Just In Case Ya Got Nothing Better To Do:

Eastern Washington or Sam Houston. Either one, I hope they lay 60 points on those pukes.

I think NDS would hold up well against Eden Prairie, or Edina.

That's the beauty of it. You have some turd in the stands who bought a sheet of tagboard at Walmart that says, "We Want Bama" and they've been taken to the mat two weeks in a row by a team that ran a novelty offense...in their building. They are an outstanding lower level team...just like my 9-man team was.

I lost it when I saw that sign. Uncontrollable laughter.

They get Kansas State next year so we can finally get an answer on August 31, 2013.

An impressive victory. No question that the Gophers would be a better squad with MN kids Jirik, Olson, Littlejohn, Williams, Turner, Crockett, Vraa on the roster. I think they are all Jrs. as well as Jensen. Brewster was too busy licking his chops at all the 4*'s he wanted to bring in rather than looking in his backyard.

The Bison fans have a lot to cheer about and I hope they can get another title.

Its cool on GH to hate NDSU. That's OK but, admit it, they have something going that the Gophers may never have.

I'm an old ND boy so go ahead and take your shots.

moderator: can you please move this thread to its appropriate place in the off-topic forum or better yet lock it? we all just had this discussion yesterday about completely non-relevant to gopher football threads like this being strategically started and placed in the gopher football forum by the usual suspects. and here we have another thread started intentionally and in complete disregard for the moderation of the gopher football forum that YOU did JUST YESTERDAY when you cleaned up non-relevant to gopher football threads. as is always the case, this thread has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with gopher football. NOTHING.

i am not asking you to be spiteful, i am just asking you to please be consistent here. don't let these types of threads slide or they will continue to be posted and you will continue to be asked to moderate and/or lock them appropriately. please take this unrelated to gopher football thread and move it to its rightful place (off-topic board) or please lock it. that is the appropriate thing to do if one is the moderator. otherwise you know and we all know that the usual suspects will purposely and needlessly attempt to keep it going long-term in the GOPHER FOOTBALL FORUM.

so let's please end this silly charade of a thread already. and please don't ask me to PM you with this type of stuff. it needs to be brought to your greater attention PUBLICLY for anything to actually happen.

thank you for your consistent and well done moderation of these forums. it is appreciated.

Give it up supadupafly. 40+ GH-ers think differently.

If this thread is removed, then all the threads about the Wisky HC job, the Tommies, and other schools should go too. I think there is adequate interest in other programs that warrants threads on GH.

Give it up supadupafly. 40+ GH-ers think differently.

If this thread is removed, then all the threads about the Wisky HC job, the Tommies, and other schools should go too. I think there is adequate interest in other programs that warrants threads on GH.

actually i think you and the usual ndsu suspects need to give it up. it is just the same 10 or 20 no dak natives (some who have absolutely no allegiance or interest in GOPHER football and are just trolling) viewing and replying back and forth to each other. but you keep on believing there is actual legitimate interest in non-gopher related ndsu football on this board if it makes you feel better.

the wisky threads should absolutely not be moved. it is relevant to gopher football. they are in our conference.

i do agree with you that the st. thomas threads are probably better placed in the off-topic forum. or if the moderator wants to make it easier for everyone they really should just create a "threads about other teams" forum so we don't have to have this same conversation every month with the usual suspects.

unless i am mistaken, THIS IS A GOPHER FOOTBALL BOARD! NOT A GENERAL FOOTBALL DISCUSSION BOARD and just post away about whatever not-relevant to gopher football team or teams that you would like all day long.

Why are you so butt hurt about it? It's just a message board. Get over it.

and the beautiful thing about supadup is that he is too lazy to use capital letters. i think that makes him really cool. don't you guys? then again, maybe he doesn't know how to capitalize letters to start a sentence. maybe that's it. ok, this makes me cool like supadup. i am pickled tink.

in fact, supadup started a thread friday reaming on the gh mods for not monitoring gopherhole threads carefully enough. i replied, and soon his new thread was deleted. but i think that is because he never uses capital letters unless he is sober. here's to supadup: :drink:

Which would mean what? That the Gophers who have lost twice to NDSU in the past 6 years, or two out of three games in the past 7 years, and have been outscored by NDSU in those three games by a total of 73-55 would not hold up well against EP or Edina? I thought that was what you were trying to say. Kudos dickhead.

supadupapoopa, it's time to take your medicine. We want to talk about things that interest us, not just topics on your approved list!

An impressive victory. No question that the Gophers would be a better squad with MN kids Jirik, Olson, Littlejohn, Williams, Turner, Crockett, Vraa on the roster. I think they are all Jrs. as well as Jensen. Brewster was too busy licking his chops at all the 4*'s he wanted to bring in rather than looking in his backyard.

Every team in the nation would be better if they could look into a crystal ball and see what kind of players recruits would be as juniors. As discussed over and over and over, several of those players had academic issues and wouldn't have been accepted into the U.

The Bison fans have a lot to cheer about and I hope they can get another title.

That's just fine if you feel that way.

Its cool on GH to hate NDSU.

It's annoying that so many people think NDSU is relevant to the Gophers football message board.

That's OK but, admit it, they have something going that the Gophers may never have.

You're right, the Gophers will never win a FCS championship. To say this is jealously is ridiculous. Do you not think there would be the same response on NDSU's message board if a bunch of Gopher fans went on there to discuss how good the U basketball team is doing right now?

"Do you not think there would be the same response on NDSU's message board if a bunch of Gopher fans went on there to discuss how good the U basketball team is doing right now?"

We don't have to worry about that. ndsugopherfan is covering for us. :)

It was embarrassing to lose to the Bison. No Gopher fan liked that. I was pi$$ed. That should not happen but it did and easily could have the first time we played as well.

So what does that tell me? That tells me that the Bison have had better teams than the Gophers. Its hard to deny the facts. Said that, i doubt if the Gophers would have won a FCS Championship. IMO, they weren't good enough and maybe not with this squad either.

IMO, threads such as NDSU are relevant as they have been on our schedule and we compete for recruits. I think what annoys certain Gopher fans is that NDSU handled the Gophers. NDSU has earned their bragging rights.

Football is football and dominant teams, such as NDSU, have earned my respect. So has St. Thomas, UMD and others.

Why is that so difficult of a concept to grasp?

It was embarrassing to lose to the Bison. No Gopher fan liked that. I was pi$$ed. That should not happen but it did and easily could have the first time we played as well.

Nothing to disagree with here.

So what does that tell me? That tells me that the Bison have had better teams than the Gophers. Its hard to deny the facts. Said that, i doubt if the Gophers would have won a FCS Championship. IMO, they weren't good enough and maybe not with this squad either.

It's so stupid to even make that statement because it's impossible to ever know. NDSU won the NC last year, and the Gophers were absolutely brutal, especially early in the year. NDSU was probably better last year, this year who the hell knows. I do know the Gophers are much better now than they were early in the year last year. Either way, again, it's stupid IMO to even discuss it because it's impossible to really know.

IMO, threads such as NDSU are relevant as they have been on our schedule and we compete for recruits.

They were not on our schedule this year and are not on our future schedule. Saying they compete for recruits is kinda half true. The Gophers don't lose any recruits with a scholarship offer to NDSU. The only thing they compete against each other for are those who have a preferred walk-on from the U and a scholarship from NDSU.

I think what annoys certain Gopher fans is that NDSU handled the Gophers.
Handled probably isn't the best word, but yes it is annoying that the Gophers have lost to them. It's also annoying for people to troll on a Gophers board, and others who expect all Gopher fans to like NDSU for some reason. I actually usually cheer for the Bison to some extent since my sister went to school there a few years, but I've been driven to cheer against them.

NDSU has earned their bragging rights.

That still doesn't mean all Gopher fans have to care.

Football is football and dominant teams, such as NDSU, have earned my respect. So has St. Thomas, UMD and others.

Why is that so difficult of a concept to grasp?

That's great. No one has said you can't have respect and/or cheer for those programs. It just doesn't relate to the Gophers. Why is that so difficult of a concept to grasp?

-------------------- END OF THREAD --------------------

I was disgusted leaving tcf after we got beat by ndsu again. But I have no hate in my heart for ndsu. I actually respect the way they play and enjoyed lasts nights game quite a bit. Sam Houston at eastern Washington is on espnu at 3 today btw. Good football is good football.

This is such a weird discussion.

We're talking about a team that is geographically close to Minnesota, which the Gophers have played three times in the last few years, which beat the Gophers last year, and which is competing for a national championship right now. This is a legit topic.

Why do I keep reading that we shouldn't expect people to care about the Bison? Who does that? I don't expect you to care about things you don't care about! Why do you think you can dictate what other people care about?

Top Bottom