Jerry Kill to TCU

How come you left out Brewster? Given all of the hate and abuse he took (and still gets) from Gopher fans and the local sports media, none of the coaches you mentioned left Minnesota with as much class and dignity as Brew. To my knowledge he has never said a negative word about the U, the State of Minnesota, or even the weather. Anything I have heard or read about him talking about his time in Minnesota has been all positive. Nevertheless, he continues to be the object of hate and ridicule by GopherHolers and the local sports media. It's pathetic.
The scars run deep on that one. He was hired by an inept athletic director who bought all the smack talk but Tim Brewster had no college coaching experience and was in way over his head. He junked a very successful offense and then changed it around every year with a different coordinator. You are right, he did not badmouth anyone and left with class and that is still the right thing to do. I think it's probably best just to let it go and move on. When he moved on he was never seen or heard from again around here, maybe in the same way that John Gutekunst did. He didn't stay in the area like Mase or go to the bowl game and cheer the team on like Jim Wacker did. It was a brutal failure for Gopher football but I do not think anyone has any hard feelings toward him as a person with the possible exception of Bret Bielema!!

Feel sorry for his poor wife, dragged to all these places! Apparently, he's leaving Claeys behind at Va Tech. When Jerry was OC at Rutgers they had one of the worst offenses in the nation.
I think just the logistics of coaching means many spouses are effectively a coaches...life assistant, managing / overseeing all the things a coach working 12+ hour days can't handle, and all the uncertainty that comes with it.

That's to say they took that job long ago.

How come you left out Brewster? Given all of the hate and abuse he took (and still gets) from Gopher fans and the local sports media, none of the coaches you mentioned left Minnesota with as much class and dignity as Brew. To my knowledge he has never said a negative word about the U, the State of Minnesota, or even the weather. Anything I have heard or read about him talking about his time in Minnesota has been all positive. Nevertheless, he continues to be the object of hate and ridicule by GopherHolers and the local sports media. It's pathetic.
He knows people (a salesman), that is for sure. So he knows the golden rule: why burn a bridge?

You never know when you might want to or may even need to walk back across that bridge one day.

Jerry will probably piss off his old friend at TCU to finish his burning bridges tour.

Top Bottom