perra or even Croft (preferably Croft for redshirt reasons) ready to step in at any time so that we can have a backup plan that can at least give us a shot of jump-starting the offense.

The whole offense is up and down. Leidner had a career high in passing attempts. The run game was good and bad. WR dropped passes. Then in the end Leidner throws a great pass and the teams pounds the ball in OT. Hope we can get OL some rhythm and confidence next week.

What ever happened to the Limegrover's holding back its non-conference season?

Ok so i have questions?

1) should a OC call plays that his talent can preform? if so Limegrover fails almost every game
2) Should there be a game plan and flow to the game so that it will keep defenses off guard? Another fail
3) Should we continue to run plays that do not work? it appears we will run them into the ground
4) Can we please either get a new OC or a New OL coach? the one we have at both positions cannot possibly do well at both

there is no words in our language that i can tell you for the lousy preparation for this game.

I'll ask another question:

Why does this team always start so slowly? They seem to come out flat in most every game. Something is missing somewhere.

I'll ask another question:

Why does this team always start so slowly? They seem to come out flat in most every game. Something is missing somewhere.

The gulf between DC and OC is just so wide right now. This is especially apparent in games where Limegrover has a long period of time to prepare (Bowl Games, TCU). I'll never understand how the playbook isn't emptied against a #2 ranked TCU.

There are multiple problems with the offense, Limegrover is among them, he has become much too predictable in his play calling. Pounding the rock only works when your QB can make the opposing team pay for loading the box with defenders, that's not something Leidner can do. When they mix in the uptempo approach Leidner tends to play much better, as does the rest of the offense. IMO, Limegrover really needs to start taking a more aggressive approach.

Is that bubble screen to woli the replacement for the jet sweep to maye? Because, ya know.. there jet sweep NEVER worked. Ever. Terrible play, only got us 10-15 yds a pop..

My guess is there are things some teams do/don't do on defense that make the jet sweep more successful. Either way, we should be running it a few times every game just to show it and make teams prepare for it.

Top Bottom