JOSHUA OLA-JOSEPH A GOPHER!!

So we have three types of people who post on here....positive fans who are glass is half full.....fans who have a little more negative mindset but are still good fans.....and those who are trolls and not fans of the program but pretend to be....it's pretty obvious which one you are....
Exactly. I just love the people that break down highlight videos. I'm 52 years old I'll shoot 100 3 pointers and only show you the 26 that I hit. Lol people will be telling me what a nice stroke I have lol I love how people say by watching a highlight video that they arent great athletes and are slow lol

He's only 6'6" - if he is a 4 in the big ten...yikes. I would be okay with a run and gun lineup...but people who are 6'6" have to be freak athletes...otherwise they will get lost in the beef of the big ten
always thought it was more about the fight in the dog

T02CS9RJK-U01NK821BD5-ef7134e6841c-512.jpg

Doogie asking him if his growth plates are still open was very strange.. haha. Good old doogie
I've always thought that is a weird question to ask recruits, who goes to their doctor and asks to get an x-ray to check out their growth plates. Unless their is some medical condition it doesn't seem like something to do for the extra radiation and I can't imagine insurance would pay for it for such a random reason. The question always bugs me too.

I've always thought that is a weird question to ask recruits, who goes to their doctor and asks to get an x-ray to check out their growth plates. Unless their is some medical condition it doesn't seem like something to do for the extra radiation and I can't imagine insurance would pay for it for such a random reason. The question always bugs me too.
I think a lot of taller athletes have conversations with their doctors about their growth plates to be honest.

I think a lot of taller athletes have conversations with their doctors about their growth plates to be honest.
I am sure you are right, it is just the presumptiousness of asking if the person's growth plates are open. The only way I am aware this could be done is x-ray or some other medical imaging. It wouldn't bug me as much he just asked if he knows whether or not he is finished growing. It is knitpicky I know, thanks.

I am sure you are right, it is just the presumptiousness of asking if the person's growth plates are open. The only way I am aware this could be done is x-ray or some other medical imaging. It wouldn't bug me as much he just asked if he knows whether or not he is finished growing. It is knitpicky I know, thanks.
Most times in the past, he does ask if they know if they are done growing and then mentions growth plates, but I hear ya. Doogie is obviously a little socially awkward at times lol.

Most times in the past, he does ask if they know if they are done growing and then mentions growth plates, but I hear ya. Doogie is obviously a little socially awkward at times lol.
It was odd to me but Ola-Joseph answered without flinching and relayed the doctors saying he could get to 6’8”. Maybe it’s more common in the D1 front court prospect world.

It was odd to me but Ola-Joseph answered without flinching and relayed the doctors saying he could get to 6’8”. Maybe it’s more common in the D1 front court prospect world.
I coached for many years and it was common with tall kids in general from my experience.

Should we be worried about his transfer to a California school?

We weren't worried when Treyton went to La Lumiere. Like Treyton, I feel like he just really wants to be a Gopher.

If he's doing it to improve his game I'm all for it. That being said, I have no idea what the level of competition will be. I saw on Twitter it's where Gary Trent Jr. went too.

I think we should be encouraged, speaks to how badly he wants to be good sacrificing all the off the court senior year activities to focus on ball. Prolific Prep’s done a really nice job developing guys too, he’ll be pushed everyday in practice.

I think we should be encouraged, speaks to how badly he wants to be good sacrificing all the off the court senior year activities to focus on ball. Prolific Prep’s done a really nice job developing guys too, he’ll be pushed everyday in practice.
Understandable. I just worry about a decommit with more national exposure.

I just watched a few of his mix-taps on youtube...is it me or does it seem like he moves in slow motion (not good for big ten) and has a really loose handle?
Interesting take...I can see where you're coming from. I have seen Kendall Brown play live multiple times and always thought the same thing about him (I know, he's not Kendall Brown, but similar postion and size). I think its their length that skews the view. Regardless, this is an awesome get for the Gophs!

He's only 6'6" - if he is a 4 in the big ten...yikes. I would be okay with a run and gun lineup...but people who are 6'6" have to be freak athletes...otherwise they will get lost in the beef of the big ten

He's a tweener, or a combo if you prefer. I'd prefer he was 6'8" but he is what he is. Murphy was the same height, and J'son Stamper was shorter than JOJ. I expect JOJ will be a career grinder/high energy role player off the bench. Every teams needs guys like that. I think he's a poor man's Rodney Williams.

I don't ask about the growth plates in my hair follicles anymore. Of course I'm not tall, or an athlete.

He's a tweener, or a combo if you prefer. I'd prefer he was 6'8" but he is what he is. Murphy was the same height, and J'son Stamper was shorter than JOJ. I expect JOJ will be a career grinder/high energy role player off the bench. Every teams needs guys like that. I think he's a poor man's Rodney Williams.
Better shooter and better in the post

Important to remember that modern day basketball is as close to 'positionless' as it's ever been. Meaning it doesn't really matter if you see him as a '3' or a '4', because he's one of several forward/wing players we will have on the roster.

Baylor just won a national championship using a rotation of 3-4 guards and 4-5 forwards on the team who all saw meaningful minutes - they were never concerned with with forward was a '3' and which was a '4'.

Top Bottom