Juwan Howard

1) Inside 2 minutes to take a 3. Down to a few seconds etc. that is a different story. No issues with me, game is still going.
2) Curious as to what the two coaches are saying to each other.
3) If the Wisconsin 2nd stringers had trouble with Michigan's starters, coach had a right to get things under control to make it a better teaching moment for the 2nd stringers. Shatters your confidence if you don't.
4) Howard should have never done what he did. This wasn't enough to provoke his action in my opinion. If you don't like getting beat on the court, then get better and beat them the 2nd time around. Not the first time that a team hasn't gotten beat and some other activity is going on
during the game.

Howard should get the rest of the year, Gard won't get more than a game or two at the most, if that. It was Gard's fault in escalated because Howard was going to walk by but in the end Howard was the one who totally lost his head and took a swing at another coach.
All Gard had to do was walk by. For Gard to grab Howard by the arm and start pointing at him. Gard started the scene and he didn’t deescalate things by telling his players to stop . I’m not defending Howard or Michigan actions either.

Not sure but i saw the last three minutes at a restaurant with no audio- sconnie was up big inside two minutes and one of their guys takes a three and makes it - then he started grand standing after that - told my wife that was a bush move to take a three up 20. After that howard put the press on and started fouling. Told my wife to watch the hand shake line because there were definitely going to be words - i love it when i tell my wife something and I’m right :)

from my perspective sconnie was yet again living below the line - no need to take a three there and then grand stand on top of it
So, you're implying the 3 pt shot by WI in the last 2 minutes caused MI to put on the press which caused WI to call a timeout and eventually caused Howard to throw a punch. Quite a stretch to connect those dots.

Last edited:

I’ll bet Krabbenhoft spit on JH. That’s what happened to Corky Taylor if you remember. 🤭

Juwan Howard come on man. Class act.

All Gard had to do was walk by. For Gard to grab Howard by the arm and start pointing at him. Gard started the scene and he didn’t deescalate things by telling his players to stop . I’m not defending Howard or Michigan actions either.

Maybe you are missing that Howard dropped the mask in the shake line and barked at Gard first. Gard yelled back at him because Howard was not only being an a** by pressing the backups but he was making a big show (before the shake line) about being hurt that Wisconsin called timeout for their backups to prepare for Michigan's press.

Don't think the 3 point shot had anything to do with this. Michigan was still playing defense and Wisc shot near the end of the shot clock (it was under 1 minute so Wisconsin didn't need to but I suspect Howard would have btchd if they held the ball and complained the Wisconsin was showing them up). Did WI celebrate? Sure -- usual end of game stuff.

It looked like Howard was going to quickly move past Gard until he grabbed him and escalated it. Krabbenhoft then further escalated it. Howard cannot throw a punch under any circumstances. All should be severely punished.
Immediate media reaction is all against Juwan. They should all be punished but exonerating Wisconsin without the other side of the story isn’t just. I think Wisconsin showed up Michigan and while punching them is over the line, they should not be portrayed as innocent victims.

Howard was likely pissed because Gard called a timeout inside 30 seconds up big when Michigan was still pressing Wisconsin's scrubs. It was a fairly clean game so I can't think of anything else that would have set him off.
And Howard left his starters in and pressed

When Wisky played Indiana last week, Indiana skipped the handshake line, something was going to break out there based on the dust ups during the game. Juwan would have been wise to follow Mike Woodson's path in this case.

Indiana skipped the handshake line with the Gophers too. I'm going to guess they do that all of the time? Not sure though, I don't watch many Indiana games.

Last edited:

Calling a time out with 15 seconds left up 15 or so is stupid. Gard was clearly trying to rub his nose in it a little bit. What’s the worst that can happen? Did he really think Michigan was going to pull up a 15 point play?

Maybe you are missing that Howard dropped the mask in the shake line and barked at Gard first. Gard yelled back at him because Howard was not only being an a** by pressing the backups but he was making a big show (before the shake line) about being hurt that Wisconsin called timeout for their backups to prepare for Michigan's press.

Don't think the 3 point shot had anything to do with this. Michigan was still playing defense and Wisc shot near the end of the shot clock (it was under 1 minute so Wisconsin didn't need to but I suspect Howard would have btchd if they held the ball and complained the Wisconsin was showing them up). Did WI celebrate? Sure -- usual end of game stuff.
Gard did more than just yell back at him. He grabbed his arm and got in front of Howard.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t shake with my left hand like Gard did when he approached/grabbed Howard. Again, both parties need to walk the line and go to the showers.

Gard should not have called timeout? Geez. I expect that Seth Davis has no idea what was going on and probably thinks there's something to Howard's timeout complaint. Not like Wisc was calling to timeout to set up an alleyoop out of the inbounds.

Not only that but a head coach threw the first punch. Howard is done at Michigan.
Regardless of how Howard felt - and lord knows the Badgers often deserve a punch in the face - that a head coach did it is pretty ridiculous. He needs to be a leader of men, and ended up showing them exactly how NOT to lead.

Not sure but i saw the last three minutes at a restaurant with no audio- sconnie was up big inside two minutes and one of their guys takes a three and makes it - then he started grand standing after that - told my wife that was a bush move to take a three up 20. After that howard put the press on and started fouling. Told my wife to watch the hand shake line because there were definitely going to be words - i love it when i tell my wife something and I’m right :)

from my perspective sconnie was yet again living below the line - no need to take a three there and then grand stand on top of it
Typical jagoffs that they are.

Last edited:

Top Bottom