Leidner Injured?

Hopefully Mitch's injury is not that serious. MCLs can be lingering and definitely limit mobility. I have confidence if Streveler needs to step in for a while. It will be incumbent on the coaching staff to adjust the offensive game plan, no matter who the QB is. We need more high percentage pass plays. Mix in a screen once in a while (especially with Berkley), we need him to get him some space in the open field, that is where his speed will kill. Utilize our tight ends more, that will open things up down field and help our already potent running game.

Different people react differently to injuries but I think this is relatively good news as it isn't a tear or sprain and I would think Leidner should be ready for TCU.

Fuller is using terms incorrectly, the MCL is sprained- strains refer to muscular injuries. As far as the potential and extent of it being torn, they'll learn that from the MRI. If its a grade 2 sprain- partial tear. Grade 3- complete tear. Let's hope for grade 1- no or trivial tear.

I suspect just grade 1 if they were comsidering putting him back in with the brace. As someone who has suffered this particular injury it causes some considerable pain for several days that will linger but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at TCU. Big game and he's a tough SOB.

I had a grade 2 before. It was no fun at all. The only thing that would quell the pain was a cortisone injection.

If he has a grade 1, presumably he may be able to play but at a risk for further injury.

Streveler will not be worse at passing. He might actually get the ball within 5 yards of his receivers

I suspect just grade 1 if they were comsidering putting him back in with the brace. As someone who has suffered this particular injury it causes some considerable pain for several days that will linger but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at TCU. Big game and he's a tough SOB.

I hope you are right. Most of us on this board realize ML7 has looked bad. However, few seem to realize he is our best option for a 2014 season that doesn't look as daunting as it once did.

Streveler will not be worse at passing. He might actually get the ball within 5 yards of his receivers

Sure. Too bad the QB position involves more than standing and throwing passes.

You have no way of proving whether that is true or not.

Mitch just needs to be more consistent, it's not like all of his passes are bad.

I'm not happy with Leidner, but if he can't play on Saturday, we won't win at TCU and it won't be close. Cross your fingers that he is ready to go on Saturday.

This.

You have no way of proving whether that is true or not.

Mitch just needs to be more consistent, it's not like all of his passes are bad.
That TV pass to Maxx was as good of ball as you can throw. You're right about the consistency.

KSTP reporting that Mitch has a strained MCL

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leidner gonna sit til he is hundred percent. Trouble is he never gets to hundred percent.

He's fine. He tweaked it and could have come back Saturday and he should play next week.

He's fine. He tweaked it and could have come back Saturday and he should play next week.

Kind of what my thinking is as well, but Kill is going to milk this all week to keep his buddy Patterson guessing a little.

Streveler gets all first team snaps this week...

Kind of what my thinking is as well, but Kill is going to milk this all week to keep his buddy Patterson guessing a little.

Patterson is going to stack the box either way.

We are already going into our third game and have only scored 77 points total. Let me add that the days are getting shorter and winter is just around the corner.

We will beat TCU. Our QB situation is adequate to get that done even though perfection is another minute or two away. We will beat Michigan this year even of Maxx and Donovahn share the QB position.

Patterson is going to stack the box either way.

Exactly. What does TCU care if it is ML7 or CS5 is behind center? One is a big strong guy who can run some, but apparently can't pass very well. The other, well.........

Thinking out loud, but everyone says how fast Streveler is. If Strev does have to play Saturday, I could see the Gophs going with essentially an option attack. Hump it up and pound away against the smaller TCU D-line. Get Strev and Cobb or Edwards out on the edge with a run-pitch option. Get the defense to suck in, then try to hit the play-action pass to a TE or even (gasp, what a thought) a WR.

I could see the Gophs winning a game like that by 17-14 or 14-10 - something like that. Play it close to the vest and hope to squeak one out. After all - if Strev plays, TCU is going to read Gopher Hole and find out he can't throw, so they won't be expecting it.

Thinking out loud, but everyone says how fast Streveler is. If Strev does have to play Saturday, I could see the Gophs going with essentially an option attack. Hump it up and pound away against the smaller TCU D-line. Get Strev and Cobb or Edwards out on the edge with a run-pitch option. Get the defense to suck in, then try to hit the play-action pass to a TE or even (gasp, what a thought) a WR.

I could see the Gophs winning a game like that by 17-14 or 14-10 - something like that. Play it close to the vest and hope to squeak one out. After all - if Strev plays, TCU is going to read Gopher Hole and find out he can't throw, so they won't be expecting it.

Yeah, that will probably be the plan if Leidner can't go. Plenty of read option and a super-conservative game plan.

The notion that TCU's D-Line is undersized is false though. Their starting DT's are 305 lbs each. Their DE's are 250. Historically TCU has had a very good run D. With or without Leidner I see points being difficult to come by on Saturday.

We are already going into our third game and have only scored 77 points total. Let me add that the days are getting shorter and winter is just around the corner.

We will beat TCU. Our QB situation is adequate to get that done even though perfection is another minute or two away. We will beat Michigan this year even of Maxx and Donovahn share the QB position.

There.are many teams in the Big 10 wishing they had 77 pts

Having trouble with being consistent is no different than having trouble with accuracy. Any QB will be accurate some of the time. Leidner or Strev, don't see much difference to be honest. Either can beat TCU.

If its Strev, I would like the I. The ability to run triple option is there, misdirection is there, the fake to Cobb and a reverse roll is open to throw to Max. That should be enough.

If its Strev, I would like the I. The ability to run triple option is there, misdirection is there, the fake to Cobb and a reverse roll is open to throw to Max. That should be enough.

All... day... long!!!

Sid said "out 1 - 6 weeks." There you have it.

I hope you are right. Most of us on this board realize ML7 has looked bad. However, few seem to realize he is our best option for a 2014 season that doesn't look as daunting as it once did.

With a qb injury early in the season and you are saying that the Gophers have a better chance at success? I know this is GH. I could certainly use a shot of that drink of yours.

KSTP reporting that Mitch has a strained MCL

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Its probably sprained. IIRC its ligaments get sprained and muscles get strained. No biggie, I hope that he's back soon.

Top Bottom