Jedd Fisch Hired At Miami

One this is for sure, we will all be watching how Miami's offense performs next year.

Golden must have thought any school that was dumb enough to let Fisch get away would be a bad place to be HC.

I wonder if all their qbs will be transfering.

I sincerely hope not. He was in charge of one of the worst running games I have ever seen in football. Not too mention the blocking schemes he had in place. Dude should have stayed with the Seahawks in the NFL. Seantrell should sure enjoy his tutelage. Enjoy Miami!

Well, not that Fisch knows or cares but he has an excellent opportunity to prove ME wrong. What did he accomplish in his one year of college OC that would justify him as an OC at Miami?

It's a good thing Seantrel Henderson didn't stay at home to play for a bunch of inept coaches...

Nice, I can't wait to see the Hurricane's run the "Gopher Offense"

Hopefully he learned a lot from his epic failure here.

I think his second go round will go much better. He will have much higher quality athletes to work with in Miami, and hopefully he has reflected on his mistakes.

Everett Withers looked pretty bad here (coming from the Pro game) and the UNC defense has not looked so bad the last couple of years.

Wow! Didn't watch any tape of our offense before he hired him. Amazing.

Miami also hired George McDonald the old gopher receiver coach. Hopefully Golden is a better boss than Brewster was.

gotta admit, the dude knows how to teach QBs the proper way to throw baseballs.

He was not nearly as bad as people in MN like to say. He was a symptom of larger problems.

Rose-

While there were clearly larger problems here, Fisch was indeed as bad as made out to be by the fanbase. Train wreck is being kind.

Yea, but I don't think he was the cause of the trainwreck. He was along for the ride. Fortunately for him, he was smart enough to jump off the train before his career was dead and buried.

I take back everything positive I ever said about Al Golden. I cannot believe this hire.

It will be fun to watch this idiot run the Miaimi offense. The athletes here had a difficult time deciphering all of Jebidiah's signals and play calling, wait until he is dealing with less intelligent players. He will have to dumb down the play calling and signals in order for the players to understand them. One of Weber's criticisms of Jebidiah was that his offense was very difficult to understand and a lot of the players were never on the same page. After seeing this hire, I am glad we have Kill and that Golden turned us down.

He was not nearly as bad as people in MN like to say. He was a symptom of larger problems.

This is both true and false. You're right that he wasn't the cause of the problems. And I get why all sorts of people in football love the guy. It's pretty clear he knows football. His problem was that he didn't know how to lead/teach a college offense. It'll be interesting to see if he learned anything from his failures here.

This is both true and false. You're right that he wasn't the cause of the problems. And I get why all sorts of people in football love the guy. It's pretty clear he knows football. His problem was that he didn't know how to lead/teach a college offense. It'll be interesting to see if he learned anything from his failures here.

That is what I was trying to say. Good work GoAUpher.

There is a reason Pete Carrol wanted him. There is a reason Miami would hire him. His season was dismal here. But that was more on the team than just the OC.

It was his first year calling plays (and he got better as the year went on)
The offensive talent on that team was not good
The offensive line was terrible (and it got much better as the year went on)
QB play was very inconsistent, and while that is definitely partially on the OC, it is also on Brewster for switching systems and Weber for playing inconsistent. I would say QB play was good in 2 games that season, in those games they scored 38 against Michigan State and 32 against Illinois.

He was definitely part of the offensive problem (especially early in the year). But he was far from the whole problem. The offense struggled because of inconsistent QB play (that became more consistent later in the year), poor O-line play (that improved a ton towards the end of the year), and injury to the offenses best player.

He will tone down his offense a little, take what he learned in Minnesota, and do okay in Miami IMO.

He was one of the worst OC's in the history of Gopher FB. He must be a great salesman because his track record here and at seattle was a joke.

Fisch's problems with the Gophers were four straight years of pathetic recruiting classes (all of them Mason's fault), an offensive line who couldn't block for Adrian Peterson, a starting QB who locked on to his receivers like a laser beam and couldn't hit them on the numbers to save his life, and running backs who would not be able to start for UMD. It is amazing how much better a coach is when he has talented players to work with.

In no way was he as bad as everyone makes him out to be. I mean wow.

Our offensive line is, has been and still is COMPLETE TRASH.

Not to mention Adam Weber was his QB (decidedly inconsistent)

He had ZERO running backs with any sort of game breaking talent.

He had Eric Decker and NOTHING else.

He'l be better in Miami.

I don't think you all realize how awful this team, has been and currently is...

Its ALL about the players. Look at Chizik. 5-19 at Iowa St and now he's a National Champion.

Top Bottom