JohnnyGopher - White

I think you meant to type basketball and not baseball. Marcus Williams didn't even play baseball in HS. But yes, Marcus Williams in Fargo, North Dakota hasn't been an easy transition from what I understand. I have a number of "connections" in Fargo, and there is ZERO chatter up there about potentially adding the first 4/5 star recruit (Royce White) in Summit League history. Royce White would instantly average 19 points and 10 rebounds per game as a freshman at NDSU, but it has no chance of happening. Period.

Alright thanks for the info on everything. If Royce somehow went there, they would be a tourny team, I bet, every year he is there.

Why isnt Marcus Williams on the roster for either basketball or football? Was he on the sidelines/bench at all this year? I have a friend on the NDSU basketball team, he is a walk on this year, so he wasnt on the roster, but what about Marcus? I could always ask my friend I guess too, but I come here instead haha :D

DD already has a football scholly and doesn't need a BB one. Maybe RW could get a football scholly and be a part time receiver until BB starts?

What the hell are you talking about?

Can you repost that in English?

Cobbs has a big 10 body though. Built more like McCamey from Illinois. He has pretty good handles, if he cuts out the silly mistakes, and learns how to use his body in the lane, I think he can be a very serviceable point guard. He is a true freshman, I think people are way too hard on the kid.

Cobbs could improve a lot and be an a very good PG for the Gophers. I hope he stays but there has been a lot of idle chatter here about him going back to CA to be closer to family.

Can you repost that in English?

DD already has a football scholly and doesn't need a BB one. Maybe RW could get a football scholly and be a part time receiver until BB starts?

Dominique Dawson. Basketball. Royce White. Basketball.

Dominique Dawson doesn't have a football scholly? Where the hell did you come up with that idagopher?

Dawson has a football scholarship? That's news to me.

Not that I'm aware of. I was just filling in the blanks for DD. BB. RW. BB.

OK. :)

I have not said much lately. So much Idiot Wind displayed though from what I have read on several threads. :blah: :blah: :blah: However, there are gazillions of comments that make me wonder what the hell, does anyone know a damned thing? :banghead: :horse:

But I will say some things...Ignorance is bliss, beer is good, and there have been a lot of brain cells killed recently.

Amen.

Looking at the title of this thread I thought JG was going to give a recommendation of which white wine goes best with Walleye.

I wouldn't mind a black label right about now. Need to work on getting old like Doc did so I can drink right now.

I wouldn't mind a black label right about now. Need to work on getting old like Doc did so I can drink right now.

Gopher it, monk. Some say getting old is not condusive to one. But it sure beats the hell out of the alternative. God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy!!!!!!

Dominique Dawson does NOT already have a football scholarship. Bryant allen does. Dawson played football in high school but does NOT play for the gophers.

The second point he made was ridiculous too! Has RW ever played football before? Why would Brewster want that distraction on his team?

The second point he made was ridiculous too! Has RW ever played football before? Why would Brewster want that distraction on his team?

Because he's a 'tremendous' athlete with 'exciting' size and strength?

Saluki. Marcus Williams had to sit this year out because of academics:

Marcus Williams is scheduled and ready to play Football this fall (fall rosters not updated until Aug1) and Basketball.

NDSU had AP player of the year in Minnesota coming in, with Waterloo's Trayvonn Wright (harrison barnes-Carolina teammate).. Marcus to Royce on the alley opps, just like HS days @ hopkins!! DJ Pederson from hopkins has an offer from NDSU as well.

Imagine if you will this NDSU lineup in basketball:

Marcus Williams
Micheal Twiedt 6 8 summit player of the year next year
Trayvonn Wright
Royce White
Marshall Bjorklund.

THAT team could beat the gophers.

Harrison Barnes - Trayonne Wright

It's getting a little off-topic, but Harrison Barnes is not a team-mate of Trayonne Wright. Waterloo is about 95 miles north and east of Ames.

It's getting a little off-topic, but Harrison Barnes is not a team-mate of Trayonne Wright. Waterloo is about 95 miles north and east of Ames.

They actually have been teammates - AAU ball. You're talking strictly about high school.

Marcus Williams
Trayvonn Wright
Royce White
Marshall Bjorklund.

Final Four, 2010. Go Jackrabbits!

Royce White, Music Man

Few can question Royce's basketball talent, but it never has been an issue of talent.

Royce is a terribly confused young man. His passion seems to be with making music, and not on the court.

Personally, I doubt Royce is mature enough to play with the Gophers next season. My own suspicion is that Tubby's to-do list for Royce includes some means for demonstrating that he has matured and that his passion and priorities are geared towards basketball.

Also, why contemplate eking out a scholarship by taking one from someone else when the person you would be giving it to has quit the program in the recent past?

False. And there's no chance Royce goes there anyway.

Marcus Williams is scheduled and ready to play Football this fall (fall rosters not updated until Aug1) and Basketball.

NDSU had AP player of the year in Minnesota coming in, with Waterloo's Trayvonn Wright (harrison barnes-Carolina teammate).. Marcus to Royce on the alley opps, just like HS days @ hopkins!! DJ Pederson from hopkins has an offer from NDSU as well.

Marcus Williams
Trayvonn Wright
Royce White
Marshall Bjorklund.

Lakes that team couldn't beat the Gophers..The only BT quality player in that line up in RW, and Trevor would demolish him.

If Royce wants to return and Tubby wants him back, there will be a scholarship. Not an issue.

Royce, Trevor and Al and scholly reserved for Cory, makes 4 and if Cobbs transfers thats five. The chances of us getting Al, Trevor and Cory next year is low and after Trevor's trial occurs, he should know the likelihood of those three playing for the Gophers and if Royce wants to come back, Tubby would likely let him. We don't need Walker unless either Cobbs transfers or one of Al, Trevor, Royce or Cory won't be playing for Gophers.

If Royce wants to return and Tubby wants him back, there will be a scholarship. Not an issue.

Royce, Trevor and Al and scholly reserved for Cory, makes 4 and if Cobbs transfers thats five. The chances of us getting Al, Trevor and Cory next year is low and after Trevor's trial occurs, he should know the likelihood of those three playing for the Gophers and if Royce wants to come back, Tubby would likely let him. We don't need Walker unless either Cobbs transfers or one of Al, Trevor, Royce or Cory won't be playing for Gophers.

Not sure if you read what JG said, but he stated that unless Royce goes to Tubby in the next month or w/e he won't be returning.

Basically what it comes down to is the Gophers are done waiting and worrying about Royce White and what he will do. They have moved on and are going about there business of recruiting under the assumption that he is not coming back. If Royce wants back on the team, he will have to reach out to Tubby and convince him that he is 100% committed to the program, then there is a decent chance he will be let back, so far there has been very little effort to do that and nobody is holding there breath. Trevor is a different case and they are recruiting some guys as a backup plan in the event he doesn't resolve his court issues. They need Trevor's case to be dealt with soon though before it drags past the signing period and then there options would be severely limited. Nolen completely controls his own destiny as to whether he will make it back. He still has work to do and needs to work ALOT harder than he did last year and stay away from XBox. I hope he is back and my gut feeling is he will be but it's not a sure thing. If the Gophers don't get Cory, what is the backup plan? Well, thats a very good question and right now I have no idea. Haven't been many guards mentioned, a juco would be an option but risky. I doubt they can get back in the McCallum mix, no unsigned MN guards who would be good enough, Jordair Jett may be the only one still unsigned who could play right away.

Marcus Williams
Trayvonn Wright
Royce White
Marshall Bjorklund.

I've known Royce casually for a few years now, and anyone who has ever met him knows he couldn't live in Fargo. He's a big city kid through and through.

Top Bottom