JC Quarterback

I like claeys but the fact that he didn't go jc qb this season is reason enough to can him. Too late man. So frustrating for fans.

You expected a quality JUCO QB to go somewhere where they have to battle with a 5th year senior who's been starting since his freshman year? Good JUCO's are usually going to go somewhere where they know they have a great chance of starting right away.

You expected a quality JUCO QB to go somewhere where they have to battle with a 5th year senior who's been starting since his freshman year? Good JUCO's are usually going to go somewhere where they know they have a great chance of starting right away.

This is Gopherhole.

We've almost have Bob Stoops on his way ..... presumably the JUCO QBs would all feel "blessed" to come too!

Your looking at this wrong. Tackle4loss isn't expecting just any JUCO. He is expecting a Cam Newton JUCO caliber player - there is no competition. He starts over ML7 hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your looking at this wrong. Tackle4loss isn't expecting just any JUCO. He is expecting a Cam Newton JUCO caliber player - there is no competition. He starts over ML7 hands down.

Not sure we can afford a guy like Cam....

Not sure we can afford a guy like Cam....

There are hundreds like him lighting up the JUCO league. How TC didn't think of getting one is mind boggling - he should be fired.

Ta'amu looks like a Seth Green clone to me. His first 6 or 7 highlights were zone reads. They were good reads, but he doesn't look like an explosive runner...just a long-strider. Then his next 6 highlights were long passes off play action to very open WR's. He didn't show a timing route until about 20 plays in. He's also got a very weird motion...throws low, almost from below his shoulder or around his ear like a catcher. Doesn't appear to have much velocity or arm strength.

The staff obviously knows best, so he must do something better than Seth. I'm just not seeing it on that film.

I'd say he has quicker feet than Seth, really runs the read option well, and showed a bit of a rope throw at the 2:24 mark. Good enough arm, if he can do everything else right. I don't know, I like this kid. Pretty good numbers, comp%, TD/INT ratio, loved how he kept looking down field when he had to break out of the pocket, good enough speed and athleticism similar to PSU's McSorley and maybe a bit quicker. Worked in the pump fake. Obviously this is a highlight reel but there are some real flashes in there.

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took him. Sounds like this is his first year as starter at NMMI. Late bloomer and might be the kind of guy that gets a lot of later offers.

Top Bottom