Last-second switch?

WillieBurton

Reaction score
Is Michael Carter (Tyrone's cousin and a 4-star cornerback) really going to end up signing with us on Wednesday? The word on the street is that he has already made up his mind and is going to switch from West Virginia to us at the last second. That would really round out what is already an excellent class!

Where did this info come from? That would be a sweet steal! Not holding my breath until I hear confirmation from reliable sources.

i would love that but i dont see it happening either. was worried about his size before the AA game but it didnt seem to get in his way when he was going up against the best in that game.

Is Michael Carter (Tyrone's cousin and a 4-star cornerback) really going to end up signing with us on Wednesday? The word on the street is that he has already made up his mind and is going to switch from West Virginia to us at the last second. That would really round out what is already an excellent class!

I've heard a similar rumor...let's just keep our fingers crossed!

By the way, I would love if this happened. I also think it will be funny watching how quickly the people who slammed Carter after his commitment to W.V. change their opinions.

Right now, given the 11th hour, I would like something a little more substantial then a rumor.

Right now, given the 11th hour, I would like something a little more substantial then a rumor.

Despite a couple requests for the source of the rumors, no one has stepped up. C'mon -- where are you hearing that Carter is switching to the Gophers?

I hope this rumor is true.
Great name "Willie Burton" one of my all time favorite Gophers.

Let's go Michael Carter become a Gopher!

Despite a couple requests for the source of the rumors, no one has stepped up. C'mon -- where are you hearing that Carter is switching to the Gophers?

That's why it's a "rumor." If there was a citable source or confirmation, it would be a fact and not just the word on the street!

We're just wondering what street you're on and who is walking/talking on the sidewalk. :D

That's why it's a "rumor." If there was a citable source or confirmation, it would be a fact and not just the word on the street!

I think we all understand the definition of the word "rumor". What's being asked is where are you hearing it? We all don't live on the same "street".

i think people started this rumor because sid had said coach lee was in florida trying to get players to make a switch to minnesota. brew was also talking how he thinks he could get a couple of kids to switch over. not sure about all this but i think people are hoping this is what they were talking about. i really do hope we can land him though but not going to get my hopes up

Really, at this point I'm just hoping to keep what we've got. I check the list daily with my fingers crossed hoping I don't see a 17 at the top of the list.

I know Brews great at this and all, but it feels to me like a great job might be to keep what we've got. Imagine the fodder the other schools have against us right now. It's all meaningless, but still sometimes doubtful minds will take stability when pressed. And I think they're under just a tad bit of pressure right now.

I have never spent a penny for a rumor....so to me rumors are worth what we pay for them..... Nothing, Nada, Zilch, Zippo, El-Zero. Wednesday will tell the true story.

How does a person get people to change at the last moment?

Carter isnt switching

Why would he hold out to the all-american game to announce West Virginia only to switch last second to Minnesota??? Doesnt add up to me.

That is a tough switch isn't it. Going back on something you did on national TV. It is tough to imagine that happening. I'm all for it if it does happen, but seems unlikely.

If the kid changes his mind, it doesn't matter what happened previously. Who's going to give him shit for changing his mind, just becasuse he went live w/his decision? His boys? NO! family ? NO! teammates? NO!

Let's just say there is more than smoke coming out of FL right now, hopefully it will all work out in MN's favor.

I looked at the WVU scout message board. Somone on here posted the link to this rumor on their page and there some on there that think this might be true. Of course, there are others that only think this is a wild rumor also. It will be interesting come the 5th though.

The Gophers had 3 players get a Super Bowl victory today. How many did WVU have?????????

Yeah, TC could say something like that! Although, they did have one on the practice squad. Does that count?

brewscrew - what do you mean more than smoke there? what have you heard?

Exactly!

I have never spent a penny for a rumor....so to me rumors are worth what we pay for them..... Nothing, Nada, Zilch, Zippo, El-Zero. Wednesday will tell the true story.

Great perspective, Dr. Don. That's what a message board is for, to speculate, talk about what we've heard, and share opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. If it was posted as an article, or from GH Staff, then there would be sources and it would be solid.

It's the advantages and disadvantages of reading message boards - typically, we're the 1st to find out things, but on the flip side, there are some things that don't pan out.

Good thing we only have to wait a few days to find out!

Top Bottom