Jerry Kill: “Do I miss it as a head coach? Hell yes.”

It has. Jerry has not done himself any favors with his actions since leaving here. Too bad - it makes people forget the great accomplishments and progress he had here.

Yeah, his legacy has taken a hit in recent years. I think in time he will just be looked at as the guy who righted the ship after the Brewster mess but wasn't able to take things to the next level. Very similar to the way Mason is viewed for the work he did taking over the mess he inherited.

Had he taken the high road and not lashed out at the University and Fleck he would have been remembered very fondly by most Gopher fans as someone who was doing good things here but had to step down due to his health.

Yeah, his legacy has taken a hit in recent years. I think in time he will just be looked at as the guy who righted the ship after the Brewster mess but wasn't able to take things to the next level. Very similar to the way Mason is viewed for the work he did taking over the mess he inherited.

Had he taken the high road and not lashed out at the University and Fleck he would have been remembered very fondly by most Gopher fans as someone who was doing good things here but had to step down due to his health.

+1

It has. Jerry has not done himself any favors with his actions since leaving here. Too bad - it makes people forget the great accomplishments and progress he had here.
Kill did some good things here sure. But to use the term “great accomplishments” is just a terrible take. Nothing he did was great. Time to move on.

Last edited:

I think he was a big part in the fundraising for the Athletes Village, I am not sure the facilities would have ever been built without the work he did.
Well probably not without Jerry righting the ship.

Top Bottom