KC and AK

How do i find the archives that showed how eager GHolers were to have him under center at UM? Let's move on to other topics.
That's not fair. I never liked him and have the receipts. He was the same guy from start to finish in this time at MN and he's the same guy now: https://gopherhole.com/boards/threads/athan-kaliakmanis-struggles.108664/post-2584840

For some reason the Star Tribune, Ryan Burns, and Coney Durr decided he was a 'generational talent' at QB despite the overwhelming evidence available to anyone with eyes. Most people who watch closely knew he sucked. There was a vocal minority of morons that thought otherwise.

Last edited:

That's not fair. I never liked him and have the receipts. He was the same guy from start to finish in this time at MN and he's the same guy now: https://gopherhole.com/boards/threads/athan-kaliakmanis-struggles.108664/post-2584840

For some reason the Star Tribune, Ryan Burns, and Coney Durr decided he was a 'generational talent' at QB despite the overwhelming evidence available to anyone with eyes. Most people who watch closely knew he sucked. There was a vocal minority of morons that thought otherwise.

I don't know about all this "generational talent" stuff, but I'll own up to posting that Kaliakmanis might be good as the Gopher QB... and I'll admit that I was wrong about that.

You, on the other hand, were incredibly, amazingly prescient. Well done.

Let’s hear his top two at each of those positions. Pretty sure he had no one get drafted that he recruited at those positions except Tyler Johnson who actually signed with Claeys.
OL. Olson, Schlueter, Greene, Weyler and Pirsig all probably start for us ahead of our current fellas other than 69. Ko Kieft was an honorary OL.

AK really doesn’t have that much talent.
He can’t run.
He had one good game against Wisconsin 2 seasons ago where the gopher wideouts had a ton of YAC.

Excluding that Wisconsin game
Vs power 5 in games he played about half the game or more
He has 4/17 games with a 60% completion percentage
14 touchdowns 12 ints

Including it he is 5/18 games with a 60% completion percentage
16 touchdowns 12ints

I’ll forever love him for that Wisconsin game but he is simply and inaccurate passer
He regressed for some reason. Coaching probably had something to do with it. Losing his confidence was obvious and key to his poor performance last year. I feel for the kid but without a thick skin, QB is not the best position to play in football.

I like that Jerry Kill to Diego Pavia with him to Vanderbilt and beat AL. Jerry. Simply amazing how at his MN stop he could not find a QB.
How long has Minnesota been playing football? Mitch leidner was top 5 in almost every QB category in the history of our program. Still getting no credit for anything. 3rd ever in total offensive yards. I would say he had a QB.

How long has Minnesota been playing football? Mitch leidner was top 5 in almost every QB category in the history of our program. Still getting no credit for anything. 3rd ever in total offensive yards. I would say he had a QB.
these things are always super tough when you only look at cumulative stats. getting to play 4 seasons, even if you're a poor QB (I'm not saying Mitch was; think he was a solid dual threat QB that someone like a Colin Klein down at K State would've utilized better than we did) you can rack up some big time stats.

Adam Weber is 3rd all time in the Big Ten in passing yards for a career. Not for MN, in the entire Big Ten. Taulia Tagovailoa (MDs former QB) is #1.

Realistically he had some guys who looked like they could be something (Nelson, Shortell) but never really had a "gamebreaker" back there which is how a lower tier team swings up a tier. Mitch was absolutely a gamer, but never really took a game over. Pavia has done that multiple times in his career even though he'll probably never play a snap in the NFL

OL. Olson, Schlueter, Greene, Weyler and Pirsig all probably start for us ahead of our current fellas other than 69. Ko Kieft was an honorary OL.
Did any of these guys even make second team all conference? I would hope a coaches best oline recruits over half a dozen years would mostly start over another coaches random one year starters.

He regressed for some reason. Coaching probably had something to do with it. Losing his confidence was obvious and key to his poor performance last year. I feel for the kid but without a thick skin, QB is not the best position to play in football.
He hasn’t regressed. He is about the same as he was

AK still has 0 career starts against FBS opponents where he completed passes to more receivers than the opposing QB. He was 0 for 17 here at it and is 0 for 4 at Rutgers too. (he did achieve it in their opener vs FCS Howard after Rutgers put subs in)

Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen are the two best passing QBs in the world right now and neither have a receiver you want on your fantasy team. Tom Brady never supported a star receiver other than Randy Moss. The best QBs spread it around and process all their reads and that's AK's biggest flaw.

Brosmer is 3-1-2 at that stat, btw
Speak for yourself. I still have Don Beebe stashed on my bench just in case.

Streaky thrower, horrible under pressure and the first half to second half meltdowns were epic. I’m genuinely interested if KC can whisper him into a good QB or if he just is who he is.

The more I watch this game, the more I feel KC was more of a factor in the boring offense than I previously thought. 4th and 1 in the red zone and runs out of the shotgun. Makes zero sense.

The more I watch this game, the more I feel KC was more of a factor in the boring offense than I previously thought. 4th and 1 in the red zone and runs out of the shotgun. Makes zero sense.
sure looked like a schiano call about establishing dominance and identity imo

I had to click just to see what the topic of this thread is. Neither person described is big enough, famous enough, or important enough for me to know who they are by their initials.

I had to click just to see what the topic of this thread is. Neither person described is big enough, famous enough, or important enough for me to know who they are by their initials.
Really?

Just turned on the Wisconsin/Rutgers game and saw Kaliakmanis throw a rocket into coverage that the first Wisconsin guy was in the position to intercept, but the second Wisconsin guy was there for the deflection. There is a such a thing as trusting your arm too much and that applies to Kaliakmanis.

Did you watch the games?

Rutgers 4-0 start was apparently a smokescreen created by burning garbage.

I’ve seen enough 2024 Rutgers football to convincingly determine 2023 Kaliakmanis = 2024 Kaliakmanis. That being said, he is just good enough to beat Wisconsin and look good in 2022 and probably still has a talent level to look good enough to beat the Gophers in 2024 if our lads play poorly.

1728758072946.png

Easy to root against Rutgers. AK might be the worst quarterback to ever strap it on for the Gophers. Led us to an epically terrible and boring year last year. The parts of PJ that I dislike are the ones generally that he picked up from Schiano so to hell with that guy. And, KC left us twice and there are a couple other coaching defectors from PJ on the staff just fun to watch the whole crew crater. Pretty much, there is zero chance for a big 10 team to be successful against any sort of quality opponent with AK as the gunslinger.

Top Bottom