Ky Thomas enters portal

I'd rather have just Irving/Thomas/Lecaptain than 1 year of Mo off major injury and Potts questionable if he'll ever play
I have to think Thomas discussed his future at UM with the coaches and was told something he didn't like. Surprised none of the RBs could be used as receivers.

I have to think Thomas discussed his future at UM with the coaches and was told something he didn't like. Surprised none of the RBs could be used as receivers.

for 2021: catches by RB's

Ky -- 6 rec - 44 yds - 7.3 avg
Bucky -- 8 rec - 73 yds - 9.1 avg
Potts -- 2 rec - 14 yds - 7.0 avg
Bryce -- 1 rec - 19 yds - 19.0 avg
LeCaptain -- 1 rec - 11 yds -- 11.0 avg

No RB's caught a TD pass this season.

Out of 152 completed passes, 18 went to RB's. - 11.8%

I assume you agree that KT would not leave if he thought he would retain being the starting RB, and that we all think Mo will be the starter.

Do you think KT would leave simply because he would have to drop down to #2 for one year?

That could be the truth. I have no inside knowledge. But seems more of stretch to me.
Neither Ky nor Fleck know on January 3 who will be the starting back in September. Too much healing and practice time left to be known. Ky is making a calculated gamble. It probably has more to do with what he knows about Potts' condition than Mo's.

Understandable but a bummer indeed. Although I love Bucky, Ky was a nice combo of size, power and shiftiness. I feel like the sky's the limit for him. He would have benefitted from continuing to learn from Mo, who is an uncannily savvy runner and who sees holes before they happen.

3rd, behind Mo and Potts.

If not, why would he transfer? Do you think being #2 to Mo is enough to do it?
He would stay if he thought he would start out No 2 behind Mo who probably won't handle a heavy load. But if he thinks Potts will be full go, that changes is calculation.

He would stay if he thought he would start out No 2 behind Mo who probably won't handle a heavy load. But if he thinks Potts will be full go, that changes is calculation.
That’s my wild guess. But who knows

So we're essentially trading one year of having Mo back for at least two, perhaps 3, of having Ky.

So now we are going to just assume that Mo and Tanner are guaranteed starting spots with no chance for competition? :)
Tanner unofficially (his job to lose) and Mo 100% if he is full speed. Fleck has no problem saying something like that because everyone knows it's true.

So now we are going to just assume that Mo and Tanner are guaranteed starting spots with no chance for competition? :)
You and btown win the Gullibility Award. You guys literally believe every word from Fleck, don't you? 😂

85%? Don't think we all agree. Maybe 95%.
Ok. This seems like a pretty semantic based argument, but sure.

If Mo is more or less back to where he was before injury and he stays healthy, I agree with the other poster, he will get 200+ carries.

I don't really know (or care) if that is 85% 88.3% 90% I don't even know how you'd calculate it.

So I'll just say that I agree with the other poster, if Mo is essentially the same RB he was before the Achilles injury, he'll get a lot of touches.

You and btown win the Gullibility Award. You guys literally believe every word from Fleck, don't you? 😂
It's not really about agreeing with him. I just think most people on the planet will do what's best for them. Fleck makes a lot of money to win football games, so I trust that he will make choices that HE BELIEVES will help us win football games.

That doesn't mean that I'll always believe the same things that he believes. I just don't see a scenario where Fleck thinks "we'd win more games with Athan but I really like Tanner, so I'll just keep playing Tanner".

I assume you agree that KT would not leave if he thought he would retain being the starting RB, and that we all think Mo will be the starter.

Do you think KT would leave simply because he would have to drop down to #2 for one year?

That could be the truth. I have no inside knowledge. But seems more of stretch to me.
I have no idea what he was told. I'm awfully confident though that PJ would not rank his running backs 1 through 5 right now and tell each one that would determine their carries next year virtually days after the season ends. Again, the 3 older backs are coming off injuries. I hope Mo is the starter, because that would mean he is 100% recovered and ready to be a beast again. But there is no way of knowing for sure. Quite sure Mo isn't the starter because of PJ's loyalty. He's going to play the guy who does the best job.

Guessing Ky figured there were enough guys there who would potentially cut into his carries and he didn't want that. I'd guess PJ told him there were no guarantees and Ky figures he'll go some place where his playing time would be more guaranteed.

Ok. This seems like a pretty semantic based argument, but sure.

If Mo is more or less back to where he was before injury and he stays healthy, I agree with the other poster, he will get 200+ carries.

I don't really know (or care) if that is 85% 88.3% 90% I don't even know how you'd calculate it.

So I'll just say that I agree with the other poster, if Mo is essentially the same RB he was before the Achilles injury, he'll get a lot of touches.
You put 85% on the board. That's not near full go in athletics. A sprinter at 85% doesn't get in the blocks. Point is we have fully healthy backs who will play better than even Mo at less than full speed.

You put 85% on the board. That's not near full go in athletics. A sprinter at 85% doesn't get in the blocks. Point is we have fully healthy backs who will play better than even Mo at less than full speed.
I don't think I did. This is my post that you responded to.

1641251734865.png
I didn't want to be "that guy" that got bogged down "well, at 85% I disagree with you but at 92.4%, I agree with you". That sort of semantic-obsessed distinction doesn't really add anything to the conversation. His general point was that a (more or less) health Mo will get a lot of carries and I agreed with him.

A sprinter not getting into the blocks at 85% has absolutely nothing to do with football. I'd imagine most of the NFL is at about 85-90%. I'm sure Mo finished 2019 at about 85%.

First off, Ky is eligible to enter the draft after next year. Second, we don't know why he is transferring.
I think you're going to see more and more running backs go pro as early as possible. The NFL is starting to really value players with lower "mileage" and there is just such a small window for running backs to make money.

I'm guessing Ky goes somewhere next year where he thinks there won't be as much competition (maybe Iowa State with Hall graduating?) and then will go pro if he has a big year.

I think you're going to see more and more running backs go pro as early as possible. The NFL is starting to really value players with lower "mileage" and there is just such a small window for running backs to make money.

I'm guessing Ky goes somewhere next year where he thinks there won't be as much competition (maybe Iowa State with Hall graduating?) and then will go pro if he has a big year.
ISU would be interesting. Team up with Jirehl Brock, I remember when we lost out on that four star RB. He hasn't done much for ISU so far.

For example:

If Fleck says there is an open competition at every position you guys seem to think he really means it.
And you seem convinced he is lying because....why? I get that Morgan isn't the second coming of Tom Brady, but he's a proven winner. You might have noticed that ZA and Clark are still floating in the portal.

I don't think I did. This is my post that you responded to.

View attachment 16291
I didn't want to be "that guy" that got bogged down "well, at 85% I disagree with you but at 92.4%, I agree with you". That sort of semantic-obsessed distinction doesn't really add anything to the conversation. His general point was that a (more or less) health Mo will get a lot of carries and I agreed with him.

A sprinter not getting into the blocks at 85% has absolutely nothing to do with football. I'd imagine most of the NFL is at about 85-90%. I'm sure Mo finished 2019 at about 85%.
Funny stuff. Write a book explaining why you wrote 85-90% percent but didn't mean it because it's not really 92.4% .... or something. And sprinting is nothing like football because running backs swim. Ok, everyone agrees.

Funny stuff. Write a book explaining why you wrote 85-90% percent but didn't mean it because it's not really 92.4% .... or something. And sprinting is nothing like football because running backs swim. Ok, everyone agrees.
The funny thing is that you still can't read. Your semantic obsessed hot take is one thing, but read carefully, I DID NOT SAY 85-90%. I replied to someone who did. My post RESPONDED to the person who said 85-90%.

1641259269418.png
I'm the reply "Yeah, I think we all agree with that". I'm not super shocked that you confused three paragraphs with a book, but I had to write a book because sometimes you have to really slow things down for people missing the point. Again. . . I did not write the 85-90%. I did not correct him for writing the 85-90% because doing so was an idiotic argument (differentiating between meaningless numbers that would be impossible to calculate).

No, sprinting is nothing like football because they are two completely different sports. Just like I don't think playing QB is like the javelin because they both throw things. You're f'n doubling down on idiocy today.

Top Bottom