Lemonte Edwards kicked off team for stealing IPhone

Completely agree though that it probably wasn't a great move putting Edwards out there without some serious prior work. That wasn't very well thought out.

I certainly understand your point. My only comment is that if Edwards would have returned it for a touchdown people would now being saying what a brilliant move that was.:rolleyes:

Ac-count-a-bil-i-ty.

Kill walking the talk. Classroom, on-the-field, off-the-field . . . it ALL matters.

Probably didn't help Edwards that he didn't "come correct" when first confronted. Being a liar and a thief is not a recipe for keeping your schollie. Wouldn't be tolerated in a work enviroment, and as such - a tough life lesson for the young lad, and the rest of the team.

I like this comment. Kill is walking the talk. Tough decisions are made firm, fair, and swift. It also think it is too bad for the student athlete for about 2 seconds and then think we all have choices. He will learn from this I bet, so did the whole team though when they saw how it was handled.

I like this comment. Kill is walking the talk. Tough decisions are made firm, fair, and swift. It also think it is too bad for the student athlete for about 2 seconds and then think we all have choices. He will learn from this I bet, so did the whole team though when they saw how it was handled.

Yep.

I felt bad for Edwards for about 2 seconds as well. It's hard to see someone with such a golden opportunity destroy it, especially when they are young and immature. That said, I agree with you. Great opportunities often demand a higher degree of accountability, so Kill had no choice. As for Edwards, he'll still have a good opportunity elsewhere. I'm sure he can find a FCS school or D2 (possibly even mid-major) that will still pay for his schooling and let him fix his life.

Beyond stupid to steal the Iphone

Yep.

I felt bad for Edwards for about 2 seconds as well. It's hard to see someone with such a golden opportunity destroy it, especially when they are young and immature. That said, I agree with you. Great opportunities often demand a higher degree of accountability, so Kill had no choice. As for Edwards, he'll still have a good opportunity elsewhere. I'm sure he can find a FCS school or D2 (possibly even mid-major) that will still pay for his schooling and let him fix his life.

I agree with Bob,
Especially since you can pick them up cheap Iphones used and at resellers. I was dissapointed Edwards did this and got kicked out of the pogram,
then realized he is a total dingus for stealing from what would be a teamate in the weight room of another student athlete.
We don't need him if he wasn't willing to fess up to this mistake.

I will remember him for fumbling the opening kick against Northwestern last year and then we were down 7 before everyone was in their seats.

I am sure he had plenty of chances to field a kickoff during practice, there is no way a D1 coaching staff sends a guy out there without seeing him field one in practice. No excuse for not catching that, it wasn't like he was being called off by the other deep guy.

Your point about games and practice being very different is of course true and while it would have been nice to have given him some game reps prior to tossing him out there on Homecoming I am sure he did get plenty of reps in practice and the coaches felt he was ready to handle the responsibility...Bottom line even without game experience returning kickoffs Edwards should have been fine but he just blew it.

Completely agree though that it probably wasn't a great move putting Edwards out there without some serious prior work. That wasn't very well thought out.

I'm confused. When is a player supposed to return a KO for the first time? I would think that would be in a game. When does a player return kicks before his first game at KOR? That would be in practice.

Homecoming shmomcoming. Don't think that crossed his mind. If the coaches didn't think he was ready, he wouldn't have been out there. He'd had maybe 100 returns in practice. It's only a little different in games. Punting in a game is far, far different. Apples and oranges.

Edwards fumbled because he fumbled. End of insight.

Now that I'm going to be a father, I think I can offer some unique insight into the Lamonte Edwards situation.

You can be sure that as I raise my child, he or she will learn right from wrong. Clearly some father failed his son in this situation. I wish I could be there to offer fatherly advice to all the boys the team who may have had a tough childhood or who may not have had a strong male role-model growing up. I think I'll email Coach Kill and offer my services, from one dad to another. I can get a little practice this season, before my little one arrives. I sure would hate to fumble my first kickoff.

:cool02::cool02:

Now that I'm going to be a father, I think I can offer some unique insight into the Lamonte Edwards situation.

You can be sure that as I raise my child, he or she will learn right from wrong. Clearly some father failed his son in this situation. I wish I could be there to offer fatherly advice to all the boys the team who may have had a tough childhood or who may not have had a strong male role-model growing up. I think I'll email Coach Kill and offer my services, from one dad to another. I can get a little practice this season, before my little one arrives. I sure would hate to fumble my first kickoff.

You're coming on waaaay too strong with this bit.

You're coming on waaaay too strong with this bit.

Tipsy is excited, and excitement can sometimes create situations above and beyond our control. Like what happened when Tipsy knocked up his woman.

Top Bottom