Kirk Herbstreit gets emotional on ESPN today (video)

Was it Barack’s beer summit that helped smooth over race relations? 🤷‍♂️ W? Probably underutilized.

I thought Kirk expressed his feelings very well and without playing a political card. I could care less what party he supports. Do people honestly think that if your part of one party that your smarter, kinder, more educated ,wealthier ! Both parties represent some good values and some poor values. Calling each other names is not productive. I would not vote for Trump but it is not as if he has not done anything well and i will not be calling pro Trump supporters racist or applying another label. The mainstream media is not doing what i would call journalism. The are all offering opinions .

????? WTF?

Discrimination is discrimination. Folks of all walks of life are discriminated against every day, everywhere; black, latino, asian, native american, short people, skinny people, fat people, ugly people, people with acne, people with body ink, people with or without glasses, et al. And yet repeatedly we are only pressured to make accommodations to one group for the most part.

They just seem to have a much better marketing department than all the others? That's all I can think of.

Or they were they the only ones who brought to this country in slave ships????

some people need to leave their liberal blinders at home. Get out of your little bubble and see Biden don’t stand a chance! There’s no world record Parades on the weekly for Biden, I’ve seen no stickers for Biden, no signs, nothing. When you see massive parades for Trump in die hard liberal Cali you know you done for

Biden is losing the black vote, Hispanic vote as they are finally waking up and seeing Democrats have done nothing for them.

the media and big tech are still making you believe Biden has a chance. Biden is mental issues and can’t even complete a sentence, is afraid to debate trump cause he knows he has nothing to stand on and would get destroyed.

some people need to leave their liberal blinders at home. Get out of your little bubble and see Biden don’t stand a chance! There’s no world record Parades on the weekly for Biden, I’ve seen no stickers for Biden, no signs, nothing. When you see massive parades for Trump in die hard liberal Cali you know you done for

Biden is losing the black vote, Hispanic vote as they are finally waking up and seeing Democrats have done nothing for them.

the media and big tech are still making you believe Biden has a chance. Biden is mental issues and can’t even complete a sentence, is afraid to debate trump cause he knows he has nothing to stand on and would get destroyed.
You have become my new favorite loony on here.

Q is probably some Russian hacker getting paid like 7 rubles an hour.

Putin must piss himself daily, at how easily he ruined our country.

Oh well. I guess if it’s that easy to ruin a country, there must’ve been something boiling under the surface.

People have to want to believe something, for it to have a chance.

typical, can’t refute it. If a conservative tells a liberal the sky is blue, liberals will argue and attack that the sky is purple without facts. Yet if you reverse the rolls a conservative will provide facts and explain the reasoning behind it.

typical, can’t refute it. If a conservative tells a liberal the sky is blue, liberals will argue and attack that the sky is purple without facts. Yet if you reverse the rolls a conservative will provide facts and explain the reasoning behind it.
Corrected: you will provide the “facts” and parrot the “reasoning” that the professional anti-logic association (RW media) gives to you.

None of you “figure out” any of these stances or talking points on your own.

Corrected: you will provide the “facts” and parrot the “reasoning” that the professional anti-logic association (RW media) gives to you.

None of you “figure out” any of these stances or talking points on your own.

RW media? There is none. Even Fox News is fully right. Let me guess you a die hard he or she Maddow fan? Don lemon? cuomo? Cooper?

Any liberal tell me why you voting for Biden without saying orange man bad.

RW media? There is none. Even Fox News is fully right. Let me guess you a die hard he or she Maddow fan? Don lemon? cuomo? Cooper?

Any liberal tell me why you voting for Biden without saying orange man bad.
I don’t hang signs on my house or put bumper stickers on my car, for Biden. I don’t march in parades or attend rallies, for Biden.

Even though I am not motivated to perform those actions, I do still vote.

I am therefore in the 99.99% of American voters. Let’s hope that at least 55% (or so) of me, choose Biden.

Trump may win. But basing who's going to win on boat parades and stickers is beyond foolish.

Trump may win. But basing who's going to win on boat parades and stickers is beyond foolish.

yea probably, but it shows enthusiasm and there is none for Biden. Zero! Trump fills stadiums while Biden can’t even fill high school gym.

no one can give an honest reason for Biden. His policies, anything. Just TDS

yea probably, but it shows enthusiasm and there is none for Biden. Zero! Trump fills stadiums while Biden can’t even fill high school gym.

no one can give an honest reason for Biden. His policies, anything. Just TDS

If Bernie Sanders were running against Mitt Romney, the "perceived enthusiasm" gap would be reversed and it wouldn't mean that Bernie was going to win.

All 2nd term elections are about the incumbent. This is not new. Biden has plenty of policies, to say otherwise is simply a not true.

But he was not the preferred candidate of most people passionate about any particular issue (climate change, healthcare etc.), so you won't find many people citing that as reason for voting for him. He was the nominee who most thought could beat Trump.

Goodness, you are a barrel of laughs and your use of the word facts and reasoning shows you have a tenuous grip on both those terms and access to a dictionary. So, just for fun, let's break down what you originally said:

First sentence: some people need to leave their liberal blinders at home. Sorry, no facts.
Second sentence: Get out of your little bubble and see Biden don’t stand a chance! Woo doggie, there's some strong FEELINGS there, but I don't see no facts, fella!
Third sentence: There’s no world record Parades on the weekly for Biden, I’ve seen no stickers for Biden, no signs, nothing. So, I saw in Florida there were 1,600 boats registered for this parade. Florida's been right around neck-and-neck in the polls. There's nearly 14 million registered voters in Florida. Sorry to break this to you pal, but a relative speck of a-holes out of roughly 7 million Trump voters jumping in their boats and slapping a flag on the back isn't going to sway the election.

And you're telling me you haven't seen stickers nor signs? Well, I haven't seen heaven, but I do believe it exists, just as I believe there's plenty of Biden voters out there, many of whom don't feel the need to put a sign in their front yard or a bumper sticker on their vehicle to invite some deranged lunatic from dumping garbage on their lawn or keying their car. I was brought up to keep your political convictions to yourself-my Mom wouldn't even reveal her votes to me when I was a young kid because she said that was private business and should be kept to oneself. I believe many others harbor this belief also.

By the way, I've been around nearly 50 years and I don't recall parades for any presidential candidate-Carter, Reagan, Mondale, Bush I, Dukakis, Clinton, Dole, Bush II, Gore, Kerry, Obama, McCain, Romney, Mrs. Clinton-I think I got them all. Never any parades and any one that goes to a parade for a politician is a jerk-off. Parades are for championship teams and small towns where kids get candy and the Shriners drive around in funny cars. The places that hold parades for politicians are where despots rule.

Alright, let's get back to this barrel of facts you're presenting us!

Fourth sentence: When you see massive parades for Trump in die hard liberal Cali you know you done for Okay, so your slim grip on making sense is starting to slip, let's keep that grammar tight, fella! California actually has 4.7 Republican voters. And you might want to look up the names Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson, Richard Nixon, Arnold Schwarznegger-don't get sidetracked by Kindergarten Cop, it's a fun diversion, I grant you, but I'm trying to keep things on track here-take a look at their political backgrounds and where they're from and you might come to realize-California is diverse!

Fifth sentence: Biden is losing the black vote, Hispanic vote as they are finally waking up and seeing Democrats have done nothing for them. Now, here there is a bit of nuance-indeed, there are minority voters will be voting for Trump, just as they did in 2016, but it's still leans heavily towards Biden. Here's a couple links, one validates the first point I made and the second provides a collection of polls and some of them get into the breakdown of minority voters. Btw, you're lumping a diverse group of voters, particularly Hispanics, into a simple lump when it's much more complex than that-the Cuban-American population of South Florida's is traditionally a strong Republican voting bloc. How bout that, we're talking facts, I just provided you with one!

Sixth sentence: the media and big tech are still making you believe Biden has a chance. Don't forget to capitalize at the beginning of sentences. Okay, this is a familiar trope, although the big tech part makes me chuckle a bit-take a look at the most viewed news sources on Facebook per day or take a look at how Peter Thiel's chipping away at democracy, but I'm digressing. Just go back to the link I had earlier about the polls.

Seventh sentence: Biden is mental issues and can’t even complete a sentence, is afraid to debate trump cause he knows he has nothing to stand on and would get destroyed. Here's the debate details.

So, facts and reasoning-sorry buddy, but I just couldn't find any. Strong opinions, yes! But no facts, sorry to break it to you.

I think it's time to split the football forum the way OT was split up! One board for sport related topics and one for political and social topics! Finding interesting discussion here is becoming a waste of time!!!

It couldn't hurt, could it?

I don’t know, man. Alcohol makes some people lovers and others fighters. I just don’t know.

Maybe Writergoph could bring something more dissociative or euphoric.

Goodness, you are a barrel of laughs and your use of the word facts and reasoning shows you have a tenuous grip on both those terms and access to a dictionary. So, just for fun, let's break down what you originally said:

First sentence: some people need to leave their liberal blinders at home. Sorry, no facts.
Second sentence: Get out of your little bubble and see Biden don’t stand a chance! Woo doggie, there's some strong FEELINGS there, but I don't see no facts, fella!
Third sentence: There’s no world record Parades on the weekly for Biden, I’ve seen no stickers for Biden, no signs, nothing. So, I saw in Florida there were 1,600 boats registered for this parade. Florida's been right around neck-and-neck in the polls. There's nearly 14 million registered voters in Florida. Sorry to break this to you pal, but a relative speck of a-holes out of roughly 7 million Trump voters jumping in their boats and slapping a flag on the back isn't going to sway the election.

And you're telling me you haven't seen stickers nor signs? Well, I haven't seen heaven, but I do believe it exists, just as I believe there's plenty of Biden voters out there, many of whom don't feel the need to put a sign in their front yard or a bumper sticker on their vehicle to invite some deranged lunatic from dumping garbage on their lawn or keying their car. I was brought up to keep your political convictions to yourself-my Mom wouldn't even reveal her votes to me when I was a young kid because she said that was private business and should be kept to oneself. I believe many others harbor this belief also.

By the way, I've been around nearly 50 years and I don't recall parades for any presidential candidate-Carter, Reagan, Mondale, Bush I, Dukakis, Clinton, Dole, Bush II, Gore, Kerry, Obama, McCain, Romney, Mrs. Clinton-I think I got them all. Never any parades and any one that goes to a parade for a politician is a jerk-off. Parades are for championship teams and small towns where kids get candy and the Shriners drive around in funny cars. The places that hold parades for politicians are where despots rule.

Alright, let's get back to this barrel of facts you're presenting us!

Fourth sentence: When you see massive parades for Trump in die hard liberal Cali you know you done for Okay, so your slim grip on making sense is starting to slip, let's keep that grammar tight, fella! California actually has 4.7 Republican voters. And you might want to look up the names Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson, Richard Nixon, Arnold Schwarznegger-don't get sidetracked by Kindergarten Cop, it's a fun diversion, I grant you, but I'm trying to keep things on track here-take a look at their political backgrounds and where they're from and you might come to realize-California is diverse!

Fifth sentence: Biden is losing the black vote, Hispanic vote as they are finally waking up and seeing Democrats have done nothing for them. Now, here there is a bit of nuance-indeed, there are minority voters will be voting for Trump, just as they did in 2016, but it's still leans heavily towards Biden. Here's a couple links, one validates the first point I made and the second provides a collection of polls and some of them get into the breakdown of minority voters. Btw, you're lumping a diverse group of voters, particularly Hispanics, into a simple lump when it's much more complex than that-the Cuban-American population of South Florida's is traditionally a strong Republican voting bloc. How bout that, we're talking facts, I just provided you with one!

Sixth sentence: the media and big tech are still making you believe Biden has a chance. Don't forget to capitalize at the beginning of sentences. Okay, this is a familiar trope, although the big tech part makes me chuckle a bit-take a look at the most viewed news sources on Facebook per day or take a look at how Peter Thiel's chipping away at democracy, but I'm digressing. Just go back to the link I had earlier about the polls.

Seventh sentence: Biden is mental issues and can’t even complete a sentence, is afraid to debate trump cause he knows he has nothing to stand on and would get destroyed. Here's the debate details.

So, facts and reasoning-sorry buddy, but I just couldn't find any. Strong opinions, yes! But no facts, sorry to break it to you.

TDS is strong with you. I type from my phone so excuse the errors. I’m sure you one the spelling bee as child, nerd.

you wrote all that and still didn’t explain why you voting for Sleepy Joe. You cited a couple news links which is subjective cause you know media and polls is unbiased.

Question: why you voting sleepy joe

your answer: 😡😡😡 trying to hold in anger...Orange man bad!!!

TDS is strong with you. I type from my phone so excuse the errors. I’m sure you one the spelling bee as child, nerd.

you wrote all that and still didn’t explain why you voting for Sleepy Joe. You cited a couple news links which is subjective cause you know media and polls is unbiased.

I will pull one lever for Trump, on the electric chair....haha

Honestly, who the fuck watches the news in 2020? There is so much better content out there. The news is what you watch when you are stuck in a waiting room, or in front of the wrong TV at the gym.

Might be the most perfect example of a Trump voter ever.

Honestly, who the fuck watches the news in 2020? There is so much better content out there. The news is what you watch when you are stuck in a waiting room, or in front of the wrong TV at the gym.
Yeah I find TV news pretty unwatchable. I'd rather read it anyway.

1. What parades?
2. Where have you gotten this information from?

Let me try a swing at it:

I am voting for Biden because his political views and policies are closer to mine on the political spectrum than Trump. I am a very progressive person (voted for Bernie in the primaries both in 2016 and 2020), so just from a political policy standpoint, I will be voting for the candidate that is as far left as is available. I don't vote third party though, because in our current voting system that is throwing away your vote since pretty much every third party candidate does not have a chance of winning.

Am I happy that Biden is the democratic candidate? No. But he's the closest candidate to me that has a chance of winning.

1. What parades?
2. Where have you gotten this information from?

Let me try a swing at it:

I am voting for Biden because his political views and policies are closer to mine on the political spectrum than Trump. I am a very progressive person (voted for Bernie in the primaries both in 2016 and 2020), so just from a political policy standpoint, I will be voting for the candidate that is as far left as is available. I don't vote third party though, because in our current voting system that is throwing away your vote since pretty much every third party candidate does not have a chance of winning.

Am I happy that Biden is the democratic candidate? No. But he's the closest candidate to me that has a chance of winning.

wow, so socialist to the max. Scary. Since you believe in that, what’s your bank info, I’d like to take 50% for me, and where do you live, I have some illegals that need a place to stay. I hope you don’t have a fence around your home or locks on your doors. hope you also don’t have firearms to protect yourself cause you have the police, the same police your extreme left is trying to get rid of.

why don’t you move to Venezuela? Europe? is it because they are Sh*t holes destroyed by socialism? And yes Europe is a major S. Hole.

wow, so socialist to the max. Scary. Since you believe in that, what’s your bank info, I’d like to take 50% for me, and where do you live, I have some illegals that need a place to stay. I hope you don’t have a fence around your home or locks on your doors. hope you also don’t have firearms to protect yourself cause you have the police, the same police your extreme left is trying to get rid of.

why don’t you move to Venezuela? Europe? is it because they are Sh*t holes destroyed by socialism? And yes Europe is a major S. Hole.
Question: Why are you voting for Biden? Bet you can't do it without saying "orange man bad"

Me: *Gives answer that does not say "orange man bad"*

You: 😡😡😡 trying to hold in anger...Socialism bad!!!

But why would you hold yourself to the same standards that you hold others?

So you'll be refusing social security money when you retire (if you haven't already) Yeah?

Might be the most perfect example of a Trump voter ever.
I don't know, I think we have another contender from the brilliance that is GopherFanatic19:

Top Bottom