Kilgore >>>>>>> Weber

Anybody know the name of South Dakota's QB so I can prepare myself for the thread cncmin will start Sat afternoon after we dominate every facet of that game and win??

Anybody know the name of South Dakota's QB so I can prepare myself for the thread cncmin will start Sat afternoon after we dominate every facet of that game and win??

Did so many of you guys not actually watch the MTSU game? Their QB, though up against a MUCH better defense than the one Weber faced, threw with arm speed, poise, scrambled effectively, and, as a backup, made our 5th-year senior look comparatively awful. How is that not a bad sign? I'd be ok with it, and shrug it off as "just a bad game" if I hadn't seen the same garbage time and time again over the past 2 seasons. When Weber cannot pass to Decker, he cannot pass to anyone.

Weber's best two passes last game, from what I saw, were the shovel passes to Bennett, where, ironically, our best player all game ran right into the backs of the offensive line for little to no gain. At least we know Weber can shovel pass. Perhaps he can launch it underhanded for the rest of his 5 to 15 yard passes too? Then maybe he can complete a few. By the way, 10-17 against MTSU is hardly anything to brag about considering how much the good running game was setting up easy passes.

One last thing, our O-line is not excellent, but it's also not bad. All defenses eventually break through the offensive line. Getting the ball away, either to an open receiver or throwing the ball away, are key components to a passing game. Weber holds onto the ball too long, has very very little mobility, can no longer run for positive yardage, can't read the defense (during the play), and takes way too many sacks. Now, if he could make up for these deficiencies with a strong and/or accurate arm, that would be another story. I really like his courage, playing through injury and pain. I just have trouble thinking that you continue to give him the ball just because he has heart, however. It's D-1 level football. At some point you have to play to win.

I really don't know what you guys see in him that gives you any confidence. (Is it solely his apparent ability to audible?) Last year, he had one quality performance after Decker was injured (MSU). The year before, similar results with Decker out; both seasons ending poorly. He and Decker had a great ability to connect. Though that's not saying much, Decker was a hell of a receiver.

Must be the blind homeristic optimism. I don't know how else anyone can support his results. My grandma could have QB'd a win last week - all she had to do was take a hike and hand off. I think any of our backups could have done that.

If you think webber is a good big ten qb, your either a bigger homer than simpson or don't know much about football. Can you say happy feet!!! Hopefully he improves or were in trouble.

If you think webber is a good big ten qb, your either a bigger homer than simpson or don't know much about football. Can you say happy feet!!! Hopefully he improves or were in trouble.

it must be nice having a job that allows you to break down film on who is a good qb and a poor qb. did you get your expertise by being a high school qb or are you an actual coach with experience developing qb's?

cause from what i have read the last couple of years from the "experts" is that weber is a solid qb on a bad team.

but thanks for the insight on the "happy feet" that led to a second half scoring drive to win our opening game against an opponent that was a 6 point favorite agaisnt our big ten gophers that are only going to win 2 games this year.

im guessing your the "expert" that can clearly see that gray is a much better passer than webber!(gray is 6-15 for 62 yards 1 td 1 pick) obviously with those dominating lifetime stats brew and his coaching staff are pissing down their legs and are about as stupid as they come because who in their right mind cant see that gray is a statistical freak of nature and should be the starter. all of you "start gray" guys probably were watching him in high school during his entire career so im sure you have the inside scoop more so then myself who only saw a rivals video and half of a all america game.

now im not really a weber guy or a gray guy, im a minnesota guy and i trust the coaches. if gray was better today he would start. brew isnt mack brown, he needs to win to please our fanbase and shut up the critics he isnt going to put his coaching future at the risk of anyone he wants to win and he wants to win here! im really sick of you "fans" who wish for weber to fall apart so you can see gray play and see what he can do. gray will finish his career as a gopher qb and he will have his time to shine, weber is our guy quit bitching and support him!

some of you guys that bash a guy for leading us to a win against a "better team" need to give the field general some love.

Did so many of you guys not actually watch the MTSU game? Their QB, though up against a MUCH better defense than the one Weber faced, threw with arm speed, poise, scrambled effectively, and, as a backup, made our 5th-year senior look comparatively awful. How is that not a bad sign? I'd be ok with it, and shrug it off as "just a bad game" if I hadn't seen the same garbage time and time again over the past 2 seasons. When Weber cannot pass to Decker, he cannot pass to anyone.

Weber's best two passes last game, from what I saw, were the shovel passes to Bennett, where, ironically, our best player all game ran right into the backs of the offensive line for little to no gain. At least we know Weber can shovel pass. Perhaps he can launch it underhanded for the rest of his 5 to 15 yard passes too? Then maybe he can complete a few. By the way, 10-17 against MTSU is hardly anything to brag about considering how much the good running game was setting up easy passes.

One last thing, our O-line is not excellent, but it's also not bad. All defenses eventually break through the offensive line. Getting the ball away, either to an open receiver or throwing the ball away, are key components to a passing game. Weber holds onto the ball too long, has very very little mobility, can no longer run for positive yardage, can't read the defense (during the play), and takes way too many sacks. Now, if he could make up for these deficiencies with a strong and/or accurate arm, that would be another story. I really like his courage, playing through injury and pain. I just have trouble thinking that you continue to give him the ball just because he has heart, however. It's D-1 level football. At some point you have to play to win.

I really don't know what you guys see in him that gives you any confidence. (Is it solely his apparent ability to audible?) Last year, he had one quality performance after Decker was injured (MSU). The year before, similar results with Decker out; both seasons ending poorly. He and Decker had a great ability to connect. Though that's not saying much, Decker was a hell of a receiver.

Must be the blind homeristic optimism. I don't know how else anyone can support his results. My grandma could have QB'd a win last week - all she had to do was take a hike and hand off. I think any of our backups could have done that.

you must not have watched the game if those are the 2 best passes you saw! the pass to mcknight and lair in the 2nd quarter were very nice. you sound bitter...are you related to glen mason?

Must be the blind homeristic optimism. I don't know how else anyone can support his results. My grandma could have QB'd a win last week - all she had to do was take a hike and hand off. I think any of our backups could have done that

Is your grandma Betty White?

This. He stunk early and was 0 for 4. He then completed 10 of his next 13 and that included two drops. Nice job, "fans."

He still stinks.

Whenever your home crowd boos you (loudly) i think thats a sign to just go away, he didnt get that hint.

He still stinks.

Whenever your home crowd boos you (loudly) i think thats a sign to just go away, he didnt get that hint.

I'm not sure what you want him to do? It's Brewster that keeps him in the game. The moment our QB gives up and benches himself is the day our program goes down the drain if you ask me. I admire how he continues to fight and really give it everything he's got. If coach felt it was time to yank Weber, he'd have done it. Personally, I have faith in Weber and will continue to cheer for his and by extension, the Gophers' success.

We watched the game, I'm not sure you did. I saw 10 out of 17. I saw clutch completions when we really needed them. You saw what you had already decided to see.

Top Bottom