JD Spielman News

AgedFan

Reaction score
I thought it was time to have a thread on JD Spielman.

I expect there will be some news in the near future and I'm tired of checking the original thread only to see posts that have absolutely nothing to do with JD.

Thanks for starting this unnecessary thread, for people to have discussion about no news existing on JDS.

When news does happen, eventually, I'll make sure to post it in the original thread, and not here. Perhaps this thread will get merged into that one.

Ok, just out of curiosity -

Spielman took what was described as a "temporary leave of absence" from Nebraska to deal with a "personal health matter."

Does anybody have any idea what that was all about? Was this health matter anything that might prevent him from playing this season?

I'm not sure if this has ever been reported on.

Granted, I think his dad has access to some fairly decent health-care facilities if needed.....

Spielman took what was described as a "temporary leave of absence" from Nebraska to deal with a "personal health matter."

Does anybody have any idea what that was all about? Was this health matter anything that might prevent him from playing this season?

Granted, I think his dad has access to some fairly decent health-care facilities if needed.....
Angling for a waiver to be immediately eligible and/or get a medical hardship waiver. Something along those lines.

Wild speculation

Unless something changes from what I heard a couple weeks ago, he isn’t coming here. It’s definitely not worth creating a new thread over.

His leaky boat is ready to go that now has Fleck Tape on it to last a few years.

Someone should actually probably start two more official JD threads. One for people who think he's coming and are excited about it, and the other one for naysayers who are certain it's not happening and are annoyed with the rampant speculation.

Why would JD NOT want to play for the Gophers? He can join a team on a big time upswing, he can play in his hometown, in front of his family, he could make a big difference for the Gophers.

He is suffering from Frost bite.

He is using that as argument for a waiver.

Last edited:

Someone should actually probably start two more official JD threads. One for people who think he's coming and are excited about it, and the other one for naysayers who are certain it's not happening and are annoyed with the rampant speculation.
What about one for those that don’t want him because we already have multiple better options?

Unless something changes from what I heard a couple weeks ago, he isn’t coming here. It’s definitely not worth creating a new thread over.
I saw that you said that in the other thread as well; what have you heard that leads you to believe that, and where did you hear what you heard?

To me, it makes logical sense for him to come here BUT I also feel there is dislike for Fleck within the family (have no proof, just a gut feeling) and I felt that point was validated further when Tyler wasn't chosen by the queens even though they ended up drafting a receiver shortly after Johnson was chosen. Both were chosen in the 5th round AND the talking heads felt the receiver from Miami was a reach for the 5th round. Queens could have gotten him later.

Yes, I know, quite the conspiracy theory (certainly considering he needed a solid draft as he's somewhat on the hot seat I think) but I was baffled by the queens on that 3rd day as I really thought (and hoped) Johnson 'might' end up here. Spielman loaded up a dump truck of picks for the remaining day of the draft and I thought we'd see Tyler in purple.

I'd really like to hear what you've heard though as you 'seem' to be plugged into what happens...

I saw that you said that in the other thread as well; what have you heard that leads you to believe that, and where did you hear what you heard?

To me, it makes logical sense for him to come here BUT I also feel there is dislike for Fleck within the family (have no proof, just a gut feeling) and I felt that point was validated further when Tyler wasn't chosen by the queens even though they ended up drafting a receiver shortly after Johnson was chosen. Both were chosen in the 5th round AND the talking heads felt the receiver from Miami was a reach for the 5th round. Queens could have gotten him later.

Yes, I know, quite the conspiracy theory (certainly considering he needed a solid draft as he's somewhat on the hot seat I think) but I was baffled by the queens on that 3rd day as I really thought (and hoped) Johnson 'might' end up here. Spielman loaded up a dump truck of picks for the remaining day of the draft and I thought we'd see Tyler in purple.

I'd really like to hear what you've heard though as you 'seem' to be plugged into what happens...

I honestly can’t say where I heard it, but I can assure you others here have heard it too, even though they aren’t saying anything. Things can change, though. Who knows?

I haven’t heard anything about a dislike for Fleck, but I suppose it’s possible? I think it’s likely that he wants to go somewhere he can be the #1 guy, but that’s just my speculation.

I’m skeptical that he’s a viable NFL prospect at this point, otherwise he probably would have declared last year. He needs to put up some huge numbers this coming season, assuming he plays.

I heard that he entered the transfer portal.

Top Bottom