Kirk Herbstreit gets emotional on ESPN today (video)

Hierarchy, like India caste system, blacks are at the bottom. Light skin blacks even look down on dark skin blacks.
????? WTF?

Discrimination is discrimination. Folks of all walks of life are discriminated against every day, everywhere; black, latino, asian, native american, short people, skinny people, fat people, ugly people, people with acne, people with body ink, people with or without glasses, et al. And yet repeatedly we are only pressured to make accommodations to one group for the most part.

They just seem to have a much better marketing department than all the others? That's all I can think of.

I think it's just more pervasive and continuous for one group, you cannot acknowledge that it is possible???

His tribe seeks to take the binary fallacy to its limit, to maximize their own convenience and justify their own worldview.

Almost nothing is binary, there are spectrums and levels to almost everything. Thus it is perfectly logical to claim that being on the lower end of the spectrum is a relatively worse condition, without claiming that all other races/ethnicities and even other descriptions are subject to some discrimination.

Haha. "In the past couple months"? The whole point is not what has happened in the past couple months, but for many years leading up to now.

Also it's not about WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN. It's about those who are different from you HAVE EXPERIENCED.

If you can't and won't listen with an open mind, then that's a shame

If the black community (any community) had the mentality of 1) Being victims or 2) Being responsible for their destiny . . . Which would be better? It’s not even worthy of a discussion.

Have you ever seen a person with a victims mentality try to sell that BS to Dr Laura? It doesn’t play, she sets them straight, shows them the mindset needed to be healthy and productive.

This victims mentality in the black community or any community is poison. It’s good to see in the Tatum report that some people understand.

Last edited:

Herbstreit got run out of Columbus for being honest. I think he's a stand up guy.

????? WTF?

Discrimination is discrimination. Folks of all walks of life are discriminated against every day, everywhere; black, latino, asian, native american, short people, skinny people, fat people, ugly people, people with acne, people with body ink, people with or without glasses, et al. And yet repeatedly we are only pressured to make accommodations to one group for the most part.

They just seem to have a much better marketing department than all the others? That's all I can think of.
There you go again. Completely ignoring the poster that took the time to write a thoughtful response and answered the question you asked. But that's just how things work around here. Everyone says and sees what they want to see. No one actually listens.

If the black community (any community) had the mentality of 1) Being victims or 2) Being responsible for their destiny . . . Which would be better? It’s not even worthy of a discussion.

Have you ever seen a person with a victims mentality try to sell that BS to Dr Laura? It doesn’t play, she sets them straight, shows them the mindset needed to be healthy and productive.

This victims mentality in the black community or any community is poison. It’s good to see in the Tatum report that some people understand.
One instance of what happened when they tried. Tulsa massacre..

There you go again. Completely ignoring the poster that took the time to write a thoughtful response and answered the question you asked. But that's just how things work around here. Everyone says and sees what they want to see. No one actually listens.
You're right about that paint color.

I just looked up Tatum's net worth and his YouTube channel is reportedly worth $266,000. He's a co-founder of Blexit with Candace Owens, who is as masterful an opportunist as I've seen in my day. A quick search through Goggle shows Tatum itching to enter any conversation he can that will get him invited on Ben Shapiro's show and fatten his bank account.

Tatum, Owens, Jason Whitlock, Thomas Sowell, etc, etc, etc. continue to be tossed into the conversations on this board to serve the purpose of validating points of view that are decidedly conservative, if not downright racist (looking directly at you, Bison Dan). That's certainly one route to go-burrow your head, find your echo chamber, and shut out any consideration that what exploded when George Floyd was killed was a festering issue that has reared its ugly and shameful head in riots every 25-30 years since the 1960's and maybe, just maybe, a good, long look at what steps could be taken to make life better and more palatable for everyone.

Or you could listen/read other perspectives (personally Michael Harriot is one of my favorite follows on Twitter, as he provides history and sociology lessons that I've never been aware of before). You could contemplate why coaches such as Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, Stan Van Gundy, and Rick Carlisle are so outspoken and giving of their time to racial justice issues, as they have spent their careers working closely and developed relationships with black colleagues and players. At the least, you could illicit some empathy, as Herbstreit put on display, when considering the struggles that others face that you never have had to consider.

It's incredible, yet predictable, that Herbstreit's display has gotten some people up in arms and 'canceling' him because he expressed a desire that we can do better. That's a f***ing controversial statement???

Final thought-I watched the entire 13 minutes of that claptrap presented by Tatum and anyone claiming that it lays out the facts or the truth or whatever-man, you need to brush up on the meaning of facts. There wasn't one damn verifiable fact in what he spewed.

I just looked up Tatum's net worth and his YouTube channel is reportedly worth $266,000. He's a co-founder of Blexit with Candace Owens, who is as masterful an opportunist as I've seen in my day. A quick search through Goggle shows Tatum itching to enter any conversation he can that will get him invited on Ben Shapiro's show and fatten his bank account.

Tatum, Owens, Jason Whitlock, Thomas Sowell, etc, etc, etc. continue to be tossed into the conversations on this board to serve the purpose of validating points of view that are decidedly conservative, if not downright racist (looking directly at you, Bison Dan). That's certainly one route to go-burrow your head, find your echo chamber, and shut out any consideration that what exploded when George Floyd was killed was a festering issue that has reared its ugly and shameful head in riots every 25-30 years since the 1960's and maybe, just maybe, a good, long look at what steps could be taken to make life better and more palatable for everyone.

Or you could listen/read other perspectives (personally Michael Harriot is one of my favorite follows on Twitter, as he provides history and sociology lessons that I've never been aware of before). You could contemplate why coaches such as Gregg Popovich, Steve Kerr, Stan Van Gundy, and Rick Carlisle are so outspoken and giving of their time to racial justice issues, as they have spent their careers working closely and developed relationships with black colleagues and players. At the least, you could illicit some empathy, as Herbstreit put on display, when considering the struggles that others face that you never have had to consider.

It's incredible, yet predictable, that Herbstreit's display has gotten some people up in arms and 'canceling' him because he expressed a desire that we can do better. That's a f***ing controversial statement???

Final thought-I watched the entire 13 minutes of that claptrap presented by Tatum and anyone claiming that it lays out the facts or the truth or whatever-man, you need to brush up on the meaning of facts. There wasn't one damn verifiable fact in what he spewed.

Really couldn't agree more with your post - but especially the bolded graf. Pretty troubling that so many people are pushing back on Kirk.

If social justice is yyour concern, you really need to choose examples other than kerr and popovich. Especially if you are also denouncing economic opportunism. Now Mr. Morey, there is a social justice warrior

Last edited:

If social justice is yyour concern, you really need to choose examples other than kerr and popovich. Especially if you are also denouncing economic opportunism.

This doesn't even make sense. Somebody can be about social justice and also be financially successful. Not mutually exclusive

This doesn't even make sense. Somebody can be about social justice and also be financially successful. Not mutually exclusive

Agree. Wasv trying to make that very point about financial success to CoolHand regarding Tatum. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Jason Whitlock is apolitical, always has been; if I'm not mistaken he's never voted. He seems conservative to some probably because he's not some off-the-rails whack job. He's an incredibly bright and thoughtful and well-spoken individual, he was fantastic on the show with Marcellus Wiley. I would really hesitate to lump him in with the others that were mentioned, but my guess is a little bit of "guilt by association" because some don't like Clay Travis for whatever reason despite having one of the fastest growing sports podcasts in the country.

As far as what Herbstreit said, I really didn't watch it. I've always been a huge Herby fan, I would doubt anything he said in these different times would make me think any different of him. People are saying a lot of things these last few months that nobody was saying several months ago, and for a lot of different reasons.

My comments on this thread at least, were about discrimination in general and that I just find it curious the focus is almost always exclusively surrounding one group when there are many, many groups that are discriminated against. I can't be the only one that finds that interesting.

IMO there are many “apolitical“ or center right people that agree with social justice issues, sympathetic to historic and current discrimination, but then listen to marchers/protestera/activists views in more depth...and find their personal worldview/politics 180 degrees apart. I guarantee BLM would have wider support if it wasn’t linked to a political movement and socioeconomic movement a majority of Americans disagree with. It’s brilliant politics, but also hugely divisive, on an issue that shouldn’t be - less discrimination/prejudice/bias, equal opportunity.

those races don’t play the victim mentality. They work hard to get where they want to be and not listen to the victim crowd keeping them down. Blacks are waking up more and more and seeing that the Democrats have been truly suppressing them. There isn’t a racism problem in America, there is a fake one being pushed by the media, techies, social justice warriors and liberals

I am a blue voter and have found this to be true. How did I find this out when you can’t believe anyone’s opinion these days? I went on Twitter and followed people across all political spectrums. you get a much different picture of what is happening in our country as there are many independent journalists posting videos from all over. The truth is literally out there.

Then you notice what gets picked up by the mainstream media. There has been horrific violence done in the last six months that has been ignored by outlets like The NY Times, CNN, amd MSNBC because it doesn’t fit their narrative. If you only follow these outlets, you are being peddled an incomplete story and are falling for it. Read Thomas Sowell or Shelby Steele of you want a thoughtful counter argument propagated by African American scholars who are completely ignored by mainstream media. And pay attention to the discussions of Glenn Loury and John McWhorter. Follow Matt Taibbi and Thomas Chatterton Williams for thoughtful discussions about race and how critical race theory is an abomination. Then stand up and fight for our country with your independent thinking once you’ve seen all sides.

IMO there are many “apolitical“ or center right people that agree with social justice issues, sympathetic to historic and current discrimination, but then listen to marchers/protestera/activists views in more depth...and find their personal worldview/politics 180 degrees apart. I guarantee BLM would have wider support if it wasn’t linked to a political movement and socioeconomic movement a majority of Americans disagree with. It’s brilliant politics, but also hugely divisive, on an issue that shouldn’t be - less discrimination/prejudice/bias, equal opportunity.
Best post I've seen on this topic in forever. Very well stated.

Really couldn't agree more with your post - but especially the bolded graf. Pretty troubling that so many people are pushing back on Kirk.
Yep.

Like I said -- we're seeing an explosion in what are nothing more than opportunistic cons. They see a group of people who are desperate for someone to lead their echo chamber, and they know they'll make a nice buck by saying things that the groups wants to hear and wants to be true.

The majority of Americans disagree with policy that doesn't seek to imprison blacks in order to feed the prison industrial complex, and that doesn't empower white police officers who don't live in the city to use unjustified deadly force against blacks?

The majority of Americans disagree with the socioeconomics of suppressing black down in poverty?

That's absurd.

The majority of Americans disagree with policy that doesn't seek to imprison blacks in order to feed the prison industrial complex, and that doesn't empower white police officers who don't live in the city to use unjustified deadly force against blacks?

The majority of Americans disagree with the socioeconomics of suppressing black down in poverty?

That's absurd.

As a fan of throwing around buzzwords like “gaslighting”, you’re probably familiar with sealioning.

To most people BLM, means literally what it says and nothing more. It's a statement of belief.

The right tries to portray it as some massive political machine that is going to take over America to drum up fear in their base and get votes.

To most people BLM, means literally what it says and nothing more. It's a statement of belief.

The right tries to portray it as some massive political machine that is going to take over America to drum up fear in their base and get votes.

Silly and wrong. It is a political machine where 99% of donations go to Democratic causes and candidates.

Of course, this is correct.

Like almost all things with far RW conspiracies: Occam’s Razor wins the day.

Seems very odd to have a political/social group that has a mission statement, website, founders/leaders but no one actually pays attention to any of that.

Seems very odd to have a political/social group that has a mission statement, website, founders/leaders but no one actually pays attention to any of that.

This is more of a larger mechanical question but ... does anyone go to a party or group's website and read it to learn anything?

Like go to any party / politician and you'll hear about the great things they'll get for you, do people take that at face value?

Having a website with a stated mission and founders ... proves that it’s a massive political machine funneling donations to democrats?

A website doesn’t mean anything.

Top Bottom