Jimmy Gjere a Gopher commit!

Can he start yesterday?

Studwell, yesterday Tubby completed a season sweep of the Gophers two biggest rivals, Iowa and Wisconsin. Hopefully one day the State University of Minnesota's football team can actually beat a rival and actually win a big game at home. For gosh sakes, the Gopher basketball program let's them wear the same colors, at least they could beat a rival from time to time ;)

Studwell, yesterday Tubby completed a season sweep of the Gophers two biggest rivals, Iowa and Wisconsin. Hopefully one day the State University of Minnesota's football team can actually beat a rival and actually win a big game at home. For gosh sakes, the Gopher basketball program let's them wear the same colors, at least they could beat a rival from time to time ;)

State University of Minnesota? Are you talking about Mankato? They wear purple. Maybe this is a reference to the Screaming Eagles...they weren't real. It was just a tv show.

You can make this your sig if you would like and hold me to it: Minnesota will beat Wisconsin in football in 2009.

I know it won't get the fanfare that Seantrell will when/if he commits but this is a huge get for Coach Brewster and Minnesota. Gjere is a monster yet has great footwork, much like Seantrell. They consider Gjere every bit the prospect that Henderson is and think both can be dominate lineman in the Big Ten. His offer list would of blown up if he decided to wait but I think once his film gets out to the recruiting "experts" that he will get the praise and ratings he deserves.

2010 is a really strong class for Minnesota, especially at the top 5, and this is a great first step to locking it down, and no matter what comes out from other teams fans and writers, don't think for a second Minnesota isn't a major player for Seantrell Henderson.

I am so incredibly glad with this commit. I think he'll be a great one. It's just a shame that since he committed early and to us, he will probably fall into the same trap that Moses did with the recruiting services and not get as much attention. But it doesn't matter. Gjere being rated a 3 or 4 star does not change him. He's a great pickup no matter what they say. Welcome to gopher nation, Jimmy!

This is Huge!

Gjere is not only a National recruit, but he gets it. He's a Minnesota boy. Or should he say young man. He is a top 3 recruit in the state and having committed he could be in conversation with Henderson or Allen. There is a recruiting network that develops around these guys. They know all the talent and want to help recruit others. The connection with Henderson is not only direct with Coach Brewer and Coach Davis, but also with Gjere, Nance, Carufel, Salamon, Tavale, and Allen. He has seen Mr. Z's comments and committment. Once committed each player wants to help make his class the best.

Top Bottom