Jamison Battle to enter the Transfer Portal

Again....you are bothered by Johnson being compared with Brewster....take a step back and really consider the level of dislike you have to have towards Johnson to be bothered by him being compared to another failed coach who gets bashed by the fanbase all the time.
And you're so desparately backed into your "must defend Johnson at all costs" corner you're prerending he hasn't been orders of magnitude worse than everyone's definition of a bad hire.

And you're so desparately backed into your "must defend Johnson at all costs" corner you're prerending he hasn't been orders of magnitude worse than everyone's definition of a bad hire.
lol....I literally just compared Johnson with the guy regarded as the worst Gopher Football coach since Wacker and that qualifies as defending him at all costs?

My only defense of Johnson is to say I think he should get year 3 to prove himself......that's it.

There is no contest between Battle and Carr. Battle is just a far better player. Both hogged the ball.

Stat lines for their final Gopher year

Carr
19pts/4rebs/5assists/1.3 steals/38%FG shooting/80%FT/31.7% 3 pt shooting

Carr scored 1.24 pts per shot - got himself to the FT line

Battle
12pts/ 4rebs/1.7assists/.6steals/37%FG shooting/78%FT/31.1% 3 point shooting
Battle scored just under 1 point per shot- rarely got to the line

Both were minus defenders for their positions.

Gabe- while his stats were not great on offense -was a really good defender- which obviously Cooper, other than shot blocking, was not.
Your comment: There is no contest between Battle and Carr. Battle is just a far better player. Both hogged the ball.

Did you really mean to say Battle is a far better player (than Carr)?

Am I seeing right that he's heard from Indiana and Arksnsas, among others? He's going to have high-major opportunities. Shit , dude's gonna dagger us at Assembly Hall, isn't he?
Yeah, almost anyone in the portal who put up points like he did in 21-22 at a high major team (whether that team was any good overall or not) is going to get looks from other high majors. Indiana could slot him into almost exactly the same role they had Miller Kopp play the last two seasons.

Yeah, almost anyone in the portal who put up points like he did in 21-22 at a high major team (whether that team was any good overall or not) is going to get looks from other high majors. Indiana could slot him into almost exactly the same role they had Miller Kopp play the last two seasons.
He’s going to be a 7th or 8th guy at a good school

Am I seeing right that he's heard from Indiana and Arksnsas, among others? He's going to have high-major opportunities. Shit , dude's gonna dagger us at Assembly Hall, isn't he?
As someone who also follows Michigan State I’d love to see Battle end up in East Lansing. Playing with those guards very well could help cure his shooting struggles.

Yeah, right now Johnson is more Brewster than Kill. Hopefully next year he is more Kill heading towards Fleck :)
You mean Thorson? I thought he was the real head coach and leader of the defense… oh I see

Desperate? No, Ben's record speaks for itself.

Brewster was a train wreck, but at least that train made it a few hundred miles down the track. Ben's train broke down before it could even attempt to leave the station.
You’re a clown and no zero about basketball. If Pitino was the coach you’d give him grace and that’s fact

I believe most of the critics are quite aware of this. We have been pointing out coaches who have taken last place teams and turned them around in 1 or 2 years. It has been others who have said that losing is great because we need to employ the Clem 90's strategy.

The reason why there is doubt is because Ben has neglected the tools where you can turn things around quickly. Ben is now waking up because he is forced to since his job is on the line. The frustrating part is there is no reason why those tools couldn't have been employed sooner. The question is, is he equipped to be able to do it?
Improvement to middle of the pack is not impossible so long as we put at least five guys out there who shoot a higher percentage than Battle. We have four of those now with Christie potentially a fifth.

A lot of Battle's shots were effectively turnovers, no different than not getting a shot off.

Clearly a couple of portal guards can also help more than Battle would have. Cooper's loss hurts; Battle not so much.

You’re a clown and no zero about basketball. If Pitino was the coach you’d give him grace and that’s fact

Nah, I have more basketball knowledge in my pinkie than you.

I also started the first fire Pitino thread 2 years before it happened. Hopefully it doesn’t take 2 years this time.

I actually think the Brewster comparison is very accurate right now. Assistant coaches given their first head coaching gig at the Big Ten level, Johnson hasn't been able to get his roster settled, Brew could never get his systems figured out. Both potentially in over their heads at a job they were not ready for. Both followed a coach who had a fairly long run but was at a point where they needed to be replaced.

If Johnson ends up failing and getting fired his hire will be very similar to Brewster on the football side.
We can only hope Ben says favorable things about the U similar to how Brew has been. When Ben was hired he took the low road on Pitino in a kfan interview mentioning that the HC should be recruiting. I am not hopeful.

Improvement to middle of the pack is not impossible so long as we put at least five guys out there who shoot a higher percentage than Battle. We have four of those now with Christie potentially a fifth.

A lot of Battle's shots were effectively turnovers, no different than not getting a shot off.

Clearly a couple of portal guards can also help more than Battle would have. Cooper's loss hurts; Battle not so much.
Who are the four we can rely on to shoot on the roster now?

I think Talon is a goner. He said he really hated the weather here.

I think there’s a chance Battle comes back. There’s just too much unfinished business here for the men’s basketball team and the hometown kids to be together. Dawson, Parker, Braedon, Payne, Joshua, and Jame-O.

We have talent. Just need everyone to stay healthy.

Your comment: There is no contest between Battle and Carr. Battle is just a far better player. Both hogged the ball.

Did you really mean to say Battle is a far better player (than Carr)?
No. Carr much better than Battle. Thanks for catching that!

No, Ben initiated it. Battle just wasn't good enough to play in it.

17.5 PPG and 6 RPG on good shooting percentages last year isn't good enough? Man, Ben really never did have a chance from day 1.

I think Talon is a goner. He said he really hated the weather here.

I think there’s a chance Battle comes back. There’s just too much unfinished business here for the men’s basketball team and the hometown kids to be together. Dawson, Parker, Braedon, Payne, Joshua, and Jame-O.

We have talent. Just need everyone to stay healthy.
Legendary take. I almost thought this was a Shama excerpt.

Nah, I have more basketball knowledge in my pinkie than you.

I also started the first fire Pitino thread 2 years before it happened. Hopefully it doesn’t take 2 years this time.
I once started a thread to get rid of Murray Warmath……. and it happened!

If you think the first "fire Pitino" thread occurred only two years before his firing, then you either weren't paying attention or you weren't posting here.
It’s true I was here letting everyone know street ball won’t get consistent wins

So Battle implemented the 'loose offensive plan' and not Ben?
Its never Ben's fault, he is simply the victim of everything: circumstance, nobody listens to him, NIL, weather, Pitino, allergies, climate change, unfair expectations, Williams arena, AAU coaches, and that's just for starters.

Kinda like when lots of people were glad to see Marcus Carr go because he was a ball hog and didn't play defense, has anyone seen him play for Texas, those problems don't seem to exist anymore, maybe Carr wasn't the issue? Just like Battle isn't the issue now.

Top Bottom