Leidner Out Vs. MD

In fall practice that was open to the public Croft would make a great throw and then he would throw into double coverage. He did do well when pressured in escaping the pocket. On one play he went about 40 yards before he got touched ( no tackling of the QB ) He is sneaky fast. From what I saw Rhoda seemed more comfortable and in control. In the 7 on 7 segments the one practice I saw he actually did better than Mitch. Still, this was practice, so who knows?

In fall practice that was open to the public Croft would make a great throw and then he would throw into double coverage. He did do well when pressured in escaping the pocket. On one play he went about 40 yards before he got touched ( no tackling of the QB ) He is sneaky fast. From what I saw Rhoda seemed more comfortable and in control. In the 7 on 7 segments the one practice I saw he actually did better than Mitch. Still, this was practice, so who knows?

Last part is the key, especially at the QB position. It is one thing to look good in a relatively low pressure practice situation where you have no crowd noise to contend with and zero fear of getting hit. Very different in the game when you are going up against an unfamiliar defense that is trying to take your head off. Hopefully the running game and defense can do well tomorrow to take a lot of the pressure off of Rhoda initially. If we can avoid a lot of 3rd and long situations where he has to make a play with his arm that will be huge.

No matter what happens, good or bad, I think there are going to be some really interesting discussions on here during and after the game.

Can anyone confirm whether or not Leidner is making the trip east?

Just saw this thread and don't have time to read it all. can someone tell my the cliff-notes version?

Just saw this thread and don't have time to read it all. can someone tell my the cliff-notes version?

Cliff notes version: Leidner has a concussion. Rhoda is playing today. That's it.

I just watched the entire 4th quarter and never once did the announcers mention that Leidner looked out of the ordinary. I never saw anything from Leidner that looked like he was concussed and he was right in the middle of his coaches many times. To compare this to the Michigan game a couple years ago is ludicrous. I have said many times that watching Leidner play is only possible with alcohol present, but I sure hope he feels better soon, wouldn't wish this on anyone Carry on!

And yet it was so very clear that he was significantly worse against Iowa, particularly late in the game, than his usual mediocrity.

Typically you start a new thread in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but someone else has time to write a synopsis for you- get over yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought he played okay. Surprised that amount of conservatism worked with any quarterback. Not sure if Maryland is any good.

I thought he played okay. Surprised that amount of conservatism worked with any quarterback. Not sure if Maryland is any good.

4 turnovers vs no turnovers was the main difference between the two teams.

Top Bottom