Kill still bitter on Fleck “As for my personal feelings I’m not taking him to dinner. I’ll tell you that.”; not sure if they’ll be a pregame handshake

This whole Kill-bashing thing is moronic.

Kill doesn't blame Fleck for Claeys' firing, but he does harbor some resentment for Fleck saying that there was a character deficiency in the previous regime. However, in these quotes he actually praises Fleck as a coach.

He also didn't say, as in someone's previous fabricated quote, that he wouldn't shake Fleck's hand. He said that he didn't know what would happen; he would take his cue from Fleck.

I have never understood the idiotic need some people feel to manufacture a feud where none exists.
It doesn’t really matter.
If kill doesn’t want to be bashed all he has to do is go away. But he is too much of a petulant little Child to do that. He shows less maturity than most middle schoolers

It doesn’t really matter.
If kill doesn’t want to be bashed all he has to do is go away. But he is too much of a petulant little Child to do that. He shows less maturity than most middle schoolers
Aren't you needed in another thread, to needlessly bash a Tight End for his alleged lack of blocking skills?

JFC, Kill is the ultimate in being easily offended. Fleck talked about changing the culture in his introductory press conference and Kill has had his undies in a bunch ever since. Even now, he's not sure he'll shake Fleck's hand in pregame? He'll wait to see what Fleck does? Good. Lord. Get over it, be a "man" and grow the eff up.

Fleck has been nothing but classy as it relates to Kill. Yet Jerry has been whining/taking cheap shots at Fleck since he was hired. And it's clear he's still totally bitter.

Kill is simply pathetic at this point.

JFC, Kill is the ultimate in being easily offended. Fleck talked about changing the culture in his introductory press conference and Kill has had his undies in a bunch ever since. Even now, he's not sure he'll shake Fleck's hand in pregame? He'll wait to see what Fleck does? Good. Lord. Get over it, be a "man" and grow the eff up.

Fleck has been nothing but classy as it relates to Kill. Yet Jerry has been whining/taking cheap shots at Fleck since he was hired. And it's clear he's still totally bitter.

Kill is simply pathetic at this point.
Oooh, there's a hot take!

Nothing personal, MRJ, but that's a perfect example of everything I've written in this thread.

But it isn't your fault, headline reader. The headline to this article could have been, "Kill still resents Claeys'treatment at Minnesota, but says that Fleck is a good recruiter and a good coach." But instead it suggests (falsely) that Kill is fixated on past grievances. And then people like you take the bait and run with it.

This whole Kill-bashing thing is moronic.

Kill doesn't blame Fleck for Claeys' firing, but he does harbor some resentment for Fleck saying that there was a character deficiency in the previous regime. However, in these quotes he actually praises Fleck as a coach.

He also didn't say, as in someone's previous fabricated quote, that he wouldn't shake Fleck's hand. He said that he didn't know what would happen; he would take his cue from Fleck.

I have never understood the idiotic need some people feel to manufacture a feud where none exists.
Are you Jerry's mom, by any chance?

Because i have a difficult time understanding anyone else going out of their way to defend "I don't know what I'll do" when asked about a handahake, FFS.

And for the record, i think "culture change" was a pretty reaonable goal when you're brought in to rrplace a coach fired in the midst of a national-level sexual misconduct investigation..
In which your team boycotted right before a bowl game and the HC is publicly arguing with U leadership.

Geez, man.

Jerry Kill did some good things with the program and in doing Woody's job pushing for the Athletic Village project, and in laying the foundation "brick-by-brick."

He ruined his legacy with his bitterness.

Will be interesting to see how long he is HC at NMST. When he took the job I wasn't convinced he would last to this fall without stepping down.

The over/under has to be one full season.
I do remember seeing him on the ground with a seizure (TV quit showing it after the first one). I think he is taking a big risk being on the sideline. I actually do not think he can finish the season health wise.

Millionaire problems. From Fleck, Kill, Claeys and Limegrover. Who really gives a sh*t about this playground drama? Let's just play football, can we please?

I go through this every year at this time. The calendar turns to August and I start getting really excited for Gopher football. My daily visits to Gopherhole skyrocket and I wear out YouTube rewatching highlights and classic Gopher games.

I’m actually getting frustrated, watching the same stuff over and over. And here on Gopherhole? I am combing through a thread, where people are arguing over the level of childishness within a previous coach. It’s a dumb topic and sort of funny people are going after each other over it. But here I am, reading every word and keeping score. I take it I am not the only one looking for outlets as the season draws near.

I wish something meaningful would happen. Nebraska lose another top player to the portal? Any new negative recruiting letters from Brohm exposed? Opening night can’t get here soon enough.

Oooh, there's a hot take!

Nothing personal, MRJ, but that's a perfect example of everything I've written in this thread.

But it isn't your fault, headline reader. The headline to this article could have been, "Kill still resents Claeys'treatment at Minnesota, but says that Fleck is a good recruiter and a good coach." But instead it suggests (falsely) that Kill is fixated on past grievances. And then people like you take the bait and run with it.
Good lord. Do you read what you write? He won't even shake his hand in the pregame depending on what Fleck does? That's literally the bare minimum that is expected from coaches in athletic contests at almost every level. Yet Kill doesn't know if he wants to do it because, well, Fleck.

Of course he recognizes Fleck as a good recruiter and a good coach. That's been the stance of basically the entire college football fraternity since Fleck got here. That doesn't mean he's still not bitter. The fact he's unsure about something as simple as a freaking pregame handshake in addition to how he's "never gotten over" how it went down with the U snd not apologizing for his ad-hominem attacks on Fleck shows just how bitter he is.

Here's some advice: Pull your head out of Jerry's ass and stop being a fool.

I go through this every year at this time. The calendar turns to August and I start getting really excited for Gopher football. My daily visits to Gopherhole skyrocket and I wear out YouTube rewatching highlights and classic Gopher games.

I’m actually getting frustrated, watching the same stuff over and over. And here on Gopherhole? I am combing through a thread, where people are arguing over the level of childishness within a previous coach. It’s a dumb topic and sort of funny people are going after each other over it. But here I am, reading every word and keeping score. I take it I am not the only one looking for outlets as the season draws near.

I wish something meaningful would happen. Nebraska lose another top player to the portal? Any new negative recruiting letters from Brohm exposed? Opening night can’t get here soon enough.
I can’t believe you come to a message board to waste time and are shocked to find time being wasted

Here's a guess at what Fleck (or any other mature, accomplished communicator) would've said if put in the same situation:

"The past is in the past -- it's ancient history. My feelings on this don't matter. We're coming up here to play a football game and my focus is 100% on getting my team prepared to put our best foot forward. Of course I have feelings about my time at Minnesota and everything that went down, but I've moved on. Will I shake PJ's hand? Of course I will. I'm a professional, he's a professional, and I respect him enough as a man and coach to extend that courtesy."

With the way Coach Kill has bounced around from program to program like a ping pong ball it was probably inevitable he would end up facing Minnesota on the other side of the field before he "retired" again.

Unfortunately the circumstances of his and Coach Claeys departures from Minnesota reflected personal (for Kill) and professional (for Claeys) misfortunes that any fanbase would be challenged to process, let alone the personalities themselves, including the new HC that was hired by a new AD who in hindsight clearly wanted his own man.

I'm with Schnauzer that unfortunately this particular match-up is raising feelings that should be dead and gone by now. The media will certainly feast on this corpse where it can, and Coach Kill "on principle" can't let it go.

I guess we're stuck with this mini-drama until the clock reads 00:00 at the end of the 4th Quarter. Eventually we'll return to the general view that Coaches Kill and Claeys elevated the program from Coach Brewster's depths, and like his manner and style or not, Coach Fleck has us nationally relevant again.

Guess there will be a Vegas line on "handshake or not" and probably more little birdie chirping between now and then. Fortunately, this will be old news by Labor Day with our first W on the season.

Here's a guess at what Fleck (or any other mature, accomplished communicator) would've said if put in the same situation:

"The past is in the past -- it's ancient history. My feelings on this don't matter. We're coming up here to play a football game and my focus is 100% on getting my team prepared to put our best foot forward. Of course I have feelings about my time at Minnesota and everything that went down, but I've moved on. Will I shake PJ's hand? Of course I will. I'm a professional, he's a professional, and I respect him enough as a man and coach to extend that courtesy."
The pregame handshake comment was weird, given the source that is not overly surprising but it was weird. This beef/feud/crybaby routine has been entirely one sided (at least in terms of any sort of public comments). So I would expect Fleck to do what he does at any other game and go meet the opposing coach at midfield before the game and exchange pleasantries.

Guessing the interaction will be pretty short but given that Fleck has taken the high road on all of this I would expect him to do the same on gameday.

Then I hope the Gophers go out there and kick the crap out of Kill's squad on the field.

Are you Jerry's mom, by any chance?

Because i have a difficult time understanding anyone else going out of their way to defend "I don't know what I'll do" when asked about a handahake, FFS.

And for the record, i think "culture change" was a pretty reaonable goal when you're brought in to rrplace a coach fired in the midst of a national-level sexual misconduct investigation..
In which your team boycotted right before a bowl game and the HC is publicly arguing with U leadership.

Geez, man.
Exactly. It was basically mandatory that a culture change be addressed. What’s he supposed to do, blindly defend the previous staff?

Reactions: MRJ

Yeah, I'm hopeful that maybe this game will provide some closure and the days of Jerry Kill threads will finally be in the rear view mirror around here. But that is probably too much to hope for.

The good news is that the group that strongly supports Kill has gotten much smaller over the years. But I doubt we will see the end of threads like these anytime soon, since the local media can't seem to stop going back to him and seeing what other stupid things they can get him to say.

This may turn into a Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz situation.

Nah....for it to get that heated it would require Fleck to give a crap about what Kill thinks/says/does. To this point he has shown no public sign that he cares about Jerry's beefs with him and the University. I would expect Fleck to handle things professionally, especially if the team kicks the crap out of NMSU as they should on game day.

I'd love to see Fleck slap Kill's back heading off the field and Ol' Jer' taking off trying to catch him.

Nah....for it to get that heated it would require Fleck to give a crap about what Kill thinks/says/does. To this point he has shown no public sign that he cares about Jerry's beefs with him and the University. I would expect Fleck to handle things professionally, especially if the team kicks the crap out of NMSU as they should on game day.
Oh, PJ does give a crap about everything kill says and does. PJ doesn't address it publicly because that would go against the image he sells. The truth lives where there are no cameras and reporters.

Oh, PJ does give a crap about everything kill says and does. PJ doesn't address it publicly because that would go against the image he sells. The truth lives where there are no cameras and reporters.
Even if he does care and JK's comments bother him, it speaks to PJ being the more mature man by keeping things behind closed doors.

I watched the 2019 Gopher vs NE game last night.

Bitching and moaning about the tight schedule but was still going to slide in a Dunkers appearance-LOL-Ol’ Jer, don’t ever change, you are an endless source of mirth for at least one Gophers fan.
Your profile picture.
Jim Anchower…. Hola amigos…

Top Bottom