JD Spielman has taken a personal leave from the Nebraska football team

I was wondering if he knows AJ Barker's mom's BFF personally!
At one point I remember that after AJ left Sid went off about how everyone in that family was so smart (no idea why that was a rant), and how great AJ was and how he would be great elsewhere..... still don't know what that was about.

JD will return to Nebraska and finish his legacy. He's invested too much blood and sweet at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. He has a chance to break a few more records.

JD will return to Nebraska and finish his legacy. He's invested too much blood and sweet at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. He has a chance to break a few more records.
That's what those people want you to believe....

one thing about academics at Nebraska .. someone can be gone , but there .. wink wink , if you know what I mean . Its like no one ever fails or is ineligible at Nebraska . no one ..

one thing about academics at Nebraska .. someone can be gone , but there .. wink wink , if you know what I mean . Its like no one ever fails or is ineligible at Nebraska . no one ..
I knew someone who played for 2 B1G teams.

His description about the amount of help that players get make it seem like unless you're just not trying... you can remain academically eligible. Pretty much everywhere.

The team has said they expect JD to return in the summer. For those following things more closely, has Spielman said anything since the announcement he was taking a leave came out? I don't believe he has and doing a quick Twitter search it does appear he has been active on the platform some but no football mentions recently of any kind that I saw.

Obviously people handle things different ways, but to me, if he were planning on coming back to Nebraska I would think he would have made some comment to that effect on social media once the announcement was made (maybe he has and I missed it). If he in fact has not, that makes me think he will be somewhere else next year, not necessarily Minnesota but not back in Lincoln.

The team has said they expect JD to return in the summer. For those following things more closely, has Spielman said anything since the announcement he was taking a leave came out? I don't believe he has and doing a quick Twitter search it does appear he has been active on the platform some but no football mentions recently of any kind that I saw.

Obviously people handle things different ways, but to me, if he were planning on coming back to Nebraska I would think he would have made some comment to that effect on social media once the announcement was made (maybe he has and I missed it). If he in fact has not, that makes me think he will be somewhere else next year, not necessarily Minnesota but not back in Lincoln.
He has said nothing.

Granted JD at most publicly makes some vague tweets once in a while, that is to say he says nothing generally... granted he's a kid, probabbly for the best ;)

So yeah it goes both ways, yeah it's odd, at the same time ... normal?

This whole thing is just amusing to talk about but there's ZERO good info out there.

Zero chance.

He would be in Lincoln now, and taking part in spring practice (even if reps were low).

He may not end up a Gopher, but he definitely won't be playing in Lincoln this fall.

He has said nothing.

Granted JD at most publicly makes some vague tweets once in a while, that is to say he says nothing generally... granted he's a kid, probabbly for the best ;)

So yeah it goes both ways, yeah it's odd, at the same time ... normal?

This whole thing is just amusing to talk about but there's ZERO good info out there.
He Tweeted once a while ago that he "peeped it". I took that to mean he took a tour of UMN's football facilities, when he was home.

"The University of Nebraska-Lincoln announced that starting March 30th, classes will be taught online for the duration of the spring semester.

UNL officials say the move is meant to protect the campus and community from the spread of COVID-19."

What effect, if any, on the JD saga?

Full disclosure - I'm just bumping this post to annoy my friend (he's a die-hard Corn fan) :)

I’m thinking he was already taking class online this semester, so he could get the credits he needs to graduate this May.

Now it looks like the smartest move he could’ve made, to come home. They’d be sending students home anyway.

Last edited:

I’m thinking he was already taking class online this semester, so he could get three credits he needs to graduate this May.

Now it looks like the smartest move he could’ve made, to come home. They’d be sending students home anyway.
He knew.....

Thread bump. Coronavirus be damned, I need info (rumors) on this. Anyone heard how JD’s online classes are going?

Athlon: Why the Cornhuskers Should Proceed as if JD Spielman Won't Return in 2020

Nebraska head coach Scott Frost knew he'd be without JD Spielman this spring as the Cornhuskers' leading wide receiver from 2019 headed home to Minnesota to focus on his mental health. What Frost didn't anticipate was getting all of two practices in before everything was called off due to what is now our new normal for the moment.

As he adjusts and tries to organize his program as best he can from Lincoln with a roster spread out across the nation, he should seriously entertain the idea that Spielman won't be back.

There are two main reasons that Nebraska needs to take this approach.

The first is fairly simple. Like any good Boy Scout, the Huskers must be prepared. In this instance, that means planning for the worst and hoping for the best. It's not meant to be a pessimistic view, but rather a realistic one.

Go Gophers!!

Thread bump. Coronavirus be damned, I need info (rumors) on this. Anyone heard how JD’s online classes are going?

I know someone in one of JDs classes, he sent this clip of JD in a zoom meeting:

jKQeXPS.gif

JD is too much of a liability anyway. Dude put the ball on the carpet three times against us last year....

Nebraska's graduation date is right around the corner (May 9th) - is JD Spielman a free man after that date?

Top Bottom