Jimmy Gjere a Gopher commit!

Stan

Reaction score
Great news. He is a great foundation for the oline future.

Tim Davis has to be drooling!

Great news. He is a great foundation for the oline future.

Tim Davis has to be drooling!

Is this official or is this still a rumor from the Scout board?

This is great news if true. Let's reel these Minny kids in early, get some momentum.

Still waiting for confirmation, but sounds good if true!!!!:D

I think it's legit. As I posted in another thread, one of the Irondale assistant coaches told his roommate/ my buddy that he committed this morning to Brewster. I trust him...

Star Tribune blog has it

Strib blog has the Gjere commit - that makes it reasonably official in my mind :D

Bigtime commit for the Golden Gophers. The momentum is starting to build.

can you believe it? momentum, in MARCH!

Great news! Brew is off to another fast start in recruiting, I like it.

Okay, now Rivals is reporting it.

Good news!!!! Gotta keep the momentum going!!!

Woo-hoo!! This is great news!! Hopefully Beau is not too far behind!

I woke up, rolled over turned on my laptop fired up my etrade account to see more negatives...Then I run to GI hoping for something to cheer me up and Jimmy's big ole face with the heading "Gophers land big #3"!!! I LOVE it!! Brew you are doing some great things with this team. This kid should be in the top 10 tackles for 2010 for sure 4* at least.

Good Start

I thought Gjere was the most likely Gopher commit out of the big 3, but kind of surprising he was the first Minnesota kid to commit. Although he has an offer from Ohio State, I question whether he'll be rated a 4* because he committed this early. It seems like the early Gopher commits sometimes fall off the recruiting map.

Best of luck on your senior season, Jimmy!

Sweet! I love getting great recruiting news in March.

I thought Gjere was the most likely Gopher commit out of the big 3, but kind of surprising he was the first Minnesota kid to commit. Although he has an offer from Ohio State, I question whether he'll be rated a 4* because he committed this early. It seems like the early Gopher commits sometimes fall off the recruiting map.

Best of luck on your senior season, Jimmy!

If all goes well in his senior season he will be playing in a very nice post season game (Under Armour/Army all american) which should help keep his stock high. Having Seantrel in his backyard won't hurt coaches stopping to see him as well.

Yeah, it'll probably lock him in as a high three. But as much fun as the rankings are the real prize is the athlete. And it sounds like we got a darn good one. What a solid start to the year. welcome aboard!

The snowball seems to be picking up momentum...

Yeah, it'll probably lock him in as a high three. But as much fun as the rankings are the real prize is the athlete. And it sounds like we got a darn good one. What a solid start to the year. welcome aboard!

I agree with Schnoodler. I'd certainly love all the buzz that comes along with a Top 10/20 recruiting class, but if we just keep getting good athletes that turn their potential into results on the field, the buzz will take care of itself...because we will be winning.

I also think that there is benefit to getting in-state recruits to commit early. They then become a great resource for getting other in-state kids to stay home. There aren't any rules on how much one HS athlete can talk to another...

Way to go BREW!!!

YES!

Great news! Love to see those Wisconsin and Iowa offers left on the table.

The Gopher Nation is alive and well! Brewster is proving he can recruit. I hope next season he will prove he can coach. I still have some PTSD from attending that Iowa game.

So do a couple of Hawkeye fans from attending a rest room.

Good news! Brewster is building that O-line.

Top Bottom