Ky Thomas enters portal

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Assuming we don't have a repeat of 2021 on the injury front we should be fine at RB but was really hoping both Ky and Bucky would stick around.

But it is the unfortunate reality of the current landscape in college football. Tough to fault the kid too much, just hope he ends up somewhere outside of the Big Ten.

MinnGopher

Reaction score
Dang that sucks, I was naively hopeful that we could hold on to everyone. Hopefully we can grab another solid recruit or transfer with that open scholly now.

upnorthkid

Reaction score
that's quite surprising to me to see him look elsewhere. Hoping that means Potts is solid/will be able to play? style would be most similar between them so would make sense

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
We are losing good players because there is not room for them. I guess that is a sign of progress.
Yeah if it was losing guys and … nobody there that would hurt.

PJ said this is the new normal and to expect it.

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
Not me. I really liked watching Ky run.
College football just isn’t what it used to be.
They were close for me and I was critical of Bucky's vision early in the year (and I think that's one thing that Ky excels at). But I think Bucky's athleticism in the long run will make him the better back (but probably not by a lot).

Is the silver lining here maybe some inside info that Trey will be back to normal next year???

sirloin1078

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see him land somewhere in the Big 12 since he's a Kansas kid. Someplace like Oklahoma St would make a lot of sense.

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
I'm surprised and that isn't great news. But I guess if I had to pick, I'd take Bucko over Ky. Ideally we'd have both though.
I would have KT as my second back behind MI. I think this is a mistake by Thomas, there will be plenty of opportunities to carry the ball next year even as a 2nd or 3rd option at that position. I just hope he moves out of the BIG.

Ope3

Reaction score
With this news, really glad and appreciate Thomas stuck with the Gophers through the Bowl game at least.

He did get to put another +100 yd game with a TD on film though, so that should help him out (doubt he needed it though).

WAGopher

Reaction score
I’m surprised. We don’t know if Mo and Trey are can make a complete recovery so there was a good chance Ky would be in the 1-2 mix.

I wish him the best and hope he finds what he’s looking for.

Some guy

Reaction score
They were close for me and I was critical of Bucky's vision early in the year (and I think that's one thing that Ky excels at). But I think Bucky's athleticism in the long run will make him the better back (but probably not by a lot).

Is the silver lining here maybe some inside info that Trey will be back to normal next year???
Irving is a better complementary back and Thomas is a better primary back. With the other 3, probably the conversation with Thomas was…you’re probably 4th if those guys are healthy.
Probably the conversation with Irving was…even if everyone is back there are still ways we can get you on the field

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
MO
Bucky
Trey
Bryce
Evans True Freshman
LeCaptain? if needed

Some guy

Reaction score
I would have KT as my second back behind MI. I think this is a mistake by Thomas, there will be plenty of opportunities to carry the ball next year even as a 2nd or 3rd option at that position. I just hope he moves out of the BIG.
If I am either of his hometown schools I am working hard to get him. He would make an instant impact at either (and both are pretty good coaches IMO)

I state putting together a big ten west all star team

Top Bottom